Reviews for A Measure of Salvation
Jester's Tear82 chapter 3 . 10/12/2011
I really liked your story, I thought the demon weapon affecting Sam was a smart idea! Wonderful hurt/comfort moments between the boys and Sam patching things up with Bobby was nice too. You can really feel the tension of 6.12 here, Sam still full of guilt & Dean afraid of losing him again, loved how Dean wouldn't leave Sam alone in the bathroom saying he doesn't care - how I want to hug them both :)

Lovely fic, thanks for writing!
irismay42 chapter 3 . 10/10/2011
There was a really great ending to a really intriguing story! I loved the idea of the demon blood still in Sam marking him as a potential victim for the weapon. And I'm always a sucker for Big!Brother!Dean!

Thanks for a great read!
carocali chapter 3 . 10/9/2011
Beautiful wrap up. I"m so glad you're writing again. Please don't stop- ever!

:D

Caroline
carocali chapter 2 . 10/9/2011
I love as this story unravels and how Sam just gets caught at the wrong place, wrong time! And the absolute forgiveness of Cas by Sam, even though Dean is not having anything of it. I'm twisting and turning as we learn of Sam's fate.

Wonderful h/c going on here with Bobby in the mix! Fantastic!
carocali chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
"Cas..?" Sam took a step forward, eyes wide.

"I need to think." Castiel turned back to face them; voice surprisingly earnest, expression gentle. "I'll bring you answers, Sam. I promise. But it would be better if you were not around while I'm seeking them."

Sam nodded hesitantly but Dean wasn't nearly satisfied. Before he had time to voice his dissatisfaction, the angel and the warhead were gone.

"What do you think that was about?" Dean asked.

"I don't know, but I suggest we do as he says and get the hell out of here." Sam's face was grim, the set of his jaw tense. Dean got the distinct impression he was missing something.

"What..?"

Oh, I SO love this set up - you're already making my stomach churn with this! Just amazing.
Madebyme chapter 3 . 10/5/2011
What a wonderful ending, you wrapped everything up nicely.

Compared to the other chapters, I really enjoyed the quietness of this one, with Sam on the mend and forgiveness in the air, tension replaced with relief.

I liked how Sam's illness just cured itself and how you didn't have any intervention with Angels, Demons, Magic etc. It felt like Sam won the war, that he beat the demon blood in his veins and I really appreciated that.

But most importantly I liked how you ended this on a high, with Dean feeling that he and Sam can move forward and put the past behind them.

I very much enjoyed this fic, it's been a pleasure! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope to see something new from you in the not so distant future. Take care, Abbi
Left Hook chapter 3 . 10/3/2011
Awww. Thank goodness. Ah, schmoop, and happy endings; wherefore do we read fanfic. Thanks for writing :)
gidgetgal9 chapter 3 . 10/3/2011
Have to say I hate to see this end but it did end on a really high note in my book. I loved seeing Sam's strength in this one. :)
BranchSuper chapter 3 . 10/3/2011
Good wrap-up to a very good story. Bobby and Sam are good, now Dean's good with it too. Nicely done.
zekeschance chapter 3 . 10/3/2011
This was the most amazing, detailed and intriguing story I've read in a while. The way you described each character was like watching the whole story being played out. Love that about you. You keep each person in total character and I appreciate that so much. Loved the plot and the way it played out. This last chapter had the best closing line. I feel like Dean really does feel that way and understands his brother better than he ever has. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful story.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 3 . 10/3/2011
Just recommended this to my friends. I love the creative premise of this, and the lovely Winchester-Singer family dynamic as they struggle to deal with Sam's suffering. And, oddly, I love that he was just able to recover without any divine intervention, both for its "realism" and for what that says about Sam. Really good read; thank you!
DeansSammy chapter 3 . 10/3/2011
love it but i'm sad that it's already ending.
gapdragon1 chapter 3 . 10/3/2011
Excellent stuff - Thank you
Menthol Pixie chapter 3 . 10/3/2011
Oh yay, I love happy endings (well, as happy as they can be for the Winchesters, meaning that no one's dead and they've still got work to do)!

Thanks for sharing this, it's been a lovely read :)
ccase13 chapter 3 . 10/3/2011
It's good to see Dean thinking they should take a few rest days since Sam was so sick. Rest days seem to help the brothers get along.

Part of their problems in seasons 4 and 5 were due to the fact they never took any time between jobs to talk things over. With Dean's dire allergy to "chick flick" moments the brothers need lots of time for stuff to ease it's way into the genreral conversation.

Sam needs lots of understanding due to his unfair guilt feelings over soul-less Sam's actions. His artifical lack of hell memories seemed to worry him too.

I like how Dean and Bobby gave Sam antibiotics along with his IV fluids in this story. Even though the illness was supernatural, they treated his symptoms in case the mechanism was real germs.

Seven season's hallucinations should be treated by getting him access to meds for seeing and hearing things. Sleepy, drugged up mental patients are not from their anti-psychotics, they're from the additional drugs they were given to calm them until the anti-psychotics kick in.