Reviews for Brought Up That Way
luvtheheaven chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Wow. I never heard this Taylor Swift song before, and I'm kinda a big TS fan! But now, aw wow I love the story told in this song and how you didn't shy away from changing the gender and made a songfic about a father and son instead of father and daughter about it.

Poor Kurt... I love Burt... you did this SO well. I will say I don't quite like you having Kurt - when he's already 16 years old or whatever - like in the previous Burt/Kurt fic of yours I read or in this one - call Burt "Daddy" - there are a lot of Burt & Kurt scenes on the show and I'm fairly certain Kurt's never called him "Daddy", just "Dad", so it's out of character. Just saying... :P

Other than that though... I mean wow.

I will say, if I was your beta, I would have recommended not using "The road is all icy." and then "icily" as an adverb like 1 sentence later lol...

"I won't be easy, taking him today," Finn says suddenly.

What? I'm truly confused by that part of your fic. Did you mean to say something else?

I do love you naming Kurt's mom "Mandy" - Mandy & Burt have a nice ring as a couple name to me.

All in all, *really* lovely song fic. This was great.
Lil chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Nice work! Song fics are tricky.
Patricia Sage chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
:) Great job. So good.
ZaylaCooper chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
This is so sweet great job.
KissTheBoy7 chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Oh, this is SO sweet! (I should be doing homework but instead I read this... Was worth it) I love it! Even with the absence of Klaine :( Anyways, I loved it! The song choice and everything was just PERFECT. Keep writing! :)

~ Angie