Reviews for A City Out of Clay
ladybug114 chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
That. Was. Amazing.
I cried a little bit...
your depiction of musical Jack was PERFECT. You totally nailed his character, i love it!
Mush's Goil chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
I love this!
I have to admit it; when Jack thought about Crutchie, I teared up a bit!
I feel like you showed Jack's thoughts perfectly!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Sooooo good, i just saw newsies in new york, but yesterday i had to go home to oregon. But im completely in love with this play so i hope you keep writing stories cause i will read them!
Elaine Mauldin chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Hello. zgroovy from tumblr here.

It always makes me so happy when I learn that my followers and the people who I follow can write. And this oneshot made me teary, like, really so. Not just because of the part with Crutchie, which always gets me no matter what, but the fact that you make beautiful style choices. So, yeah, this was beautiful and I really really liked it.

E

zgroovy
Spin Bray chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Stress~

Sorry it's been so long! I haven't been up to speed on my reading at all. Not even the new musical fics! But this one...woah. You out did yourself. Although he doesn't feel like my Jack, you helped remind me why I love Newsies, and why I think the musical was for the better. This fic was great. And thank you so much for putting the tiny bit about "cowboy" in the end. Jack will always be Cowboy to me, even if he is handy with a paintbrush. So thanks. And amazing job, Stress. You rock.

CTB,

~Tipps.
eirenical chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
This was beautiful. _ You have a very lyrical style and it suits Jack's "new" personality very well. And that part in the middle when Jack was thinking about Crutchie... ;_; ...so sad and I loved it. Thank you!
Stubby the Newsgirl chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Such an awesome job, Stress!
SnowAngel116 chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
You're seeing it again? You're so lucky! I saw it on the 25th and it was amazing! Besides the fact that we drove 3 hours to NJ, it was pretty awesome, we had great seats and my dad let me buy out the gift shop, kind of :3 And after the show I got autographs from the cast and pictures with Jeremy Jordan and Kara Lindsay. I was seriously hypervenilating. I loved this story! You really got what he was feeling and interpreted it to us very well. It was very well written. It left me very satisfied knowing what Jack was thinking in those moments before the 2nd act. I hope you do come across some more inspiration for a Newsies musical fic and I hope you enjoy your 2nd time seeing it!

-snowy
Austra chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
*Austra's Jealously Alert starts screeching and shrieking* You have seen the musical, and I am absolutely pea-green with jealously! Envy! Aaaaaaaaahhhh!

Anyway... after that delightful little... scene... there...

This was really good! I greatly enjoyed it.

-Austra
mysterygirl chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
This is really good, you described perfectly how Jack must feel.

I love it!

You're going to see it again this sunday?

LUCKY!

This sunday is the Newsies fan day, and apparently some of the REAL ACTORS from the ORIGINAL movie are going tho be there!

Wish I could go, but I already saw it. We drove 8 hours in total to New Jersey and had dinner in NYC!

Have fun seeing it again
Skatinggirl2011 chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
Just letting you know that Jeremy Jordan tweeted this story!