Reviews for Acceptable Substitute
Sybil Jane Capulet chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
The best Buffy fic I've read! Very funny, but also quite poignant when you think about where the Buffy/Spike relationship will go.
TheRedPoet chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
I'm on the first paragraph of a K rated story and there's "How his kisses could nearly make me come."

Now, I don't give a damn if you wrote a novel-length essay on that topic, but you don't wanna traumatize the younger viewers.

For accuarcy... You can't drink an entire bottle of scotch and live to tell the tale (or vomit your guts out) without being an alcoholic with decades of experience.

Bad on a scale of fish murder?

That really doesn't make sense. Either sneakily explain that saying or go with puppy-murder. Nobody likes that stuff. :p

Except Angelus.

All in all, a decent fic. Has it's amusing parts but not quite enough to Willow/Buffy interaction to warrant labelling it with their characters. You did do their relationship well, though, so kudos on that. What I think you rather missed is that Spike disgusts Buffy. Obviously he's a very good-looking man, everyone sees that, but he's a vicious killer. Even at this state, he's got very little care for anyone or anything. She hates everything he is and everything he stands for.

Therefor I think she was a bit cavalier about sleeping with him and liking it. There's no way Spike would've kept quiet about it, either. He'd be bragging till their ears bled, if only just to annoy them.

It'd be a conquest for him, just like killing the other slayers.