Reviews for Helping Ryan
krisz chapter 9 . 12/1/2011
Nice ending! You really left us hanging there. Definitely wanting to know more. Would love to see what Ryan is going to talk to Taylor about and how he opens up to her.

I am curious to see what else is going on with Ryan here. I think you are giving us hints to something else coming, just haven't figured out yet if it is on purpose or not.

I am enjoying the Luke and Ryan time too. I wish we would have gotten more soccer action between them. I am glad you are including their friendship in this piece.

Looking forward to your next update.
tcsportsmed7 chapter 9 . 11/30/2011
I think it's a good chapter. I love the idea of Luke and Ryan at batting cages and Ryan imagining the ball as everyone who has wronged him. I also like how Ryan somewhat opened up just a tad to Luke, even if it was just very minor.

I like how Ryan goes to Taylor when he's distressed. They're really forming a strong bond I see. I hope you will be detailing their conversations a little bit more in future chapters. Perhaps they can have a kiss?

I'm very curious about Ryan's eating habits. I wonder if he's purposely eating to try to make it seem like he's okay. I am still hoping that his lack of appetite was not due to the pain killers, and rather because he has an emotional problem and possibly even depression.

I look forward to the next chapter. :)
Linoria chapter 9 . 11/30/2011
I really like it!

And I'm very much looking forward to more chapters)
ChrisUSA chapter 8 . 11/14/2011
great story
krisz chapter 8 . 11/12/2011
Thank you for the update! I enjoyed the Ryan and Kirsten bonding. I wish we would have seen more of that in canon. I also continue to enjoy the Ryan and Taylor friendship you have going.
Anonymous chapter 8 . 11/12/2011
You've done a good job of describing Ryan as on the fringe, watchful and wary. He's not just that way at the dance sitting on his own, but he's very guarded in general, which fits. I'm not sure how the Cohens can go about building trust, but I think it might have to be a cycle of steps forward and back. If Ryan and Sandy have the strongest bond and they're on shaky ground, there's a lot further for Kirsten to go after the rocky start and the Caleb connection that has to be so confusing. Then there's Seth's agenda of getting what he wants and how Ryan fits into that plan, consciously or not. I'm not sure what you have mapped out, but I wonder if there would have to be some series of events that would force them to pull together in a more supportive way and give Ryan what has always been lacking when he's had to fend for himself.

Thanks for updating with a closer look at the the dynamics.
tcsportsmed7 chapter 8 . 11/10/2011
Great chapter! I liked the RT and Ryan/Kirsten bonding. :)
Steve chapter 8 . 11/10/2011
Ryan's gotta open up...first to the therapist and then to either Sandy or Kirsten. Will be painful...
chiclete chapter 7 . 11/2/2011
Thanks for updating this story, it just gets better and better.
krisz chapter 7 . 11/1/2011
I liked the chapter! Don't be so hard on yourself.

It was short and a little bit of a filler, but I did like the Sandy/Ryan time. I am a little suprised with Sandy but I do like the angst you still have playing out here. Ryan continues to be in pain and dealing with being in the facility.

I like the direction you are taking this story and I hope you update it soon. Nice job!
tcsportsmed7 chapter 7 . 10/31/2011
I'm happy to see this updated! Yay! I think the chapter was good. I'm curious to know what's really taking Ryan's appetite away. The only thing that had me confused is Sandy saying Ryan was always skinny. I didn't think Ryan was skinny in S1. I thought he was really muscular and a bit stocky (in the good way) - and I did think he got a little thinner as the season went on and in S4 I thought he was pretty thin/lean (in the muscly way).

I also don't know how much weight you can lose in four days, but I'd imagine it wouldn't be more than 4 or 5 pounds so I don't know about Sandy thinking Ryan came back "frighteningly thin." Since a bit of time has passed now in your story and he's been skipping meals, I can see Sandy thinking he's becoming frighteningly thin now though (and that he's starting to look nothing like the bulky, fit kid he brought home from juvie) and he may have felt Ryan looked a bit thinner directly after coming out of the facility but nothing as drastic as how he's beginning to look now. Just my take though! Really though it was a great chapter and I'm very interested! I also love the RT bits! :D
grahad8 chapter 6 . 10/30/2011
Decided to wait until I had read all the posted chapters until I reviewed, hope that is ok with you. Really enjoying your story, not a Marissa fan, so delighted that she is not a major character!

You have really captured how Ryan was feeling after the Oliver debacle, I dont think his trust issues ever left him to be honest!

I hope there are going to be more chapters.
krisz chapter 6 . 10/19/2011
Great story so far! I have been waiting for a good new OC fic to enjoy. Ryan angst is always a good read. :) I am pleased to see Luke and Taylor included in this story.

Thanks to TC for the recommendation and link!

I am looking forward to the next chapter!
Anonymous chapter 6 . 10/17/2011
Adding in the therapy session is an interesting parallel and like a story within a story. It should be interesting to compare the two and see how Ryan behaves and what he reveals to friends or his guardians and the therapist and who, if anyone, he decides to trust. There should be a point where he can't bury and hide everything. Whether or not the Cohens take the therapist's words to heart about working to build a better bond and foundation with Ryan is another matter. Thanks for updating.
tcsportsmed7 chapter 6 . 10/17/2011
Well I think it was a good chapter! :) I like how Ryan and Taylor are bonding, and I would love to see her help him... I can even picture him calling her eventually after a nightmare and needing some comfort if she's the only person he thinks will understand him.

I am anxious to know what his nightmare was about. It's interesting how he's having such a hard time trusting the Cohens (because it's realistic). I'm anxious to see how the therapist "breaks" him down and gets him to open up. I'm sure he'll be very vulnerable and feel exposed when that happens.
124 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »