Reviews for Beyond the Vale
TheWhispersWhichFlowGrey chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
This was a great beginning. Gods, you are a good writer. I generally don't like reading non-reveal stories, the show has teased us enough in all of the five seasons, but I just finished your "Of twisted morals and human weaponry" (and let me express again how utterly brilliant it was) and I've also read your "Healing spells", and I really needed to read something else written by you, because you're just bloody brilliant and I love your writing. If that original series works out and you ever get published, I am already a fan.
Honestly, I was afraid I wasn't going to like this as much as your other stories because of the whole not-revealing-magic thing, but as it turns out I needn't have bothered.
You got me from the very beginning. The prologue thingy was pure brilliance, and this chapter has just sealed my fate. I'm going to read your story and enjoy it, just like your other stories, magic reveal or not. You're too brilliant for me not to.
Sorry, just wanted to put this here.
Oh, and one more thing. I have a kindle, and whenever I read a book I always end up highlighting a lot of said book. Let me tell you that I would be highlighting like crazy if that were possible:) This would have been my first highlight: "Needless to say everything had simply gone downhill from there, and really, what part of 'no one has ever returned' translated into 'well, Merlin, we have an old, mysterious, and clearly magical castle to find, so why are you just standing there when clearly you should be packing?'". I literally burst into laughter at that.
Well, I've a bad tendency to blabber on, so enough of me. Let's read more of you:D
To use your word, Onward!
19sweetgirl96 chapter 28 . 3/6/2013
So it was
Really funny Reading your a/n bc it's 3 in the morning and I just finished reading it after starting around 11. And I havent studied for the two tests I have in less than 9 hours. Thanks fanfiction. It was really good and I enjoyed reading it. I wouldn't mind seeing a oneshot or something when his magic is revealed and thee is an Aha moment between Arthur gwaine and Elyan.
Katerina Riley chapter 28 . 3/4/2013
That was amazing! I actually like how it's wasn't a reveal fic. But in a way it was... You portrayed everything so well! From Merlin's "awareness" to Arthur's struggles with friendship. Honestly, how you are not an author with a published book right now? Seriously? You're way with words is uncanny. I love how you included Elyan in the group of five. As the reader, I felt like I got to know him better in this fic. My hat goes off to you! And now, seeing as its almost midnight, I'm off to bed. However, I am looking forward to reading your next story :)
Lunar191 chapter 28 . 2/16/2013
Awwwwww so bittersweet at the end. I really really enjoyed reading this. You did a fantastic job!
Also, I too would love if there was a sequel. A continuation of this story would be amazing.
Lunar191 chapter 16 . 2/15/2013
Aww this just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside while kind of wanting to weep at the sad sweetness of it all.
I wonder if the knights are actually sleeping... I can imagine them all just lying there and listening in.
Lunar191 chapter 7 . 2/15/2013
It's kind of hard to read this story without praising you every so often, at least. I would do so more, but I get a bit distracted with the actual reading and that lovely little 'Next' button. But this was amazing! Incredibly well written and had me completely hooked!
Lunar191 chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Well, that was just amazing. And the prologue? I was reading it in Merlin's voice even before I could determine it was him, which I find incredibly impressive.
BarkingMad98 chapter 28 . 2/11/2013
*stunned silence as I finish, having no words to describe how much I love this.*
This is the best fanfic I have ever read, and I have read a lot. I love the feeling and depth behind each word, and the character conflict that echos in real life.
You also described Merlins heart perfectly! the guilt, the sorrow and the sharp pain of loss was very vivid, and it got me a bit teary eyed...just wow. Beautiful.
I have never felt so much emotion in a fanfic; amazing :D
*wipes eyes and gains composure, trying to get some control over the feels*
I love it so much I can't really put it into words, so I'm sending you a cyberhug*hugs through internet*
I spent the last 6 hours reading this and every minute was worth it. Thank you for writing this and making my day, and I'm sure many others who have read it :)
Zephyre chapter 28 . 2/9/2013
Right. Wow. That was phenomenal. How you came up with that plot is beyond me. Just literally read this in one sitting. So. I thought it was brilliant and will am now going to ignore sleep and read the rest of your work.
mayatrau chapter 28 . 2/9/2013
As I've come to expect from your stories it was abseloutley wonderful! And even though you said there wouldn't be one I kept hoping for a magic reveal...
Could you please PLEASE consider doing a sequel? Me and I'm sure many others would simply love it!
I think that Especially now that the show's over Its more important than ever to not let the wonderful characters of Merlin die along with it and the best (and only, that I know of) way to make it happen is through wonderful fanfiction like yours...
Keep writing!
Kiki1770 chapter 28 . 2/7/2013
Amazing, amazing, brilliant story. I was abosultely "besotted" with it. You really drew me in from the get go of the story. I can see how for a story like this one, a sequel would be very difficult, but there are a few loose ends that I was hoping you could wrap up in a sequel. I kinda want to know what the lives of Knights and Arthur are like when they get back to Camelot, if Merlin can start sleeping again, if Merlin will ever reveal his magic, Gwen's reaction to the events that occured in the Vale, how Escetia (sp?) reacts to Arthur, maybe an evil plot including Morgana, Gwaine's suspcion of magic, the Great Dragon's reaction to these events, Ecestia's reaction to the disapperance of the Vale as well as Camelot's, and lastly I want to know Eiwyn and Rhoshad repay them. Also, if Rhoshad and Eiwyn have been alive for six hundred years and are both well versed with magic, how did they not know that Merlin was Emrys? I think it's fair to say the druid legends about Emrys and the Once and Future King could have existed in Eiwyn's time.
sto1000 chapter 23 . 2/4/2013
thank you for this chapter. I like your description of open heart. The understanding that no one is perfect is one thing, but to know, that people make mistakes and to regret/admit is another. in my surroundings are some people who make mistakes, but they arent' able to realize that they did this. It is a great thing to admit that you did something wrong. People who can do this, are the people who I can respect.
sto1000 chapter 21 . 2/3/2013
I love this story. Can't stop reading. It's so exciting. I Love how you describe the characters.
Book girl fan chapter 4 . 1/30/2013
Except in this case, magic did save him! Well, not by itself. I suppose he might have meant magic alone couldn't save him, and that much is true. Still, you have to love irony!
TheMistyMountains chapter 13 . 1/29/2013
Definitely should be a sequel that includes a magic reveal, and Leon and Percival! However, this was fantastic, and the ending where he had a "soft smile" before he 'died' was so beautiful! Gahh!
716 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »