Reviews for Memento Mori
Brenda293 chapter 1 . 12/29/2014
Amazing how much emotional this have make me . Honestly they are both too good for their own good , ironic huh ! Both are better place to know how life is short with or without power but still they sacrifice their own happiness to a third one .Are they noble or are they stupid ? For once I wish they were more selfish .
Bookgirl1980 chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
Great story.
Renascielle chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Wow. You do realize this almost made me cry right ?

It's an absolutely beautiful story, even though dreadfully sad.

You really deserve a lot of praise for this.
MissBesanii chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
Wow, this piece is beautiful. By half way through, I was openly sobbing as I read. It's not uncommon for me to cry at stories, but it takes a lot to make me this much of an emotional wreck.

I hope the reasons for writing this aren't direct, but if they are, please accept my condolences.
ifellinawell chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
Oh my... this just broke my heart. Almost literally.

I know you can write very angsty stuff, but this reached the level of depressing. Not that I'm complaining. I'm such a masochist that I love reading things like this.

I love how you portray the story years after the events of FFXIII, and how it's far from being a happily ever after. A lot of times, after seeing epic stories like FF, we just assume that the end of the story will be a grand life. But I guess that most times returning to a normal life after being a hero can be the worst thing ever, and that the dangerous journey becomes a utopia in the past, where obviously the heroes cannot return.

Seeing the once beautiful, strong and young characters become old and weak was also painful, but I'm glad you decided to set the story in a time like this. Another thing that is usually neglected is that people, even heroes, do become old. That we all will become old - and die. It's a frightening though, and this is why everyone focuses on beautiful young characters. But your story was a good reality check, painful as it is.

Lightning being Hope's teacher and master till the very end was beautiful too. In game, she helped him not to do the same mistake as her - when she became an orphan, she closed herself up and became a cold-hearted bitch. Hope was in the same path, but thanks to her he became a better person than she had been. In your story, she decided to forget that we all have a time of dying, and thus made her life miserable without the man she loved, maybe expecting that she would always have a time to correct her mistake. She's of course late, and she tries to teach Hope what she should have taught herself earlier: that we all die, and because of this we should not let life pass by.

What I loved more about your story is that it fits the characters perfectly, but that it's a lesson about life itself as well, without Lightning and Snow, FF, games or whatever. I mean it. I read this in the morning, and it did leave me kind of unsettled for the whole day, thinking about the story. Obviously, we cannot live thinking that we are gonna die, but we do need to have it present in our minds. If not, we may end up like Lighting in this story, regretting not having done a move before, only treasuring in her mind the moments she spend with Snow and hating herself for it. Were she to have made a decision and try to be with him, the world could have gone down with the "Serah issue", but now that her lover is gone, she regrets not tearing down the sky for what she wanted. Now she's just empty, without another chance to do what's right, because he is not coming back. And this moved me, believe me. As I said, we cannot live thinking of our death, but knowing that we may regret not doing something (because we all die) is more than enough for wanting to live fully and make mistakes, and learn, and love, and just live.

Yeah, this is how much you moved me, you awesome, incredible skilled writer! And as depressing as this story is, instead of making me terribly sad (though I was kind of totally sad for a while) it filled me with happiness for being alive. Thank you for your lesson.

Because yes, memento mori, so: carpe diem.
MakudeX chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
Ahh memento mori...I think i have heard that saying alot in the last year, Persona 3 can do wonders for the mind.

Back to the story however, this story right here, was angst on a whole new level. The share emotion that was conveyed was breathing taking. Best part of the story to me? the way character were presented, they were described by appearance not via blurting out their names, that right there was genius

Good job all together

makudex
Saccharo chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
This chapter made me oddly sad and left me a bit... empty... :(

Kind of similar to one of my one-shots (Am I a Hero Now?); Lightning visits Snow's grave and it caused some people to cry... XD

To me, in the game, Snow was a little annoying. He didn't seem like a real person to me. But in writing, he's more mature and stronger; he feels realistic, especially in your writing. Then again, he wasn't THAT annoying. XD

I enjoyed this one-shot a lot (Wipes eyes). Crap... my mascara got ruined because of this! X(

I can't wait for more stories from you! Update ASAP! XD