Reviews for Terminator: Revelations
jj12 chapter 2 . 2/22
Okay that was an excellent story
SyfyGuy2 chapter 2 . 9/14/2014
Well this was a really good Terminator fic, with the odd laugh or two and really interesting thoughts, and I really enjoyed your idea of the conclusion for the Terminator series that you give in this fic. Your portrayal of Skynet in this story was amazing and well-developed, and I feel that if we were ever to actually see more of Skynet in person and explore its character in the canon franchise, your characterisation of Skynet would be the best!

I agreed with and very much enjoyed exploring the mechanics and rules of the concept of time travel presented here; about how travelling through time just creates another reality rather than reshape and overwrite the original reality. The time travel concept you've used here is the one that's always made the most sense to me and that I've always found to be the most plausible and to add up - I've always been contemptuous of the 'linear reality,' 'fade-from-existence' time travel concept used by fiction such as 'Back to the Future,' since unlike the 'alternate reality' time travel concept detailed here, the linear reality concept has never added up to me at all and has always been LAYERED with countless unrealistic plotholes and inconsistencies.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 2 . 9/8/2014
interesting
Guest chapter 2 . 2/20/2013
man, this is one the best Terminator I've read, and I'm huge fan, congrats, well crafted story. the ending was cool because of connor's choice of not sending kyle and opening to a parallel universe concept. however, in my Humble opinion, Connor's character is far less complicated as He grew kinda like programmed, if you will, to ensure his mother and himself survival, that's his sole purpose or mission in life, more even than to defeat skynet, is to complete the circle of sending his dad back in time and then his uncle bob to protect his mom and himself...so Connor wouldn't ever even consider not to send Kyle back...Connor, and skynet only way to exist is to come to terms that they have to complete this loop over and over. as a What if story, is the best I've read ever!
patrick mcclellan chapter 2 . 10/26/2011
Left unsaid in the Terminator franchise is why a machine adversary would not use biological weapons against their human foes; it should work very well. I guess Skynet is better at physics than biology! ;)

I actually take that and run with it in mine. Not a biological agent so much as it is a Biological Agent :D

I somewhat like the concept of contacting skynet directly. I may jack that if I ever write a sequel to mine.

In fact, it gives me a very good idea.
Danielle chapter 2 . 10/13/2011
I also enjoyed both the story and the author's notes. Both were well written, with a tone of confident clarity.

I can't make such an erudite commentary as one of your other reviewers, as I haven't studied / thought about the mechanics to the extent you and he have. But I was just impressed by a very different take on the Terminator story, and by something that seeks to put into a context the timeline changes imposed by the decision to make sequels of varying quality to the original film.

To my mind, the original film packed the most powerful punch dramatically, even though the paradox it created was almost linear in character. But the sequels have been enjoyable in different ways, and have at least furthered the nature of the paradox debate.
Donald chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
Interesting concept of time travel here. It is becoming more common in physics for scientists to believe in the existence of multiple realities or parallel worlds, that there could be any number of possibilities for every action taken in everyday life. It seems much more preferable to the concept of time travel where the fabric of reality is linear and everything ceases to exist once an alternative action is made, it certainly makes things less complicated and convoluted, which is the way I like it.

Anyway I just thought that you might like to know that the Terminator expanded universe, as in the novels and comic books, actually has the character of Skynet acknowledge your theory on how time travel has affected everything. Skynet makes specific reference to being aware of other time lines and how despite its calculated methods the majority of the time-lines refuse to ensure humanity's defeat. In fact despite its efforts Skynet acknowledges that each travel to the past actually forces the current time-line or reality to become more like the original unaltered time-line as if the fabric of reality can be bent but not broken or entirely changed. The snake cannot eat its tail forever, eventually the time-line changes are going to collapse and one universal timeline is going to rule over all the others.

As far as Terminator fan-fictions go you got everything that I ever wanted compiled into one story. You have John Conner lead the human resistance to victory which should be expected by now. You have him actually interact with the main villain of the series Skynet itself (something which needs to happen on screen eventually) and defeat the AI not through force but his sheer force of will and character. Have John deal with the choices of time travel in a unique way that ends the cycle rather than perpetuates it. Finally and most importantly you have John showcase hope for the future regardless of what may come, "No fate but what we make for ourselves." I must say this might very well be my favorite Terminator fanfiction of all time, keep up the excellent work.
Thesaurusgirl chapter 2 . 10/10/2011
You clearly put a great deal of thought into this story. I enjoyed it but I have to agree with Sarah Connor. Thinking about all this time travel stuff can make a person crazy if you let it. Hope there will be more from you.
Thesaurusgirl chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
Interesting, realistic, well written and thought provoking. Enjoyed reading it very much.
Thesaurusgirl chapter 1 . 9/28/2011