Reviews for The Forever Artist
Silence-Darkness chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
You know, this is one of the precious few oneshots that get better when you read it a second time over. I am impressed in the amount of cohesion you placed in the structure, and really the only thing I need to say is that this is one true masterpiece.

But just saying that won't give your work the appreciation it truly deserves. Other reviewers have mentioned that this piece brought tears to their eyes, and it brought tears to mine as well. The part where you describe Kasumi's choice to reject Matsuhita's offer is perhaps one of the most beautifully portrayed moments I have ever had the privilege of reading from - some authors won't touch enough details, some will touch far too many, but you had the ultimate balance in describing what was needed from Kasumi's perspective.

There is much for me to learn from these four thousand words alone. How you describe speech; how you convey emotion. People don't just speak like automatons in your work - I can hear them breathe, see them cry, feel how alive your characters really are.

I don't know how much time you spent reaching such finesse, but I am very happy you reached it.

Cheers to a true artist,

Silence-Darkness
Rose1948 chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
Beautifully bittersweet.
RurouniGochan chapter 1 . 12/10/2002
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. The transitions were flawless. The depth masterful.

Another masterpiece.
HecatonchiresLM chapter 1 . 11/22/2002
That was so bittersweet. All the way thru, knowing that she doesn't follow thru with it. Sad ;_;
Jessi-chan chapter 1 . 6/2/2002
::tears fill her eyes:: That was probably the most sad Kasumi fic ever written. BEAUTIFUL! ::sobs::
SirGetz chapter 1 . 4/27/2002
Nicely written. I liked it alot.
Starx chapter 1 . 4/26/2002
good fic.
Six-string Samurai chapter 1 . 4/26/2002
I enjoyed reading this very much; kasumi stand-alone fics have been rather infrequent recently. the only thing that i would like to point out is when Matsushita-san is intruducing himself, you have written it as him stating that he is 'Matsushita-san', this is socially unnacceptable, a Japanese would never do this. Then again this is fanfiction, so who am i to naysay your portrayal. I'm quite sure i've made the odd blunder here and there in my own works. Anyway, this was pleasing to read, despite the inherent sadness. It is a work that makes one think about what really is important. Life is short, and we should make the best of it while we can. Looking forward to reading more of your works.
NemesisZero chapter 1 . 4/25/2002
a very touching piece, which gets bonus points in my book for concentrating on a charecter that is often ignored.

the only real fault i have is that the constant back-and-forth motion of the time frame was a little distracting. i think the story would have had a better flow if you had made the sections of kasumi's past all tied together, and the same for the actual visit she payed to the dying teacher, using the train ride home as a framing device for both.
Chibi Halo chapter 1 . 4/25/2002
This was one beautifully written story. As a stand alone it works perfectly. By the time I got to the end of the piece I was crying. It had that effect on me. Keep up the great work with everything you write you truly have a talent for words.
Michael Nguyen chapter 1 . 4/25/2002
I admire your skill in this fic. VERY well-written.
Drina chapter 1 . 4/25/2002
this is a very good story, one of the few that i've seen that involved kasumi. the pov is great n realistic. i've enjoyed this alot :