Reviews for Impala On The Backroads
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 8 . 8/23/2014
I suppose the title would give it away and the first part, but man, was it a punch to the gut to read that they are dead...! I mean, sure, it was as happy an ending as it could possibly be, but it's just hard for me to conceive a world that doesn't have the Winchesters... Childish, maybe, but I always like to think they could be out there to protect us, the silent heroes that nobody talks of, ya know?
But when I say it's as happy as it can be I mean that if they don't die in the end of the show, it is not the end. Hell, at this point if they die it's not a definite conclusion either, I don't know what are the writer's plans XD. But I have to agree with Jared and Jensen on this when they say they both need to go out in the end. It's the only way to get some closure. And they need to be together on the other side, these beautiful soulmates! It's so inspiring to know that they share a heaven and it doesn't need to be romantical, they are just the purest soulmates you could imagine: brothers. I can't imagine having this kind of bond romantically, imagine with family. It's just marvelous to think about!
Ops, I'm out of track again! I just want them to be together and raise a little hell in heaven with Ash and Ellen and Jo and their parents and all the people they lost along the way. I want them to be forgiven for all the pain they caused without wanting or meaning to. I want them to be happy somehow, somewhere, because they are just wonderful, complex and all around poetic characters that deserve it SO MUCH!
All I can say is that I felt this story deeply and it made me remember a lot of things I love about this show, even after all it's been through the last couple of years. And I thank you for that, my friend!
Until the next time!
R.
Tacpebs chapter 8 . 8/23/2014
Interesting ending. I liked it.
zekeschance chapter 8 . 8/22/2014
Really enjoyed reading this series. Love the Impala as much as Sam & Dean. She would definitely go out with them! Thanks so for writing.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
Einzelfall chapter 3 . 10/20/2013
*_*
love it
Samantha V chapter 7 . 7/6/2013
Beautifully done, and oh, so sad. Can just feel the amount of pain Sam's been through and how this is one hurt he will not be able to get over :(
Shannodoah chapter 7 . 6/28/2013
Another great little piece. I'm impressed how much you can say, how strong the emotions are that you evoke in me with so few words. You grab me at once and leave me wanting more!
Shannondoah chapter 6 . 6/28/2013
Amazing that such an innocent statement stuck in your brain and gave birth to this story. Very good. It makes me so sad for both men: Sam because he doesn't remember his mom and her tender love and Dean because he can.

I also love the title and how it ties into the final sentence. Interesting twist on the age old adage.
Shannodoah chapter 5 . 6/28/2013
I hadn't thought of them dying on the side of a road somewhere but that's as much of a home as they had for the first 28 years of their lives. Sort of fitting if they were to die there beside the Impala.
Shannondoah chapter 4 . 6/28/2013
Wonderful! The pain of loss can be sharper and more physical than anything that's actually physical.
Shannodoah chapter 3 . 6/28/2013
Comparing the peaceful moments they have to Saturdays was perfect. Everyone understands what a normal Saturday is like. Dean's interpretation of the doc's evaluation of their relationship was typical Dean brush-off but I think he has a good point. Would any of us be "normal" if we had to constantly protect ourselves and our family from death? It's been said a million times but normal for the Winchesters and other hunters is nothing like normal for the rest of the world. Co-dependent maybe. Dependable certainly.
Shannodoah chapter 2 . 6/28/2013
FAbulous! Very urgent. It makes me wonder how far my brothers and sister would go for me, what I would do for them. And then I realize there's a little bit of Winchester in everyone who loves their sibling. as the oldest of four, I know how Dean feels about Sam (even though I've never saved anyone's life). I would do anything for them!
Shannodoah chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
When you told me you'd written 110 stories I was like- WOW! I've only read about 20 of them. So I'm on a mission to get them all read (hopefully this weekend while I have time off). I really enjoy those quiet inconsequential times when Sam and Dean can just be brothers so this series of posts will be a spring breeze.
Obi the Kid chapter 2 . 5/23/2013
Somehow I think I just posted a blank review on Chapter 3. It's what I get for being too happy on the keys. Anyway, just found this series, wandering through only two of the chapters far. Great idea for a series! I've never been successful at writing tiny little snippets, my shortest stuff tends to at least be a few pages, so I enjoy seeing this type of thing so nicely done. Will go back to reading more!

Thanks for making this non-slash as well. I'm having a heck of a time finding some really good non-slash stories, but glad I stumbled onto your stuff. Lots of reading to do!
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »