Reviews for not with a bang but with a whisper
FallToPeices chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
I love this, I just love it. Within two episodes of Amy's introduction into the show I started thinking about what would happen if she met Jack. She just reminded me of him, in a way. And it always bothered me that, on the show, a strong person like Amy acted as though the Doctor was the only way that she could have adventure in her life. I think her leaving to find her own adventure is realistic. I also think that her cheating on Rory is realistic. She loves him, he loves her, and I even like his character (sometimes), but she just felt so much bigger than the life that he wanted for them as a couple.
maliaargents chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Okay, wow. This was great. I love Amy/Rory but I've always felt that, as much as Amy does love Rory, she isn't meant for the same life as him. And that's not meant in a bad way to either of them. As much as I hate the idea of Amy cheating on Rory, her sleeping with Jack seemed so realistic and true to the character. Which is just such brilliant writing because I can see it happening and I can understand it, even if not an action that I like or approve of. Amy is selfish and acts without thinking and as much as I love her, I could see this happening. I love that it was Jack and I LOVE that she went to Torchwood, rather than the Doctor coming back for her. They've both been left by the Doctor and Amy is far too independent that I would have been disappointed if she'd just gone off to hero-worship the Doctor.

Everything is so perfect in this in ways that I can't even put words to. The characterisation is WONDERFUL. Your Amy and Jack are spot on and your Rory is excellent. This bit in particular was great: "She yells, she throws things; she even beats at his chest. She does every stupid thing she can think of to get him to just leave her alone, but he never does. He just holds her while she cries and cries, like some sort of bloody idiot. He stays with her through the entire night, because he's Rory and the stupid moron refuses to leave her."

You are awesome. This is awesome. You are a god of words. Teach me your ways of talent, word-god.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
I KNEW, I JUST KNEW AT THIS: "Amy's barely twenty-one the first time she goes to Cardiff." that's she'd meet Jack. At this: ""Make that two," someone behind her says. "Hers is on me."" I knew that they'd have sex. This: "her engagement ring 'accidentally' slips off of her finger" made me hate Amy more than I already do because she's so mean to Rory.

And her and handsome ol' Jack's conversation about the Doctor made me feel sorry for them because they are kind of the two that got left behind. I feel for Jack more than Amy.

BECAUSE YOU MADE HER CHEAT ON RORY AND BREAK HIS HEART AND GO TO TORCHWOOD HOW COULD YOU? RORY. POOR RORY. Oh well at least in this there's no River Song. This was really good. You got Amy's bitterness down well. In my fanfic!head!canon, the Doctor still came back on the night before Pond's wedding and went travelling with an angry and broken hearted Rory and they became bmfl eventually :)
x-Avarice-x chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
What an interesting AU. I love it. Amy is definitely selfish enough to sleep with someone else, even if it is handsome Jack.

I vote the Doctor comes back, takes Rory instead, and then all of seasons 5 and 6 are intense bromances. Bahaha.

Anyway, this was wonderful. And wonderfully written.
Heartwing chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
This demands a sequel. Just sayin.
Laughy-Taffy the Grape chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Okay, no offense to you or anything, but I really DO NOT LIKE this version of Amy. REALLY. I mean, seriously, who likes a girl who cheats on her fiancée? Not I. This may be more, I dunno, realistic than what happens on the show (and it may even have happened, who knows), but, yeah. It seems quite well-written, but I don't like the characters. Sorry.
KendrixTermina chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Excellent. Nice characterization of Amy.

I Do feel sorry for poor little Rory, but yeah... it's about right.

It was never the pretty house with a picket fence around it for her, and it was never anything else for Rory. He certainly dialed the epicness up over time... because he had to and because he actually IS a heroic person, but you could tell that he absolutely hated his time on the TARDIS...

The idea of Jack and Amy... Well, her "flirty" sort of personality *would* fit well with the TORCHWOOD team. I'm usually not a fan of crack pairings, but this was done too artfully for that to be a detractor.