Reviews for Tuesday, May Fifth
Singing in the Dead of Night chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Wow. I wasn't sure about this story at first, but I really enjoyed it. Good job!
jasongraece chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Oh my god... there are no words. I have no words.

Only tears.

Okay, I do have words.

The strength of these emotions filtered from screen, straight to my heart. That was just... EMOTION.
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
This is so well done. I love the description at the beginning of how the inhabitants of Diagon Alley helped each other to rebuild. And George's held-in grief was very realistic, and somehow more upsetting than floods of tears would be. I love Ron's offer of help, and the letter from Verity is just right. I really like that she apologises if the protective charms she set up weren't good enough. Excellent story.
Gamma Orionis chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
Oh, very good. The description in this works really well - the whole scene feels very dark (especially the "filthy blood traitors" graffiti), and quite desolate, though with an undercurrent of hope, what with the letter. I liked all the little details, like the upside-down cash registers, the Pygmy Puff cages, and George's rather cold standoffishness at the beginning.

On the grammar/spelling front, I noticed you capitalized "Summoned", which sort of stood out awkwardly, but that's a tiny thing. I didn't notice any other problems.

Good work!

(Who's Verity, though? I should know this, but I don't. Sorry )
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
This is great! I especially like your use of the word "resuscitating" at the beginning; at first I read it as "resurrecting," but your choice is much better :) Ron's offer to help and the "er, something" were fabulous; awkward and sincere, perfectly Ron. A beautiful, touching letter from Verity, and George's inability to be moved by it illustrates the depth of his grief. Great work!