Reviews for Beyond the Vale
LinBates chapter 28 . 6/17/2013
Great story!
Splashes of Madness chapter 28 . 6/8/2013
There are no words to describe this plot. If I used words like, "excellent" or "fantastic," I would be understating it.

Amazing work; the storyline had me from plot to finish!
Quart de Lune chapter 28 . 6/1/2013
I absolutely loved it )
At the beginning, I was hoping that they would somehow realize about his magic and finally understand what Merlin was truly going through but I find myself satisfied with this ending !
They found out enough and their new trust is already a victory for my favorite warlock. So I'm happy.
Thanks for the lovely time I spent with your story.

Bises,
Lune
Ser o no ser chapter 12 . 5/24/2013
This is not fair to Arthur. Any attempt that Arthur made to get to know Merlin was all but deflected and I wonder how Gwaine would react when he realized justt how much he knocked Arthur out or put him to sleep with magic.
Ser o no ser chapter 9 . 5/24/2013
I can't help but feel for Arthur. Merlin knows everything about Arthur and Arthur knows nothing of him. Its not like Arthur hadn't tried before in his own prattish way. And I mean just because Arthur doesn't profess his feelings like a bard doesn't mean there's something wrong with him nor should he have to change just because of Merlin's sensibilties. You make him sound like he has asperger's or something.
JustCatchMe24 chapter 28 . 5/20/2013
Wow! What an incredible story! I don't often (ever) say this, but I wish I was the one who thought of and wrote this story. It is so enthralling (thank god I only found it now, don't think I could have withstood those cliffhangers!), incredibly written, intriguing, just draws you in almost like magic! I was into it every second of the five or so hours it took me to read it. Perfect amount of bromance and friendship between Arthur and merlin. I think you really understand the character of merlin, you do him justice. In a way the show didn't truly get to (we never really see merlins emotions, behind all the tough choices he's had to make. Arthur's usually able to cheer him up with an idiotic remark, and it doesn't seem like all the true darkness is ever adequately dealt , an incredible effort for a fan fiction, I am totally jealous and impressed, By the amazing creativity it took to imagine and concoct this tale. You are inspiring me to be more motivated with my writing :-) Hope to read more from you soon! Oh and I caught some of the authors notes, hope your health is better now!
B chapter 28 . 5/10/2013
I completely enjoyed this fic. :D
It reminded me of Wuthering Heights so much, I don't know if you did it on purpose or if it's just a coincidence but the story with the mist made me think of the wiley, and there were ghosts, souls and a castle... maybe that's just me, imagining things. :)
So many emotions and magic and a great plot. You really wrote an awesome story and the fact that there's no reveal is absolutely not a problem. Everyone is starting to trust Merlin, especially Arthur and it's great.
Thank you for this fic, it was well written and, since you asked to point out the mistakes, in the last chapter, at some point you wrote "prince" instead of "price". Also, in some of the latest chapters, I remember reading "then" instead of "than" and "at" instead of "as" but I don't remember where exactly (sorry, I know this won't help a lot).
Anyway, it's quite rare to read a fic in which there are almost no mistakes like yours so thank you also for this, it's really appreciated.
fire chapter 28 . 4/20/2013
no ,you don't have to write a sequel ,this ending is beautiful
TheWhispersWhichFlowGrey chapter 28 . 3/29/2013
Oh My Dear God! I practically devoured these few last chapters. I'm sorry, I couldn't keep up the Highlight of the chapter thing, I was just too much in a hurry to see what would happen next, but i promise I'll come back and review all of them.
This was a very, very good story. I've never taken so much interest in non-reveal Merlin fanficiton in my entire life, and if I have, it's always been oneshots.
I cannot express how my heart started pounding when I got to the part about Merlin's wound, because honestly-I was Arthur! I had no idea the wound was so deep! In my mind it was something small, nothing too serious. It kinda dawned on me(or rather hit me like a brick wall) at the same time it did Arthur.
This was just a beautiful ending. I can only imagine the expression on the faces of those in the village.
The thing is, only the best books and stories get me thinking so much, and this one did: I'm talking about the part about life being precious and all that. Made me realize, again, how much time we lose and how much we spend not appreciating and not actually living to the fullest.
I've rambled on for a while, haven't I? Your stories seem to have that effect on me.
Okay, let me choose a final highlight, for the final chapter.
"Its bark shown like gold, the leaves glittering like silver and crystals in the sunlight, but what truly had them all enraptured was the sight of a young man with rust colored hair and eyes like jade sitting at the base of the tree, nestled safely between its roots with a girl garbed entirely in white asleep in his arms."
I choose this, because Rhoshad was an amazing character and I really liked him and because there are just so many I could choose.
Thank you for writing this and I wish you good luck Till next time
Guest chapter 14 . 3/28/2013
Highlight of the chapter: "He knew that it was extremely foolish and probably more than a little naïve to believe in the words of a voice he couldn't hear that belonged to someone he didn't know who may or may not even exist…but then again, he wasn't exactly known for being rational. Why start now?"
The hint of irony makes me believe Merlin is better, or at least getting there. Anyway, it was nice and I liked it. I think I might've missed a chapter, I've been reading too fast in the last hour, but I'll go back and see:D Can't miss my "Highlight of the chapter" now, can I?
Guest chapter 13 . 3/28/2013
Highlight of the chapter: "and that thing in his chest that he was fairly certain was supposed to be his heart clenched again." Nice wording:)
It's really good to see Arthur finally realizing how much Merlin has done for him without actually realizing it(because he has no clue about his magic and what exactly has happened). But that just makes it all all the more real.
TheWhispersWhichFlowGrey chapter 11 . 3/28/2013
Highlight of the chapter: "'…She had no right,' he whispered, clenching his fists around the grass beneath him. 'She had no right.'"
Because his anger was so perfectly put there.
Can't wait to see what happens:D
TheWhispersWhichFlowGrey chapter 10 . 3/28/2013
Highlight of the chapter: "She stood completely still her eyes unblinking, and Merlin knew without a shadow of a doubt that he certainly wasn't going to be the one to draw that haunting stare. Someone else could have a go at it. He hadn't wanted to come here in the first place."
I like his crabby attitude here. It's hilarious:))
The bit about the mist was a nice touch.
TheWhispersWhichFlowGrey chapter 9 . 3/28/2013
Highlight of the chapter: "No matter how far they went, the mist remained thick and confining, never thinning out or lifting even for a moment… Until suddenly it did."
I can't exactly tell you why I liked this s much, but I did. It felt like a slap in the face.
One moment I was lazily reading, relaxing in my slow reading pace, and then... "Until it suddenly did". Blink. Perk up. Huh?
Du du du duuum. This is getting interesting.
TheWhispersWhichFlowGrey chapter 8 . 3/28/2013
Maybe it's because I was expecting it-or rather not expecting it-to happen, but I didn't mind the fact that the magical reveal has been averted. I actually liked it, and believe me, that is something. Because whenever people dodge magic being revealed like the show does, I get frustrated. That's why I was afraid of this story in the first place.
But, like I said before, I needn't have worried. I loved the fact that they didn't find out and have to agree with you: anything else would change the dynamic drastically. And I like this dynamic.
Also, the scene with Lancelot at the beginning was probably part of why I loved the almost-reveal so much. It was so... God! I was amazing. I realize now I never really considered Lancelot too much, he's usually not in my stories, but actually he's an amazing character.
Highlight of the chapter: "The moment he saw those bright eyes, lit with undeniable magic, Lancelot knew he only had mere moments to make a decision, to do something, and staring at Merlin in shock wasn't an option."
Because there was just something about the way a he covered for his friend. The thing that would've given Merlin's deadly secret away was something as simple as golden eyes, and there was something about Lancelot hiding his friend's eyes that... I don't know. It moved me so much and I don't even know why.
My advice is to never stop writing, because you're good at it.
706 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »