Reviews for Out by the School Yard
anon chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
Well I have to say I'm heartbroken. The way you told the story was amazing and I couldn't help but feel warm and happy as the story unfolded but towards the end... It was extremely sad although I think a little bit more insight on Iruka died would have been great but either way it was beautifully written.
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
I enjoyed this story, seeing how Iruka and Naruto's relationship evolved over the years. That final snippet felt a little abrupt to me (we know Iruka died, but not how/why), but otherwise I liked your pacing of the story.
mariforalltmnteterna chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
Cute !
loveinuyashatoshiro chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
asshole you killed iruka
Maybe2Morrow chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
You make me laugh then cry! Why must you make me cry! I say that but I love sad stories... but I hate being sad... does that mean I contradict myself? lol anyway this was a lovely story. It took a bit for me to get used to the idea of Iruka and Naruto but I did :D (it might be because I think of Iruka as Naruto's father figure). But what happened? Where was Iruka? Why did he have to go where he went? Was Naruto in trouble so he went to save him? AHH
xBunni chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
This is beautiful, definitely one of the best oneshots in this fandom. Only reason I'm resisting the "add to favourites" button is because the ending was so sad. But I also know that without that ending, this oneshot just wouldn't feel complete. Thank you.
Mantinas chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Wow...I'm crying. That's something to be proud of, I never cry! This is great.
ArlecchiNin chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
That was so beautifully sad!

To be frank with you, I've never read a NarutoxIruka story before. I just was really curious about it because I truly love the imagery you use to put your narratives together.

Onto the story, I loved the image of the swing. Swings should be for all ages -I've always loved the swings since I was a kid and even now when I'm already a 22 year-old tweenager.

As I was saying, I loved the story's progression told through the swing scene. How it began, developed and ended: Nobody, Sakura, Sasuke, Him, Nobody.

All in all, the story is great and so beautifully sad. Poor Naruto, I hope he'll be able to find someone who will comfort him this time since the one who loved him for starters is so out of reach now.

Keep the writings up, Lovely Spell!

Take care,