Reviews for Paper Hearts
Orbmagic chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
It's interesting the way you put it, especially the title"Paper Heart".
Papers,pens and silence creates the tension between characters.
The way how they communicate, as what I surmise, is twisted by the unseen force, or say, by themselves.
They try so hard to hide the emotions, try not to break the balance, try not to hear or understand what tone and pitch could give "one meanings", so they choose to write, to hide the feelings behind.

"Later, they would be burned."
This very sentence makes me wonder, what or who will be burn?
Paper or themselves.

Well written and very enjoyable.
Thank you!
Roi Red chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
The story as well executed, for one can indeed feel the sorrow. You took on a difficult task, and you conquered it. Well written.

Good Job.
k4gh chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
I'm not much of a cry-er; I mean I don't usually cry so I didn't, but this one made me want to. I mean it's sad, but it's one of those perfect, realistic fics that really shows what could have happened in their future :

So yeah, sad, but this is one awesome fic. :D
empatheticsympatheticpathetic chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
You don't know how long i've delayed to read this... Hah! Thank goodness I finally did it 2day...

I was just as amazed as when I was reading your Fool's Gavotte... Well written, yet again. I guess, your writing is just my kind of fics... Make more Gsd fics! _
Riko Chiaki chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
w nice one-shot :D

i like the ending :D
Miyu Nanami chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
After reading this, I feel like crying

Its just sooooooooo sad .

Love how the way u end it ~ "Athrun was just getting tired of lying to himself"

AHHHHH! *CRIES*

You should write more Asucaga fanfics :)

Love it sooooo much
Fate Camiswhil chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
why does this make me wanna cry? XD

omg! this is so heartfelt!

I wanna sob right now but I can't because my cousin is just a room away...XD

in any case, this was so pure and... I don't even know how to describe how good this is.

I can't believe you deleted 'Love can be different'... that was so beautiful and not in the norm, people should be given full freedom on how to express themselves, you shouldn't have to try to be like the ordinary... because you're definitely not! XD

again, please try to write a multi-chapter!

and if you could, please join us at facebook! just search for 'AsuCaga Forever' and I'm sure a group and a page will appear...

all the best of luck and God bless you always!

(._.)
rinaissance chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
I also go through the same oddity of sometimes writing from the middle instead of the beginning, not just with fan fictions, but also with academic essays. Although writing AsuCaga is a different scenario, since I usually leave their interactions right to the very end, before publishing. Right. I’m babbling, sorry.

First of all, despite how mundane and trite the title “Paper Hearts” sounds, I think it is appropriate to describe their relationship as a whole. I have learned from doing the laundry, that no matter how flimsy a paper looks, it is somewhat resilient. It will go soggy when placed under running water, but it won’t get torn apart unless *you* tear it apart. This is analogous to Athrun and Cagalli’s relationship, because I don’t believe that external factors are capable of separating them. That power remains in their hands alone.

I find this piece very realistic. Cagalli’s silence and resolve to keep Athrun from a distance is painful to watch. She loves him. I’m sure he knows this; he loves her too. But Cagalli is broken and fearful (of the possibility of choosing between ORB and Athrun again), and needs to find solid ground to stand on, and it may not be something she can find in him, because Athrun is just as broken as she is.

“…to be just Athrun Zala and Cagalli Yula Attha.”

Can I just say how much I am digging that? In most Post-GSD fan fictions I have read, I have seen writers and fans alike wanting them to be together ‘as just Athrun and Cagalli’. Truth is, it will never happen. ‘Just Athrun’ and ’Just Cagalli’ stopped existing since the moment Chief Representative Athha and Alex Dino came into life. Cagalli will always devote herself to ORB just as Athrun will always be haunted by being a Zala. Yes, they will heal, but Cagalli being an Athha and Athrun being a Zala are facts which will always claim a part of their lives.

“Athrun was really getting tired of lying to himself.”

Powerful. My tears have pooled.

The silence and small written words between them won’t last forever, but for now, they rely on those little moments to soothe their wounds and fill in the empty spaces in between. Ultimately, what makes their relationship painful is not the intangible distance that exists between them (they are forever bonded together), but the time needed to heal themselves.

Your writing is very easy to follow, and poignant at many times. My only concern is the shift in tenses, which is a wee bit distracting. Perhaps this is something I can attribute to you writing this in a non sequential order (referring to your A/N)?*

Please write more! It makes me happy to find thought provoking fan fictions like these still floating around here in the GSEED archive. Although sadly, they are criminally underrated and overshadowed by the poorly constructed ones.

- Trina

*I am in no position to say this, since this review is probably running wild with inconsistency in my tenses. Hee.