Reviews for A Day in the Impala, 1988
Angelus 408 chapter 1 . 10/8/2017
well, now I know what to read when I need a good cry, again.
Thanks.
00-night-eyes-00 chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
love it
lipglosskaz chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
That was so damn SAD!
Both little Sammy & Dean's voices seemed so real.
I loved it and you are brilliant.
Doctorwho32 chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Excellent job. Perfectly in character. you made me cry when Dean was talking to Sam about their Mom.
sylia91 chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
This was amazing! Sammy is adorable and you can palpably feel how much Dean loves his family especially Sam. At the same time your heart breaks for how fast Dean has to grow up and take responsibilities that most adults could not handle.
sarah chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
i love your stories, your Sam and Dean are so in character in a way that really impresses me, i loved Dean's line when he tells Sam to get a new father and then a better brother and sister too, awesome work, well done
Twinchester Angel chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
Ok, I'm pretty sure my birthday is the end of October, not September. And yet, here you are, just lavishing me with presents! I know have to shudder at the thought of what you're going to do when you run out of years! Or worse yet, what am I gonna do? I can't seem to stop myself from yelling a distinct and definitely mature "YES!" Whenever I see your name in my inbox. This was another incredible one. I am so tempted to say that this was the best one yet but really it's like a favorite child thing. It's not possible to really pick a favorite when you love them all to pieces. This one broke my heart more than a little bit. Quick story, I'm walking my dog and it's dark out and very windy and the leaves are blowing everywhere. When I got to the part where John told Dean that he smelled sulfur at their door, some dummy across the street banged a garbage can lid and I swear to Chuck, I jumped a foot in the air and yelled "sweet jeeeeesus!" It took me a minute to calm my stupid heart! Haha! I love how you write these boys! Have I told you that already? *giggle* You just have them down so perfectly. Yes, Dean loves Sammy more than life itself, obviously, but taking care of him really was his job and he's still a big brother. He still gets annoyed and frustrated and angry. But classic Dean, he kept his head in the game. Even at 9. His gut feelings started young and it's a good thing they did. The check list was a brilliant thing for you to write because of course there was a check list. And of course he had even more on his than John did. It's really quite sad that Dean had all that responsibility at such a young age but if not him, who? No way was John gonna stop the fight and he would've ended up losing those boys to something evil at some point. I love how Dean knew exactly what to pack. A lot of 9 year olds wouldn't remember the toys. But he did cuz this wasn't his first day on the job. And it was so kick-ass and yet so sad that he knew exactly how to break into a car at that age too. Just all of it was so sad and yet it was really cool too. And yet, Sammy is still skipping to a pop machine like nothing happened and like nothing bothers him. Dean did an excellent job of helping Sammy stay a little kid just a little bit longer. And the part about their mom? *sobs* I love Dean's memories of his mom and the Hey Jude reference and how she smelled like the kitchen and she never yelled and she was smart and she called them her little angels, just *sniffle* This was so sweet and so hard to read at times. You write them so well that I felt I was intruding on a private moment. And yeah, Dean made her sound so good that of course Sammy wanted her back. But Dean always seems to know what Sam needs right when he needs it and Sam needed to have a tiny glimpse of his mom. It was so cute when Sam started crying and Dean wanted to all of a sudden give him everything in the whole world. I feel for Dean. Sammy rocks those puppy eyes like no other and when he adds tears and god forbid sobbing and sniffling to it? Forget it. Dean didn't have a prayer. And holy crap did I laugh my butt off at the whole "Your brain is like a pinball machine" line. Hahaha! That's exactly the perfect way to describe a child who is nonstop chatter from morning til night and bounces from one subject to the next with no clear trajectory or reasoning behind it. It can be mentally exhausting and I really felt for Dean that he had to deal with all of that but really, I believe he may just be the best big brother in the world. And then John showed up. Again, you nailed it! John was abrupt, gruff, unemotional and gave Dean very little praise that was so subtle that you'd miss it if you blinked. It's almost like he kind of took him for granted and John himself admitted to that right before he died. The story of smelling sulfur and making Dean remember it was chilling, especially since Dean never really understood why it was bad but just that it scared their dad and that equals bad in Dean's book. I can't believe how your stories make me babble. Haha You're incredibly talented and I'm amazed at the interesting and realistic plots you keep coming up with. I just want to say thank you for all your hard work on these. I know writing is hard but damn if you don't make it look easy. Just please know that your work is so appreciated and enjoyed by all of your readers. I hope you keep them coming! Thanks for sharing this. *hugs*
LoveTheCoat chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
All day at work the email alert for this taunted me! Knowing I couldn't read it until I got home...it was a long day!

I don't know what to say that I haven't already said; you have a knack for the characters, and for the children. I've tried to write children, and it's hard. This is a great little moment, and I felt so bad for poor little Dean trying to explain to Sammy about their mom. It's impossible to put into words the emotions as an adult, let alone a little boy. I don't know who had it worse, Dean for knowing and missing what was lost, or Sam for not knowing it at all.
doyleshuny chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
Boy this kind of brings back memories for me. I have a baby brother too. His name is Jacob. That kid could get on my last nerve faster then anybody on this earth but like Dean there is nothing worse then the sound of Jacob's heart breaking. e're both adults now but I still just fold everytime my little brother is hurting. You did a fantastic job. I felt really bad for Dean but the second little Sammy started crying I cried myself.