Reviews for And Then There Was Light
CausalityRules chapter 23 . 7/4/2013
This story was absolutely breathtaking. I have been reading fanfic of all sorts for going on 20 years now. I can't remember a single time I was so immersed and moved by one. This read like a professional novel. You should absolutely follow your dreams to become published - you have an amazing gift. I could not put it down, and when I had to, I couldn't stop thinking about it. A beautiful character study and a brilliant story. I hope when you do get published someday, you'll let all your fanfic fans know!
Katla chapter 23 . 6/28/2013
Since I've been rewatching Lois and Clark, I decided to check out some of your L&C stories since I love your other work so much... and I read this. This is one of the few times when I've been utterly captivated and immersed by a fanfic. It was gorgeously written and emotionally powerful. I felt like I was fully immersed in the world you created every time I came back to read another chapter. It was a beautiful world, full of color and warmth and light, but also breathtaking pain. I was hurting for Clark during all those scenes of Lois and the clone - my heart ACHED for him!
The beautiful scenes between Lois and Clark were glorious. You once again revealed a talent for exploring, understanding, and communicating who the characters are and what they think and feel in your writing. I also loved the way you took so many story points from the show and wove them into a genuinely interesting and emotionally compelling AU.
You cut me deep in this! So much emotion and beauty! I loved this so much... it's going on my favorites list, and I'll remember it fondly as one of the best fanfics I've ever read. I can't wait to read what you'll come out with next... after reading this, my only dilemma is whether I'd be more excited for a L&C story or a OUAT story! ;) lol
queerpoet chapter 23 . 5/28/2013
What a wonderful, tremendous, beautiful story. I especially enjoyed how Superman wasn't at the forefront of this one. I think it was much more interesting and powerful to explore Clark as a man, and how the loss of his powers affected his relationship with Lois.

I also loved the tightness of Lois' POV, and her gradually realizing her feelings for Clark.

A well-deserved Kern winner. Off to read more of your work now.
Me chapter 23 . 4/30/2013
Wow this story is breathtaking. No words can describe. If only I had someone like Clark in my life. Even better if he had superpowers like Superman.
Guest chapter 23 . 4/20/2013
This is an amazing story! I loved it, now I'm so sad it's over... Please write more with the same length
mercury chapter 23 . 4/15/2013
That may just be the most impressive story I've ever read. Just wow. Thanks!
Alysia Of The Pen chapter 23 . 4/14/2013
So this story has been my life for the last 24 hours. It was always interesting, always breathtaking, always painful, and always beautiful to read. I could see it so clearly in my mind's eye. It was so easy to see this as an alternate episode - the characterization is simply perfect, even for the poor clone. I should add that this fic devastated me a little, because for some reason I thought I'd reached the end when I finished chapter 21. Then I went back because something was nagging at me, and that delay made the last two chapter EVEN BETTER. This is the way I want to write. This is breathtaking. I've been reading all the LnC fics I can find, and favoriting probably-way-too-many of them. But I can honestly tell you: this is the best one I've found out of the whole fandom. Thank you for writing this.
thaliagrace21 chapter 23 . 3/25/2013
Awesome! Post this in superman, ull get lots more revs
BoothBrennanNCIS chapter 23 . 12/17/2012
Absolutely amazing. I was hooked from the beginning. I kept praying that lois would finally realise the truth and she did. Yay.
sannipan chapter 23 . 9/3/2012
W-o-w! (imagine hearing three syllables when you read it) I am obliged to tell you that I let a lot of my normal daily routines slip while "having" to read this amazing piece of fiction. I found myself reading 'til around 1.30am each night, getting up at 6am, skipping breakfast, going to work, making unnecessary walks to the toilet or coffee machine to be able to get my cell out of my pocket to just read one or two sentences, failing to do my after work studying, just to find myself reading until 1.30am again. I think it's safe to say that it will take a while for the bags under my eyes to vanish completely, now I have to make up for the time I lost while reading to get my chores done... So, thank you for taking all of my time and sleep! It was just wonderful. I sincerely hope you haven't written any other Lois and Clark fics, or at least that I don't find out about them before I have studied for my exam this Friday!;) xoxo
SakuraRose14 chapter 5 . 8/25/2012
What have you done to my Clark?!
yenyen76 chapter 23 . 6/21/2012
Awesome take on what if. Loved it.
Ace of Gallifrey chapter 23 . 6/12/2012
This is a beautiful piece. It consumed my life for a good two days and I must confess, rendered me incapable of thinking of anything else for most of that time. Your prose is just poetic enough to be beautiful, but not so florid as to be cloying or dense; your story is a compelling blend of story elements from the series, cunningly twisted just so to create a far more engaging unspool of the Luthor empire than we were given in-series; your Lois is impeccably written and incredibly true to the Hatcher Lois, and your Clark... well, even through the lens of Lois's misconceptions, he still shines as the Clark we know and love. Bravo.
Sorkin's Gal Friday chapter 23 . 4/19/2012
Wow! I just finished reading this entire story. I'm sorry I didn't review each and every chapter, but it was so wonderful that I just wanted to keep reading.

What a journey you took us on! All of the emotional ups and downs; it was really powerful. I loved the way you incorporated elements from later episodes/seasons into this story, as if to say that Lois and Clark are fundamentally the same people, even when the timeline is a little different.

The big reveal was perfectly timed. It never felt too dragged out. It remained interesting right up until the actual moment. Perfect.

Finally, I just want to say that you have a marvelous writing style. The imagery in your words is so vivid and almost poetic. I could see all of the action clearly, but you also used amazing metaphorical language to convey what Lois was thinking and feeling through all of this. Bravo!
hayley chapter 12 . 1/24/2012
I just can't comprehend and put into complimentary words how amazing this story was! It was actually perfect, absolutely amazing and exactly the type of story I was searching for. There was a perfect mixture of every genre; mystery, action, romance and suspense and your writing was so enjoyable, it completely captivated me.I couldn't fault it at all. You were so convincing, for a few seconds (actually minutes) you had me totally convinced that Clark Kent and Superman were actually two different people - to make me doubt something that I obviously knew was true, makes you a very talented writer. Your representations of the characters were also spot on, Jimmy, Clark, Lois and everyone else, I could actually picture them saying that. Reading Lois' POV was also really interesting and it was so so great to get into her mind. I loved the love story as well, hidden there under all the mystery, it was a sweet touch and perfectly done. I also loved how she came to the conclusion that Clark and Superman were brothers - I wanted to smack her and laugh at the same time, but it was nice to read something where Lois didn't come to that supposedly unbelievable conclusion immediately. If you haven't already guessed, this is one of my favourite stories in fanfiction, out of every others I've read, and I've read a few, trust me. This deserves so many reviews