Reviews for Wake Up and Fight
BlackIceWitch chapter 3 . 1/30
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards : January 2016

Explosive opening and information passed easily via the characters made this a very easy story to become immersed in, the blend of action and thought balanced well and continuing to lead the reader forwards at a breakneck speed.

Description, dialogue and action are written with a sure and very clear narrative voice, through the character’s viewpoint, which giving immediacy and tension that a more distant view lacks. It also creates a solid connection for the reader, enabling them to live the action alongside the characters satisfactorily. Pacing was handled deftly, and mood and tone were crafted with skill, establishing the surroundings very well. Some logical discrepancies and inconsistencies were distracting, intimating as they did the desire to have the characters forced into decisions and action that weren’t truly justifiable.

The concept of the Hellbearers, the lore surrounding them and the difficulties of dealing with them was done well, a reminder of what a fertile imagination can produce, in direct contrast to the inspiration ;)
Catasauqua chapter 4 . 1/17
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review: Novella/Novel/Horror January 2016

There is no doubt, you are a natural storyteller. Your style flows nicely and is easy to read, and your imagery complements it. I especially liked your breaking down chapters two and three into hours. Very effective, that. The effect of the Hell Bringer's bite was fascinating and while I realize the story was about curing Sam under adverse conditions, it was also as much about Dean's personal struggle in dealing with what happened in Hell. However, repetitiveness dulled these horrors into commonness, leaving me feeling a kind of apathy by story's end. It doesn't mean I didn't like the story, in and of, itself. I did.

Your Show characters are true and believable and each are easy to relate to. The Witch, not so much. She's a puzzlement to me.

Cat
nice flow
hours :) in char
Cas?
repetitive
reread M&J for context witch?
too dean heavy? dean pov or plot/dean
LeeMarieJack chapter 4 . 1/9
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review: January 2016

What an excellent story. The action was almost non-stop. We did get a breather at the beginning of Chapter 3 but plunged right back into the action again. I found the witch interesting as a character. Is seems as if she did have some vestige of humanity left after all.

I found the construction of the story to be technically strong. The division into 4 long chapters was very effective. Tying the fours of the story brought the idea of a clock face to mind and moved the story along very effectively through the night, waiting for Bobby to arrive. Well planned and carried out.
LeeMarieJack chapter 3 . 1/9
That was great. Sam and his rituals, he really knows how to chant up a storm. Dean burning the wit6ch was another excellent scene. Such excitement! Loved it all.
LeeMarieJack chapter 2 . 1/6
The witch is an interesting new player. I'm waiting for the cavalry to ride to their rescue. I could use Cas or Bobby and even Rufus but these guys need help.
LeeMarieJack chapter 1 . 1/6
That was very exiting. The action was mesmerizing and you dragged me through this first chapter. Great scenes and never a drop in the intensity. Castiel was heroic and beautiful at the same time. All this and I get Bobby and Rufus too? Perfect.
Elanshaw chapter 4 . 11/14/2015
After reading this I thought "I cannot NOT review this."
This was pretty much brilliant. Your characterization is perfect, the dialogue sounds just like the boys. It was dramatic, action filled, emotional..etc.
Great job, I truly enjoyed reading this.
VicariousWindows chapter 2 . 6/14/2015
This is so captivating that I've been literally sitting in my car parked in my garage reading. I was looking forward to continuing chapter 1 all the way home and now that I've finally stopped I couldn't even wait to get in the house and now here I am at the end of chapter 2. Send help or provisions please. Absolutely brilliantly executed. The dialogue and characterization are spot on. Thank you for contributing another incredible piece to the SPNverse. Looking forward to continuing!
Guest chapter 4 . 6/13/2015
awesome
CornishGirl chapter 4 . 4/11/2015
This is so excellent. Action, angst, the slow slide into physical exhaustion. Dean gives so very much of himself-for the right reasons, absolutely-but has no idea of when he crosses the lines. His tenuous grip on physical reality is exquisite when he's got nothing left to give. Loved how John and Mary told him what he needed to do, needed to be, to not only survive, but to bring his brother through.
SGAavidreader chapter 4 . 1/3/2015
I am new to Supernatural fanfiction. I have only read Stargate Atlantis fanfiction for years (some very excellent writing), but recently discovered this new series and immediately fell in love with it. I started looking for supernatural fanfiction and had a lot of trouble finding stories with the right voice for the characters. I was about to give up when I stumbled on your stories. I have loved all of them I have read so far! After reading this story I felt compelled to let you know how much I am enjoying your writing. I am hoping when I have finished your stories that looking at your favorites list might lead me more authors I will enjoy. I tried googling supernatural rec lists but have found it way more difficult to find than for SGA. Thanks for the many hours of pleasure your writing has given me, so far this one is my favorite! Also, any suggestion where to go for great stories would be much appreciated.
Chick Feed chapter 4 . 8/22/2014
Hoping you're still around and writing. Just found this fic and lost myself in it. You have an amazing writing style that makes everything just flow, and I love the descriptive aspect of your writing. I also liked how it followed along with that season's story lines (minus the wheelchair).
This was the kind of series based, excellent plot fic that, of late, I find I am more and more often having to spend disheartening amounts of time searching for amongst the overload of "mpreg gender swap inc**tuous relationship de-aged might bother with a vague plot see how I feel" fics.
All that time, however, was well worth it in order to find your story :)
Thank you.
Chick xx
twinklingeyes07 chapter 4 . 6/18/2014
Awesome!

enjoyed all the chapters..
all the minute details have been so beautifully described..loved it :)
and the witch was really really creepy :P

great job :)
laurieglory chapter 4 . 11/3/2013
Really amazing story. My favorites are the ones that I can close my eyes and see it as a episode, and this was one of those. Your a great writer, keep it up :)