Reviews for Married in Black
The Tenth Horcrux chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Very intense, but you portrayed Bellatrix greatly. Wonderfully written, good job. :)
middleofsomewhere chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
This was different from anything I have ever read before. It isn't really my taste, but I think you wrote this beautifully. Thank you for sharing it with me! I will post what team you are on once more people have signed up
Avora SaDiablo chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
Firstly, welcome to Fanfiction Idol. Please check into the thread for Severus Snape’s comments of your story after audition entries have closed.

I am yet to read one of your stories that I have found lacking, and this certainly is a credit to your skill as an author. You’ve captured the emotion wonderfully, and done an excellent job developing Bellatrix in a different light. Whilst I admire this portrayal of Bellatrix, to me it is all the same is almost a one eighty of her personality of the books. All the same, I love it.

Excellent work, I look forward to seeing more throughout the competition.
darkwoodsdreamer chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
Holy... Shit... *applauds* this is amazing. I can just feel the energy radiating from her, the creepiness and the mental derangement that just seeps from Bellatrix. I was completely captivated. Well done, keep up the good work, and Happy writing.
CierraLuv97 chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
Whoa, this was intense, but well written. It was intricate and dark, and Bellatrix was perfect; rebellious, half-crazed, but also human. This is kind of incredible. :D
the lola chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
As you just posted this on the Fanfiction idol thread, I may or may not have been having a nose ;) I realized that I've read this, and not reviewed! Shame on me because this had such an impact, it is a really great story. I love how you did the italics, and it works really well with so much detail. This is some seriously great writing. Also I was trying to remember what the fic was that inspired me to write my Narcissa self harm piece, and now I've just found it- this was it! Sorry... I'm rambling so much on a review, but this was amazing, truly :)
Twigglet25 chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Hi I'm Hannah, one of the Iron Writer judges :)

This story was great, very dark and creepy but terrific. Your spelling and grammar were superb, I don't think I found any mistakes,the detail worked fantastically with this genre and you didn't put it to the point when I was getting bored, only to the point where the image was very clear in my mind. I love how you portray Bellatrix in your stories, how behind this cruel woman is an even worse family who shaped her for who she is. It was great seeing her vulnerability in this and I loved the idea of 'pretty' - how hers opposes what most of us what see as pretty. I can't actually think of much criticism for this - just well done :) x
Violet Scarlet Lily chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Very very nice! Chillingly creepy when she starts cutting herself! That really stuck with me! Fabulous job! :)

I also particularly enjoyed the use of the "married in black..." saying. Turning innocent sayings into something much more memorable and disturbing is alway wildly effective. And I loved how you flipped around the fact that black and blood are thugs associated with death and you made it about a wedding. All in all, very good story.
Beael chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
This is a dark story, yet it's written in the most terrific way. I've never like Bellatrix as a character and have failed to write her myself, but you manage to do it in the most splendid way. I can actually relate to her in a completely new way.

I can find no grammar mistakes (though English is my second language, so...) or anything of that sort. The story flows in a terrific way.

The part I like the most, however, is the small sentences in italics. They always fit right in, adding depth to the story. That you repeat the "Married in Black" is also a smart thing to do, and the ending is just great. Well done!
Amazon Star chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
I love your story! Good job!
The Hapless Quill chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
This piece was extremely haunting, and yet dripping with the despair and misery that I asked for. You write it beautifully; with such passion and emotion that I became breathless. Also, I loved the repetition. It added a certain dimension to the piece.

Well done, what an amazing entry!
Inkfire chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
This was...

...really good.
Greyella chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
What a character study! Poor Bella...all numb ans tragic. I quite liked this though.
obsessivegirl73 chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
That was awesome. I loved it a lot. In fact I think I'm gonna fave. :) great job! XD