Reviews for For People and Things
Puggle chapter 3 . 1/19
Yet another fantastic piece
librarywitch chapter 3 . 10/28/2013
That was cute. Sherlock should have been wearing something green to match how jealous he was. Well done.
Kazuki Landen chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Oh, I love this chapter, you write Sherlock brilliantly. The first scene made my stomach flip with sympathy for them both, I love the image of Sherlock creeping down the stairs afterwards.
forgetmenotjimmy chapter 3 . 5/5/2012
N'awww, so cute! Love these two, bravo!

:D
Hughesish chapter 3 . 3/26/2012
Really well done!
raven612 chapter 3 . 11/13/2011
It's like you're psychic and know exactly what my little fangirl self loves and you write it out so well. I love how you have Sherlock and John, it is my most favorite way to have them; Sherlock all obsessive, jealous, possessive, and loving of John and John being cool headed and completely devoted to Sherlock. You are utter amazing brilliantness! I love it! I am currently working on reading through all of your amazing stories because I cannot get enough!
Azamiko chapter 3 . 10/25/2011
Mmm...I think I'd be uncomfortable with a partner getting comments on our relationship from a former beau.
Lolita-mist chapter 3 . 10/12/2011
I love you guys too! lol, I'm terribly sorry for not being able to review since the beginning seeing that I've just got back from a visit to my family in hell. Literally. anyway, I shall try to review every chapter from now on! hihi, update soon? Please?
HOS70 chapter 3 . 10/5/2011
I like your Phillip and indeed, I wouldn't mind if he'd pop up again elsewhere. What a clever guy, starting off their meeting by clearly rescinding any claim he may have had, and returning the dog tags to John, thereby making a definite statement for Sherlock's benefit. Also, Phillip showing interest in Sherlock's work before ever launching into a catching-up session with John was getting on Sherlock's sweet side real skilfully. I should have known that even a young John wouldn't have shacked up with a stupid, unpleasant kind of guy and I'm glad Phillip turned out to be a good one. Between quite liking Phillip and having gained from John's behaviour during the meeting that John has no undue interest in his former lover in that way whatsoever, Sherlock should be able to drop his jealousy. Then again, knowing him, he probably never will :-).
sycamoretree chapter 3 . 10/5/2011
Wow. For a moment I didn't see that this was the final chapter so I thought the fic would continue with Phillip coming on to Sherlock, ha ha. But maybe he was just amazed at the detective's skills, I know I would be. Great twist with the mirror. And at the end everything settles down, as they go to bed and I'm left with a calm and content smile. Well done.
ScopesMonkey chapter 3 . 10/4/2011
Ah, Phillip. No matter what, I like him. And he did precisely the right thing by totally flattering Sherlock and making him feel clever and important! So... Phillip is a lot smarter than he lets on, eh? hee hee. Well done, I'm glad Sherlock was able to be pleasantly surprised by him. Of course John wouldn't choose idiots (well, Bella aside, but y'know, he was young and it's not his fault she was stupid! ;) I'm glad Sherlock was able to really see that there's no hint of anything going on - after all, it was almost 20 years ago!

I love that Phillip hands over John's old dog tags without any real thought. I think it's so perfect given how worked up Sherlock was about it and Phillip doesn't even really care. It was just "oh, I found these, here you go" and Sherlock was ascribing so much more to the fact that Phillip had them! A perfect example of jealousy blowing things out of proportion, Sherlock. Take note!

Again, another great story! Whoo! What next? oh, I know what next! yay! ;)
MrsCumberbatch chapter 3 . 10/4/2011
Hello! Glad you updated. I know I review before and I told you I didn't like Phillip, but he haven't been so bad as I first thought. Even Sherlock found him 'tolerable' haha. Maybe he's not that bad but.. We will never know. The restaurant moment when they laughed and Sherlock didn't understand why.. Poor man, I could imagine his face! Haha! OK, what will happen now to our lovely couple? Agh, I was forgetting Kenneth! Are they going to meet him? Can't wait to see what happen next! Well done(:
mattsloved1 chapter 3 . 10/4/2011
Very nice. There is a part of you that wants to dislike Phillip, but it's just impossible. After all, John has good taste in men. Thanks for this lovely fic. It was a pleasure to read. :D
Jodi2011 chapter 3 . 10/4/2011
What are you doing to me? Gotta love ypur John, but I always love John :)

But you also make me love your Sherlock and even make me think he would be a cool guy to hang out with. Whereas BBC Sherlock I have no interest in meeting as find him a little too cold and too sherply cruel. But love your Sherlock and love Phillip and love your fic.

Don't know what you have planned for this story, but am sure I will love it anyway. More please :)
HOS70 chapter 2 . 10/3/2011
I really, really enjoyed this chapter! Some light relief at the beginning with Mrs Hudson worrying about Sherlock cleaning and cooking; then your (hopefully truthful) reassurance that Phillip is actually in a happy relationship and isn't trying to get his claws back on John. I'm glad, because I thought back in Will The Wind, that I would quite like that guy.

Argh, poor John, returning home to THAT smell. You did a great job describing him trying not to be sick. Sherlock's garlic error was brilliant, simply genius (on your behalf, not his). And then you're launching into that excellent conversation between the two lads or well, rather John's monologue of sorts. He's just a pure saint, isn't he? I love it how he puts his foot down yet reassures Sherlock of his love for him.

"Is that the Facebook account that you created for me that I don't know the password for because you won't tell me what it is? [...] I certainly hope that I'm smart enough to tell my potential lovers not to contact me through the social media accounts that my husband controls." Oh, very good indeed!

"I'd rather have the experiments that end with me in stitches than none at all because the experiments are a part of you. [...] I'm honoured to be the one person that the great Sherlock Holmes can stand to be around for more than an hour. I'm proud to be loved by you. I will never cheat on you. I will never leave you." Aw, these are just SUCH lovely statements!

I'm glad the lads made up so quickly. Will you give us the dinner meeting with Phillip? I'll love you even more if you do... :-)