Reviews for Impala On The Backroads
Swellison chapter 4 . 6/18
This shows the awkwardness between the two at the very beginning, Dean leaning on his hunter training to try to help Sam: "'s just pain, Sam" and Sam still in his normal world, where pain is caused by loss and grief, and not directly by monsters.
Swellison chapter 5 . 6/18
Oh, I can feel Sam's anxiety and resolve, and Dean's determination not to throw up in his baby is wrenching and so Dean-like.
Swellison chapter 3 . 6/18
I like your drunken but still thinking Sam, here. Yeah, the Winchesters are more dependent than most brothers, but hey, isn't that part of their "Family First" creed? And the deep brotherly bond that hooked me on the series so many eps and years ago, now? I like how Sam knew better than to chide Dean about putting his boot on baby's hood;-)
Swellison chapter 2 . 6/18
This sort of reads like the climax to a full story that was plotted but not written. However, what is here to be read is very atmospheric and very much in character for Dean. I'm setting this second half of season 6, when souled Sam is back.
Swellison chapter 1 . 6/18
Got hooked by your title, I'm a sucker for Impala by the side of the road stories. Your dialogue is great here, so easy to see this happening. And you got a bitch/jerk in there, too;-)
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 8 . 8/23/2014
I suppose the title would give it away and the first part, but man, was it a punch to the gut to read that they are dead...! I mean, sure, it was as happy an ending as it could possibly be, but it's just hard for me to conceive a world that doesn't have the Winchesters... Childish, maybe, but I always like to think they could be out there to protect us, the silent heroes that nobody talks of, ya know?
But when I say it's as happy as it can be I mean that if they don't die in the end of the show, it is not the end. Hell, at this point if they die it's not a definite conclusion either, I don't know what are the writer's plans XD. But I have to agree with Jared and Jensen on this when they say they both need to go out in the end. It's the only way to get some closure. And they need to be together on the other side, these beautiful soulmates! It's so inspiring to know that they share a heaven and it doesn't need to be romantical, they are just the purest soulmates you could imagine: brothers. I can't imagine having this kind of bond romantically, imagine with family. It's just marvelous to think about!
Ops, I'm out of track again! I just want them to be together and raise a little hell in heaven with Ash and Ellen and Jo and their parents and all the people they lost along the way. I want them to be forgiven for all the pain they caused without wanting or meaning to. I want them to be happy somehow, somewhere, because they are just wonderful, complex and all around poetic characters that deserve it SO MUCH!
All I can say is that I felt this story deeply and it made me remember a lot of things I love about this show, even after all it's been through the last couple of years. And I thank you for that, my friend!
Until the next time!
R.
Tacpebs chapter 8 . 8/23/2014
Interesting ending. I liked it.
zekeschance chapter 8 . 8/22/2014
Really enjoyed reading this series. Love the Impala as much as Sam & Dean. She would definitely go out with them! Thanks so for writing.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
Einzelfall chapter 3 . 10/20/2013
*_*
love it
Samantha V chapter 7 . 7/6/2013
Beautifully done, and oh, so sad. Can just feel the amount of pain Sam's been through and how this is one hurt he will not be able to get over :(
Shannodoah chapter 7 . 6/28/2013
Another great little piece. I'm impressed how much you can say, how strong the emotions are that you evoke in me with so few words. You grab me at once and leave me wanting more!
Shannondoah chapter 6 . 6/28/2013
Amazing that such an innocent statement stuck in your brain and gave birth to this story. Very good. It makes me so sad for both men: Sam because he doesn't remember his mom and her tender love and Dean because he can.

I also love the title and how it ties into the final sentence. Interesting twist on the age old adage.
Shannodoah chapter 5 . 6/28/2013
I hadn't thought of them dying on the side of a road somewhere but that's as much of a home as they had for the first 28 years of their lives. Sort of fitting if they were to die there beside the Impala.