Reviews for Beyond the Vale
lilyflower1345 chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
Great chapter! I like how you had it end with Eiwyn sacrificing herself for Merlin. And I liked seeing Arthur worried over Merlin's wound. I've really enjoyed reading this story, thanks so much for writing it!
Wilkwo chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
Fantastic. :) Beautiful story with beautifully captured characters, true drama, and a lovely ending. Thank you for enriching the world of Merlin.
bluespiritgal chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
Ahhhh...so sad it's over! Enjoyed everyone chapter oozing in bromance! There was so many things I enjoyed about this story. The first being how well you depicted each charters friendship pairing. You got their personalities right on the mark. Second, you managed to pull the story off without Merlin having to reveal his secret (although I really do enjoy a good revel story-it was wonderful to read one that had so much action, drama and bromance, but allowed Merlin to keep his secret.)

Like other stories I read that you have written, you truly are a marvelous story teller, you capture the heart of a character and tell the tale like silk ribbons wrapping around the reader's imagination.

I certainly can't wait to see what you will came up with next (eyes gleaming hopefully)

Anyway, as Gauis might say. "Well done!"
Mer chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
Crying out loud
asdf chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
I am sad this is over for I loved reading it. I hope you write more, whether it be a sequel to this or healing spells or a new story all togther just please write more. You are a wonderful writer and I have always enjoyed reading your stuff. I hope you find some new inspiration soon for whatever it may be that you are going to write. Thanks agian for writing this.
Iaveina chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
I've been a bit suckish with reviewing for a while...but I have been reading! This story is amazing! I'm so sad to see it finished!
Moonlite Streak chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
Waaah! It endeeeeeeeeed! That was in-cred-ib-le, and the bromance...squeeeeeeee! Perhaps though if Arthur shed just one little tear as Merlin was dying - I feel that it could give the whole scene more dynamic.

I'm trying to be brutally honest here, because I know as a writer myself that constructive criticism is key to improvement.

The ending, in my opinion, could do with a short extra scene - where the gang returns to Camelot and Merlin and Arthur are embraced by Gaius and Gwen respectively. Just a hundred words or so in a narrator's POV or somethinf like that, to give it a more 'complete' feel.

However, I myself can find criticism annoying at times, so if you wish you can disregard what I just said and listen to the following praise.

I followed this fic devotedly, week after week, hoping to catch a glimpse of another chapter of brilliance. Everytime I had access to the internet I would check for an update, and I now aspire to write my own stories to the high standards you have set.

A sequel would e wonderful, but the question is - what will it be about? A story following these events, but focussibg on personal reflection and character growth or a continuation of it, where Rhoshad appears in the gang's dreams and appeals for them to help find a way to bring the whole 'valed' kingdom back (maybe).

Whatever, it's your story, and I'm sure that whatever you choose to do will turn out amazing!

Thank you for sharing this literary art with us - I think you made all of our lives just that bit brighter.

-Moonlite Streak
laurajslr chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
A brilliant story! I loved it! Thanks very much for writing!

x x x
carinims01 chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
this was so incredibly amazing! i was almost crying at the end! very good! i think you could acutallu turn THIS into a novel if you wanted to! its good enough for it! but as for the sequal you could have rhoshad return to pay back the favor and you could have a magic reveal! like maybe they have to go on a quest and they find rhoshad and he helps them! that would be great! anyway, just an idea! agian very good!
Lush chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
Thanks for writing a truly interesting and adventurous story. I loved it, you write well.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to more. Well done!
Kez26 chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
I've really enjoyed this whole story. Interesting, well-developed plot and enough whump and angst even for me. Thanks for writing it :)
ebonypol chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
Thank you for an amazing fic :). Please make a sequel! Maybe Rhoshad could help merlin out with something, a maze or something... Dunno... Anyway thx for the amazing fic and I look forward to reading any of your future fics :D
daily-chan chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
Absolutely brilliant :) A fantastic ending to a fantastic story as ussual. I'm really glad Rhoshad and Eiwyn finally found peace and that Eiwyn truly is the wonderful person you gave me the idea she was. I wonder how the villagers around the vale would react to the mist being gone, though i'm sort of glad you didn't add it, this ending is perfect. It's enough and that you stopped exactly there where it would be perfect shows how much of a master at writing you truly are.

I love your stories and will wait with pleasure to whatever merlin fic you will write next, knowing that even if you take time to write a new one...it will be magnificent once again, just like all your stories are. And they get better with every story. I love that you added Gwaine, Lancelot and Elyan in this one. Hopefully you'll add them again in new upcoming stories, you are really good at writing them, keeping them in character and making us love them all just that little bit more than we already do :)

Though I'd love to see how Gwaine will make Arthur pay back for all the times he didn't notice things going on with Merlin :P

Anyway, thank you for this brilliant and wonderfully beautiful story and I'll be waiting to see a new story appearing from your talented fingers :)
DragonflyonBreak chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
This was an incredible ending and I thoroughly enjoyed it! You did a fabulous job with this and I'm glad that I was here for the ride!

You actually had me worried about Merlin for a minute! I was afraid he was going to die - but he didn't and I liked that Eiwyn saved him.

I'm not really all that sure what to say cause I'm completely blown away by this and can't exactly think straight - but I loved this.

I hope to see more from you soon!

Thanks for a phenomenal story!

DragonflyonBreak
david9999 chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
Hi, BeyondTheStorm. :)

Wow what a great ending to what was a really outstanding well done epic fic. I loved every min of it. :-)

I really do hope that one day you will make a sequel it.

I'll look forward to see what else you make down the track,

have a good week,