Reviews for Beyond the Vale
Katerina Riley chapter 28 . 3/4/2013
That was amazing! I actually like how it's wasn't a reveal fic. But in a way it was... You portrayed everything so well! From Merlin's "awareness" to Arthur's struggles with friendship. Honestly, how you are not an author with a published book right now? Seriously? You're way with words is uncanny. I love how you included Elyan in the group of five. As the reader, I felt like I got to know him better in this fic. My hat goes off to you! And now, seeing as its almost midnight, I'm off to bed. However, I am looking forward to reading your next story :)
Lunar191 chapter 28 . 2/16/2013
Awwwwww so bittersweet at the end. I really really enjoyed reading this. You did a fantastic job!
Also, I too would love if there was a sequel. A continuation of this story would be amazing.
Lunar191 chapter 16 . 2/15/2013
Aww this just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside while kind of wanting to weep at the sad sweetness of it all.
I wonder if the knights are actually sleeping... I can imagine them all just lying there and listening in.
Lunar191 chapter 7 . 2/15/2013
It's kind of hard to read this story without praising you every so often, at least. I would do so more, but I get a bit distracted with the actual reading and that lovely little 'Next' button. But this was amazing! Incredibly well written and had me completely hooked!
Lunar191 chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Well, that was just amazing. And the prologue? I was reading it in Merlin's voice even before I could determine it was him, which I find incredibly impressive.
BarkingMad98 chapter 28 . 2/11/2013
*stunned silence as I finish, having no words to describe how much I love this.*
This is the best fanfic I have ever read, and I have read a lot. I love the feeling and depth behind each word, and the character conflict that echos in real life.
You also described Merlins heart perfectly! the guilt, the sorrow and the sharp pain of loss was very vivid, and it got me a bit teary eyed...just wow. Beautiful.
I have never felt so much emotion in a fanfic; amazing :D
*wipes eyes and gains composure, trying to get some control over the feels*
I love it so much I can't really put it into words, so I'm sending you a cyberhug*hugs through internet*
I spent the last 6 hours reading this and every minute was worth it. Thank you for writing this and making my day, and I'm sure many others who have read it :)
Zephyre chapter 28 . 2/9/2013
Right. Wow. That was phenomenal. How you came up with that plot is beyond me. Just literally read this in one sitting. So. I thought it was brilliant and will am now going to ignore sleep and read the rest of your work.
mayatrau chapter 28 . 2/9/2013
As I've come to expect from your stories it was abseloutley wonderful! And even though you said there wouldn't be one I kept hoping for a magic reveal...
Could you please PLEASE consider doing a sequel? Me and I'm sure many others would simply love it!
I think that Especially now that the show's over Its more important than ever to not let the wonderful characters of Merlin die along with it and the best (and only, that I know of) way to make it happen is through wonderful fanfiction like yours...
Keep writing!
Maya
Kiki1770 chapter 28 . 2/7/2013
Amazing, amazing, brilliant story. I was abosultely "besotted" with it. You really drew me in from the get go of the story. I can see how for a story like this one, a sequel would be very difficult, but there are a few loose ends that I was hoping you could wrap up in a sequel. I kinda want to know what the lives of Knights and Arthur are like when they get back to Camelot, if Merlin can start sleeping again, if Merlin will ever reveal his magic, Gwen's reaction to the events that occured in the Vale, how Escetia (sp?) reacts to Arthur, maybe an evil plot including Morgana, Gwaine's suspcion of magic, the Great Dragon's reaction to these events, Ecestia's reaction to the disapperance of the Vale as well as Camelot's, and lastly I want to know Eiwyn and Rhoshad repay them. Also, if Rhoshad and Eiwyn have been alive for six hundred years and are both well versed with magic, how did they not know that Merlin was Emrys? I think it's fair to say the druid legends about Emrys and the Once and Future King could have existed in Eiwyn's time.
sto1000 chapter 23 . 2/4/2013
thank you for this chapter. I like your description of open heart. The understanding that no one is perfect is one thing, but to know, that people make mistakes and to regret/admit is another. in my surroundings are some people who make mistakes, but they arent' able to realize that they did this. It is a great thing to admit that you did something wrong. People who can do this, are the people who I can respect.
sto1000 chapter 21 . 2/3/2013
I love this story. Can't stop reading. It's so exciting. I Love how you describe the characters.
Book girl fan chapter 4 . 1/30/2013
Except in this case, magic did save him! Well, not by itself. I suppose he might have meant magic alone couldn't save him, and that much is true. Still, you have to love irony!
TheMistyMountains chapter 13 . 1/29/2013
Definitely should be a sequel that includes a magic reveal, and Leon and Percival! However, this was fantastic, and the ending where he had a "soft smile" before he 'died' was so beautiful! Gahh!
Book girl fan chapter 6 . 1/24/2013
I personally think that is was a good idea. I also think it is likely that Gaius has done the same thing more than once. He's done it to Arthur, though admittedly that was on Uther's orders. The only problem I can see is that he can't be sure exactly what the drug was, or how much should be used. Other than that, I think it was a good idea, with good intentions, and the knights are overreacting.
Jane88 chapter 28 . 1/22/2013
Amazing story that goes right to my favourites! :) Well-conceived, thrilling, emotional and heart-warming till the end. Really true to character, loved all the different perspectives and insights into their thoughts and emotions. You're a great author, don't ever stop writing, you're doing a fabulous job! :) Loved it!
714 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »