Reviews for The Thorn in the Rose
LovelySocks chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
This is hands down the strangest fic I've ever read in my life. The beginning feels like a dream: nothing makes sense. The summary alone had me hooked, and the rest didn't disappoint. It's so ridicuously and obviously Dan-material. It's random and cheesy and I love it. Obviously, a TON of work went into writing this, and it's evident in the little details and corny, sarcastic phrases. Positively LOVE the "episode titles-" they're so cute. Great job!
sydneysages chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
OHMIGOD, THIS WAS AMAZINGLY HILARIOUS!

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHH

It made me laugh so much: Dan Schneider shows are just so hilariously ridiculous that I get drawn in - and this was amazing!

I loved it!

You put Molly a couple of times where I think it should have been Rose, but, yeah, I loved it and it distracted me from nothingness at like 2:30am!

Vicky xx
lowi chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
/ROFL

Okay so hi Crazz. XD first things first, I don't watch Victorius, like at /all/, but I know what's it's about and all that jazz.

SO YES THIS IS SO PERFECT AND SO RIGHT AND SO HILARIOUS.

I mean, I'm sure there are lots of internal jokes and puns I don't get, but, trust me, this is still extremely hilarious. Rose is such a Mary Sue, Hugo is...WHAT EVEN IS HE DOING? and Lily is so over the top sneaky and Lysander is so weird and James is so vain and so is Vic and Teddy can't cook. XD

It's perfect. It really is. You really know how to write humour, truly, Crazz.

Hilarious. Loved it. Love you. &hearts
lydiamaartin chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Yes, yes, I know I should have reviewed this ages ago, but you know about my window that was open for two months and all, right? ;)

BUT I REALLY DID LOVE THIS LIKE ASDFGHJKL YOU HAVE NO IDEA I WAS JUST CRACKING UP AND IT WAS LIKE ALL MY FAVORITE PAIRINGS AND EVERYTHING IS NICK-NEXT-GEN AND NOTHING HURTS :D

Rose, Rose, Rose...she was so unbelievably good as a Mary Sue parody, ahaha. You really nailed Dan's Mary Sue ways - it's not as obvious as most Mary Sue writers like to think. If this were an actual TV show, most of the audience probably wouldn't even realize Rose was a Mary Sue THAT'S HOW AWESOMELY YOU DID IT :D

And the MollyScorpius was just dfkjgdfls I LOVED IT SO MUCH AND THEY'RE NOT EVEN MY OTP LOLWHAT. I just loved how they were kind of quietly in love and then Rose comes barging in not even realizing, it made me laugh, and then they were just so cute!

And Lily! She was amazing, and I loved how she was obsessed with food - I know she's meant to be Sam, but talk about a new image of her! Normally, she's the anorexic one, which is odd / But no, I loved how and her Rose's friendship was so...normal and yet not, y'know? Like they were best friends but they were weird, in a very Dan-ish way ;)

AND BASICALLY EVERY SINGLE EPISODE IS ONE THAT I WOULD RECORD AND WATCH OVER AND OVER TO ANNOY MY FAMILY BECAUSE IT WAS BRILLIANT.

(Although, in your A/N, I should point out that it's "typical of Dan" not "stereotypical"...he's not stereotyping :P)

AWESOME JOB AND KEEP WRITING!
Skandar-Loves-Redvines chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Mad. I love you. So much.

I think the Lucy/Cat parallel was my favourite.

(watch that not even have been an intended parallel now)

But, siriusly, I can tell this took a lot of work. Me gusta mucho, bb.
LingeringLuminosity chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
I love how you are doing this, its hilarious and even though you are parodying bad writing, your good writing still some how manages to shine through it. Great work!
downstage chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
OHMYGOSH, MADLING.

THERE WERE LITERALLY TEARS IN MY EYES I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD.

OF COURSE IT DIDN'T HELP THAT I'D JUST WATCHED AN EPISODE OF VICTORIOUS AND JUST, IT WAS SO SIMILAR.

Anyway, it's hilarious. There were a few times when you said Molly instead of Rose, but other than that there weren't really any mistakes.

So now I'm shipping MollyScorpius... Is it bad that even in this story I was shipping Mollysander too? P

Um, so. Rose was an obnoxious mix between Carly and Tori- very mary sue-ish, by the way, it was almost scary.

Lucy is Cat, right?

Molly is Jade (Because they're both awesome) and Scorpius is... Beck?

Victoire seems like Trina.

And is Lily Sam's parallel? Aaaand I can't decide who Freddie is- Lorcan?
Becca Krava chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
I love this so much! You did a good job copying Dan's style.
BlueEyes444 chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
*rofl* Oh...my...gosh, Maddy. This was just priceless. XD I loved, loved, loved it. :D
justalittle l o o n y chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
OH MY GOODNESS.

So Mad, this was absolutely hilarious. I loved the little mini references to cliches and the little disgusting things you did with the plot and all the Mary-Sueness everywhere.

It was just like a Dan show. Props for that.

And then somehow within this mess, you made me like your Lysander. LOLWHAT? I swear, Madzingalingakins, you could write the worst Lysander you could think of and I'd love him. You just can't mess him up, love. ;)

So yeah, this was wonderful!

~Roma
kingslayers chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
I'm going to cry now :'(

I don't care about Tori or Carly (ick. Carly.) but I legit like Rose.

/hates no nextgens lolwhut

/hates no HP characters lolwhut (but Cho annoys me P)

I'll start off with the things I notice that you might want to fix (:

"She rolls her eyes. "Go die in a hole. Anyway, I came here to tell the two of you- Lily and Molly- that you'd better watch your backs." Molly smiles sweetly."

I think you mean Lily and /Rose/, bb ;)

&&&&

"Sighing, Rose creeps to the other side, and Molly turns over again. The system continues until finally, Molly grows sick of it and reaches to the middle of the bed, pulling a hair out of the girl's head."

I think /Rose/ is sick of it? ;)

As for the story. Well. ;)

I enjoyed this parody. I skipped some bits - nothing against your writing, just the descriptive bits ;) - but it seemed pretty much like a Nick show, so well done! ;D

I'm sad that Rose was the Mary-Sue, but I get why :)

So. Rose is a frikkin' irritating mix of Carly and Tori.

Is Lily Sam from iCarly? Or at least, her parallel? :P

She seemed quite violent, so. :P

Lucy is Cat's parallel, right? ;)

Lorcan... Freddie? I thought it was one of the twins, and Lysander seemed it at times, but then I think of Seddie and Andre and Lysander seems more like Andre. Jane doesn't know, okay, she is tired :P

Molly was Jade, riiiiight? Makes sense, as Molly's your favourite P

Scorpius was Beck's parallel? Was James the Robbie parallel? I couldn't even tell if he was a parallel but he seemed Robbie-ish at times :P

I still like this Rose better than Tori, or, Merlin forbid, Carly. Ick. I really dislike Carly.

Victoire be Trina or she just be irritating? ;)

I'm just glad thatthis is an obvious par
folie a plusieurs chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
I ship LucyLorcan and MollyScorpius and Rose needs to go die, kay?

;)

this.

you are a genius who betta write a sequal. :P

wonderful job, bb! :D