Reviews for Time Lords and Religion
Kalaong chapter 1 . 3/14/2014
This really makes me want a fun, mildly philosophical meeting between Aang and the Doctor at Iroh's tea shop. Both recognize each other as pseudo-immortal beings, and even realize they've met before at some time. So they have a deep conversation about the similarities between regeneration and reincarnation.

The Doctor mourning long-lost companions, the Avatar wistfully thinking of the friends and loves he's had and seeks from life to life - for example, he's lost and found Katara over and over again, but it's never really the same. Not really a bad thing, either, because it means they get to discover each other all over again. Sometimes as friends, sometimes as lovers... Perhaps the Doctor's companions are seeking him out over and over again, wanting more and more adventures with the Lonely God?

And as the Doctor turns to leave, Aang goes Avatar State... and Korra appears.

The Water Tribal shrugs and kisses the Doctor on the cheek. "Sorry. I just realized that I hadn't met you yet. Safe journeys, Time Lord. We'll have even more to talk about when I meet you for the first time."
moosiebell chapter 1 . 3/8/2014
The writers have something planned for doctor who when they come to his thirteenth regeneration that will not end the show! I'm pretty excited!
Deathmvp chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Nice littile story here. I know in your other story she becouse a time lord but you may have a small follow up chapter to this. Have something happen that she get hurt as she ask if she would also join the time vortex.
Lord Xantos A. Fowl chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
i thought the explain to a line-lander didn't happen till the longer sequel (been a while since i read it)
Ashena-Iulik chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
Oh! This was so greath! Especially the part with wath happens when he dies!
Water Wolf 100 chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
This was really good. I knew that nothing that anyone wrote would change my views so I decided to have a go. This was a great way to merge science fiction and religion. You are a very clever author, so kudos to you. :)

It's very interesting, I don't think that the existance of God is something that we can prove. No one can fully prove their religion, because it's what you believe and what you accept to be true despite uncertanity. I do believe in God, and I do believe in Jesus Christ and I do believe that when I die I will go to heaven to be with my Father once again. Do I have any proof of this? None that scientists would cal valid. But in my heart I know it's true and that's all the proof I need. Regardless I really enjoyed this story. The merging of two things that typically don't belong together is always nice to see. It proves that they can co-exist in some ways, not in all but in some.

And too boot, you set this after Satan Pit, which was one of my favorite episodes of season 2. I also loved Fead Her.
brodie-wan chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
I pondered on this episode after seeing it as well. From a Christian perspective, the episode, as here, in your story, implied that beast was Satan, and then summarily dismissed it as just another creature the Doctor had encounted.

I liked the episode and found Rose's inquiries refreshing.

"Oh, the same thing that always happens. We got old enough and advanced enough to realize that the Gods we worshiped were actually real."

"I also liked this story, L-E-S. It is well written and thouht out. It is also very well in character for the Doctor. I really enjoyed the Doctor's explanation of the time lord's encounter with their gods and the shuffling off of their religion.

However, the stick figure would be beyond confused. He cannot even fathom what you are doing to him because he has never known up to exist. You'd be doing something that, do him, seems impossible. In that instant, you would be the God, Rose."

I also very much enjoyed the Doctor's examople using the two dimensional stick figure. Nicely done.
JeMS7 chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
You are so cool. If only for the God quote from Hitchhiker's Guide. One of the episodes in season 6 someone actually asks what Time Lords pray to, so this was very appropriate.
SqueakyDolphin6 chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
This is very well thought out and well written. Of course, I solidly believe in God (singular), so I disagree with the point. The Eternals remind me of the Q from Star Trek Next Generation. Yeah, I watch that occasionally (blushes and hangs head). Anyway...I'll give it a thumb up. :-)
Celtic Knot chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
This was awesome! As a religious person myself (and an amateur student of comparative mythology), I've often wondered what kind of religion the Time Lords might once have had. I like your take on it.

And kudos to you for being brave enough to post it! :D
ceeare chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
I enjoyed it. I hope others will too
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 9/28/2011