Reviews for If You're Blacking Out the Friction
past decembers chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Oh god, all the Karofsky feels.
trufflemores chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
Aww. Poor Kurt. He's so lonely and all he wants is for Blaine to love him, but Blaine's still in his pointedly-oblivious phase so he doesn't seem to be interested in Kurt romantically at all. I can definitely see him as the type to spill his emotions when he's drunk (see: the Bambi incident), and it makes sense that he would be especially morose about not being loved by Blaine at this point in time. Blaine would be at the forefront of his mind because they spend so much time together, so it's not surprising that he starts rambling about him as soon as Karofsky mentions him.

And I have to admit that I felt a twinge of pity for Karofsky. He doesn't have anyone, either, and he can't even admit to being gay in his own household. At least Blaine and Kurt have that security. It gives everything an interesting perspective, and it's always fascinating to read how you write him. I'll never really /like/ him after what he did to Kurt and the rest of the Glee club for years, but you make him very understandable, and unravel his motives to a more reasonable level. There are so many conflicting emotions in him that it makes sense that he's so unpredictable and even volatile around Kurt. It wouldn't be healthy for him to start a relationship with Kurt because of that, but at the same time, it's clear that he hasn't let go of that possibility. Reading about him taking care of Kurt in his time of need was interesting.

I have to admit that I'm really glad that he called Blaine, because the thought of him taking Kurt back to his house to recover gave me chills. I can't imagine how Kurt would have reacted to waking up, somewhat hungover and not remembering a thing from the night before, in his tormentor's home. There would definitely have been an explosive reaction, and I doubt that it would have been for the better. Good thing that Karofsky had enough sense to fall back on Blaine instead of himself. And I'm not surprised that he kept his identity hidden; he was right in saying that the others would just to conclusions about who drugged Kurt.

All in all this was another great piece. Very interesting, and very well written. I loved it.
Ravenpan chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
I really liked this. I don't generally like Dave - but in this? I did. And it made me want to hug all three of those boys.

Stephanie rawks.
Helios-Knight chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
This was a really good story! I like it a lot.
Emily chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
I realize this is from a while ago now, but I really like your portrayal of Dave as a complex person.
applejackanon chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Hi Caitlin! How are you? I heard about what happened - I understand you're depressed, and that some of your friends didn't treat you how they should have. Well, I want to first give you a big hug. And, second, tell you that you are worth it. You are worth the attention you crave from these people. And more. I'm so glad that your family can support you, and I wish you all the love you could possibly want.

Anyway, this line:

"I just wanted you to pay attention to me," Kurt sobbed. "Just want someone to pay attention."

It broke me. I could easily see myself doing what Kurt did, in a few years. But no one would be there to come get me. There would be no Dave Karofsky. No nothing.

So, I really hope I don't do that.
The Corrupted Mind of Emmaline chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
That was somehow cute and made me happy and sad at the same time...I just wish it was longer...Then again, I always wish your fics were longer... XD I love 'em too much!
twostepper chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
love
Ooh a Jellybean chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
I love this one shot. great job with dave and kurt drunk :)
png1grl chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Dave is not one of my favorite characters however I really like the way in which you portrayed him here. I think he is a very complex character yet I believe you did a good job at getting into his mind and writing from his POV. Poor Kurt just wants to be loved. Your Kurt suffers so much I just want to cuddle him (I always keep coming back for more because while our Kurt might suffer you always seem to manage to make it better if that makes any sense). Can't wait for whatever it is you write next :)
nessyschu chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
That was really good! I liked how you portrayed Karofsky.
JustYourAverageRavenclaw chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
I like this! It's different in a good way- you hardly ever see Kurt even considering going somewhere like a gay bar, most of the time in fics he's the 'good' one, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I think you wrote this in a believable way. It made sense. Great job!
Mickeygee chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
I actually really liked this. It's an interesting take, because although this is so soon after the Kurtofsky kiss and we're all really mad, it's a great reminder that Dave's not necessarily a bad PERSON, he just makes really poor decisions. I really really liked it, although I wish I knew who the jerk was who spiked his drink. Poor thing.

I really liked it. :)
lg1514 chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
This is amazing :). I love it!
vivelabookworm chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
MY CREYS. DAVE 3333333 SO MUCH LOVE. FOR THE LOVE OF KLAINE, IF YOU TAKE THIS DOWN I WILL BE SO UPSET.