Reviews for Destiny is a Hazy Thing
bigfan22 chapter 45 . 3/27
Absolutely wonderful story. I love the time and detail you put into developing Naruto into the person he has become. His friendship with the clan heirs, his relationship with Hinata, and his "adoption" by his parents have all been incredibly original. To be honest this entire fic is just so well thought out, I really can't guess what is going to happen next. The invasion was waaaay worse than any other story I read, and I love that Shikaku got the nod over Tsunade. In this fic the last Senju is truly a pathetic person. I'm happy that the council wasn't going to force her to become Hokage. I think the only thing I regret in this fic, is that Kushina and Minato didn't get enough time to realize how royally the screwed up. Other than that small complaint, my hats off to you for writing such an outstanding story. Not only is the writing head and shoulders above most authors, but your attention to detail and originality are truly a pleasure to read. Great job so far, and I def look forward to the next update.
Deathborn chapter 44 . 2/1
I'm starting to wonder if any of Daikai's "relations" are in similar positions as his own. What of Azathoth, Shub-Niggurath, and Nyarlathotep? It would be very interesting to see them considering that, at least now, they are technically Naruto's extended family.
Mattman324 chapter 13 . 1/25
So since Naruto is Wind and Lightning, are we going to see Xiang Tou Long? Because the mixing of those two elements is totally GekiRyuJin's property.
polarpwnage chapter 45 . 1/22
Easily the best story and what Naruto should have been. What is all that sentimental blond idiot crap all the other authors write on this site?
Mattman324 chapter 28 . 1/22
Is Karen supposed to remind you of Rosamia Badam, or is that unintentional?
Ekzentric Lohner chapter 45 . 12/8/2014
I like this story and I hope you overcome your writer's block.

I hope Naruto gets an opportunity to really study the sealing arts. Reconstructing and using the Flying Thunder God technique just seems so thematically appropriate for him, what with all the hints that Weather will be one of his domains if he ascends.

The Naruto wikia says the technique was actually invented by the Nidaime, even if Minato's use of it seems more famous - could it be on the Forbidden Scroll? Back in chapter 7, the copying spell gave out just before Naruto finished scanning the seemingly-blank outside of that scroll, so there's a convenient way for him to have only part of the directions.
Phantom chapter 45 . 11/23/2014
Please update this story!
rachel.weck.5 chapter 25 . 11/8/2014
...Monty python...really?
Theralion chapter 11 . 9/17/2014
This will probably come off as a flame, but I don't care; I had to get this off my chest after reading this.

Chapter 10, in particular, contained a lot of baseless fanon, such as what happens to those who didn't pass the Genin Exam. There is no distinction between basic and elite training programs; either the students pass and are approved to work on missions under the supervision and tutelage of a Jonin instructor, or they're sent back to the academy. It's THAT simple.

The entire look at the possible future outcomes came off as blatant and gratuitous bashing of canon, particularly Naruto's parents and teachers, as well as the canon Naruto, all to seemingly demonstrate how much better Naruto is in your story as a result of not having a contrived seal that you made with no canon evidence for it, and how much better you think your story is than canon (in spite of how you turn everyone you don't like into a one-dimensional character to bash them, and make everyone else one-dimensional just because you can't write nuanced characters). Perhaps the odds are against Naruto in those situations, but most stories feature protagonists overcoming tremendous odds. I can only imagine how easily Naruto will breeze through his trials in this fanfic, since I have no desire to read on past this point.

This is not helped by how heavily the narration favors telling, rather than showing. Essentially, it's like listening to someone else summarize the story, than you telling us it yourself, which defeats the entire point of writing a fanfic.

Hinata came off as extremely OOC in her desire to learn how to kill without feeling remorse, which flies in the face of her compassionate canon nature. It's natural that she'd want to learn how to fight to protect those closest to her, but not to the point at which she'd lose her empathy and conscience in the process. You're essentially replacing the canon characters with poorly written OCs who happen to have the same name.

So, essentially, this is not so much telling a story as a way of bashing the canon Naruto, and showing us how it should be. Perhaps it pleases the readers who, for one reason or another, don't like canon Naruto, but it's not a good piece of writing by any stretch of the imagination.

The harsh but simple truth is that you are NOT a better writer than Kishimoto is, and you would be better off not trying to rewrite the series as you see fit.
CMVreud chapter 45 . 9/14/2014
Motherfuckin' Kishi-Moto!
True, Kishi killed a lot of expatations, and dreams (and the original idea of Naruto at all) but never forget: Fanfiction is the fans revenge on the creator.
While I have seen a lot of... junk, here there are these pearls of awesome that made Naruto better than the original, and your story is definitely one of those better ones, if not in (my) the TOP 10.
So, please keep up your good work, and thanks for all the fish.
Guest chapter 45 . 9/13/2014
I just wanted to say I have greatly enjoyed this story. It is one of the rare successful AU stories. It started with small changes and has grown into its own universe. I hope at some point this will be continued. Thank you for the story.
CMVreud chapter 44 . 9/13/2014
Mononoke tree ghosts, Naruto being made nobility, Hinata and her sister getting betrothed and all the other... things.
How the fu*k you're keeping track, there are that many plots and sub-plots (and sub-sub-plots)?
And for Youko being preggers...
How will the little god-spawn relate to Naruto and Hinata, but mostly Naruto?
Brothers? Step-brothers?
CMVreud chapter 41 . 9/13/2014
Studio Ghibli?
Now I just want somebody, ANYbody, to encounter Totoro.
Perhaps Hanabi?
Also, somewhen you have to write your sources down.
Most I think I identified, but there are some...
At least there are no Jusenkyo in Tsuchi, or Iwa.

Also, Ahab for the win.
CMVreud chapter 40 . 9/13/2014
Finally SOMETHING that works with Konoha.
And the F**king summons adding the cluster-f**k?
That can just go pear-shaped down the drain before it hits the fan (again).
CMVreud chapter 39 . 9/13/2014
I wonder what way Sasori will go with his art and what at all will happen with Akatsuki.
1,495 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »