Reviews for Beyond the Vale
Aris1013 chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
Amazing story and end! So sad this is over though, I love your stories so much! You really do write some of the best Merlin fiction out there :) Can't wait for whatever you decide to do next!
rawr52 chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
This has been a great fic all the way through. I'm so happy I found it! :D
Batsutousai chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
OMG! Such an awesome ending to such an awesome fic! *flail* So glad I found this, and I'd love to see more from you in future. :)

~Bats .x
sarajm chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
I can't describe how much I've loved this story from beginning to end. I will really miss your weekly updates; getting a story alert was like finding a treasure in my inbox!

You've really mastered the 'unappreciated/tired/selfless Merlin' and 'oblivious but caring' Arthur, and the angst that flows between those. I also loved how you bought the knights into the comforting. I'd dearly love to see how you would work your Merlin with Gaius, 'old school knight' Leon, and maybe even Uther, (maybe some fearful Merlin for the last two).

Regardless of where you take your next Merlin story, you are firmly in my author alerts, and I'm sure hoping that one will be triggered very, very soon, or I'm likely to go into vale withdrawal!
Kool Kato chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
OMG! That is the greatest story ever! It would be terrific if you could write a sequel! :)
arwa chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
loved iiiiiit!

finally, its over ive been folllowing this for a long time
MamzelleHermy chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
Oh I'm so sad that this story ended (I was worried yesterday when I saw no update).

What can I say for my last review then? I loved it, all through. It was amazingly written, the story was so original and intelligent, the suspense breath-taking. There is really no words big enough in my vocabulary to say how great I think your story(ies) are.

At this point, you could write any thing I have no fear. Of course sequels are nice but if you don't have ideas I don't mind.

So, keep up the good work, you're wonderful. I'll be waiting impatiently for a new story.
lilyflower1345 chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
Great chapter! I like how you had it end with Eiwyn sacrificing herself for Merlin. And I liked seeing Arthur worried over Merlin's wound. I've really enjoyed reading this story, thanks so much for writing it!
Wilkwo chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
Fantastic. :) Beautiful story with beautifully captured characters, true drama, and a lovely ending. Thank you for enriching the world of Merlin.
bluespiritgal chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
Ahhhh...so sad it's over! Enjoyed everyone chapter oozing in bromance! There was so many things I enjoyed about this story. The first being how well you depicted each charters friendship pairing. You got their personalities right on the mark. Second, you managed to pull the story off without Merlin having to reveal his secret (although I really do enjoy a good revel story-it was wonderful to read one that had so much action, drama and bromance, but allowed Merlin to keep his secret.)

Like other stories I read that you have written, you truly are a marvelous story teller, you capture the heart of a character and tell the tale like silk ribbons wrapping around the reader's imagination.

I certainly can't wait to see what you will came up with next (eyes gleaming hopefully)

Anyway, as Gauis might say. "Well done!"
Mer chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
Crying out loud
asdf chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
I am sad this is over for I loved reading it. I hope you write more, whether it be a sequel to this or healing spells or a new story all togther just please write more. You are a wonderful writer and I have always enjoyed reading your stuff. I hope you find some new inspiration soon for whatever it may be that you are going to write. Thanks agian for writing this.
Iaveina chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
I've been a bit suckish with reviewing for a while...but I have been reading! This story is amazing! I'm so sad to see it finished!
Moonlite Streak chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
Waaah! It endeeeeeeeeed! That was in-cred-ib-le, and the bromance...squeeeeeeee! Perhaps though if Arthur shed just one little tear as Merlin was dying - I feel that it could give the whole scene more dynamic.

I'm trying to be brutally honest here, because I know as a writer myself that constructive criticism is key to improvement.

The ending, in my opinion, could do with a short extra scene - where the gang returns to Camelot and Merlin and Arthur are embraced by Gaius and Gwen respectively. Just a hundred words or so in a narrator's POV or somethinf like that, to give it a more 'complete' feel.

However, I myself can find criticism annoying at times, so if you wish you can disregard what I just said and listen to the following praise.

I followed this fic devotedly, week after week, hoping to catch a glimpse of another chapter of brilliance. Everytime I had access to the internet I would check for an update, and I now aspire to write my own stories to the high standards you have set.

A sequel would e wonderful, but the question is - what will it be about? A story following these events, but focussibg on personal reflection and character growth or a continuation of it, where Rhoshad appears in the gang's dreams and appeals for them to help find a way to bring the whole 'valed' kingdom back (maybe).

Whatever, it's your story, and I'm sure that whatever you choose to do will turn out amazing!

Thank you for sharing this literary art with us - I think you made all of our lives just that bit brighter.

-Moonlite Streak
laurajslr chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
A brilliant story! I loved it! Thanks very much for writing!

x x x