Reviews for Comprehension
irish d' salmon luver chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
the ending is an epic win XD
JustPassingThru chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Long-time Minami-ke fan. A friend linked us to tonight and after some blind clicking around I stumbled upon the Minami-ke section. Your story premise seemed interesting so I decided to read it. I quite liked it. You seem to have a good grasp on the characters. For instance, the three Minami brothers taking Touma out birthday shopping for her gift seems exactly like the sort of boneheaded thing they really would do. Fujioka still not understanding that Touma is a girl, while a little farfetched for this particular story given what he witnessed ;, admittedly fits in perfectly with the humor of the show. Besides: as you yourself allude to here, he's seen some pretty damn obvious things before and still failed to put 2 and 2 together, so who knows? (Btw, you definitely had me fooled up until he mentioned the word "hobby" to her. I saw that and was like, "Oh hell no ...! XD" But up until then, I really thought that this may have been the day he finally figured it out.) As a fan, I enjoyed the premise.

For a fanfic, this is also much better written than most fanfics I have seen. You don't abuse adverbs left and right. You have a good command for how to properly enter into and exit out of dialogue lines. And the vocabulary used in this piece is neither juvenile nor is it jam-packed with ridiculously arcane words. ("The sesquipedalian nature of his loquacious banter did not ingratiate him": sentences like this are thankfully nowhere to be found here!)

Thanks for the entertainment. Good luck in your future endeavors.
Silverstream10 chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
I love this! It's very cute and well written :) I'd love to see more.
Hieronym chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
Well, I laughed, for what it's worth, even if I saw the end coming.

I'm not actually sure why you think it feels off. If I had to venture a guess, I would say that Fujioka needs to spend some time thinking about his reaction to it. After all, it's nothing something he should be able to just take in stride. That's just my opinion though.

Also...is it your intention for there to be a dividing line in the middle? It kind of goes from one scene into another, completely different scene, with no transition.