Reviews for We Do the Best We Can
Godiva9 chapter 6 . 5/4/2015
A brilliant story, thank you for writing and sharing! : )
Esin of Sardis chapter 6 . 9/6/2013
Good job with this story. It was lovely to read and you did a really good job with pacing and writing. :D
esin of sardis
Esin of Sardis chapter 5 . 9/6/2013
Love Martha. She's so strong, so awesome. I'm freaking out over Rose and Tony, but I trust Martha and the Doctor. This can't end that badly!
Esin of Sardis chapter 4 . 9/6/2013
You can do it Doctor! And Martha's awesome here too. I love that she's in this story, even if it's a parallel her. Don't want them all to die!
Esin of Sardis chapter 3 . 9/5/2013
Love seeing Martha not-Jones. It will be fun indeed to have her around. Rose's fake story is funny too. Love her and the Doctor's date.
And poor Joshua. I liked him. :'( Though it is mysterious...
Esin of Sardis chapter 2 . 9/5/2013
Lots of development in this chapter. Good, good. Like the little bit of adventure, though I'm hoping not too much of that, but a little is good. And this will be interesting with Martha... if it is Martha, that is.
Esin of Sardis chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
Great mix of family humor and fluff and angst here. Really enjoying it so far! And I'm very intrigued by all this time in the Void... I've never seen that before (but then again this is only my second Doctor Who fanfic...)
The White Leopard chapter 6 . 2/3/2012
That was a lovely story, especially for a first effort. I've just started reading Doctor Who fanfiction, myself, so seeing takes on how things happen for Rose and the duplicate is especially fascinating for me. I would not be the least surprised if he ended up in Torchwood, despite his initial reservations. It was also interesting to see his life with Rose threatened so soon after coming to that universe.

As far as constructive criticism, my only real observation is that the duplicate in cannon did not seem quite as wise or restrained as the original. Plus, he had just committed genocide. Not to mention that little bit of human in him. Add all of that up, and I think that you would get someone a little...wilder or less cautious than the Doctor that you wrote here, who seems much more like the original Doctor. In other words, I think you could have played more with his slightly altered persona. While he is still the Doctor, even the 10th Doctor, he is also someone new.

Anyway, I really enjoyed your story and look forward to reading more of your work.
MaddAlice chapter 6 . 2/1/2012
A simply wonderful story, can't wait to read the next one!
BeshterAngelus chapter 6 . 1/13/2012

My one did he cure it! I'm hopelessly curious now.

I appreciate how you've treated this doctor. I am glad you haven't forgotten he's still a Time Lord, even if he is part human. And I adore Martha in this story, it was perfect. Very, very brilliant.
scifigeekgirl chapter 6 . 11/20/2011
I just caught up with this one which I started a few weeks ago. I re-read the first couple chapts (which I enjoyed earlier) and then all the way through and I just loved it! I love your characterization of Rose and TenII as well as your whole Torchwood Team. You have a great chemistry going and I'm looking forward to catching up on the other two stories in this series.
Starmaster10 chapter 6 . 11/12/2011
Good story. Love how you put Martha in it. So many people hate her and only look at how she had a crush on the Doctor, when really she was brilliant. This is defintiely a favorite.
OtherMeWriter chapter 6 . 11/1/2011
Fantastic! Not sure how the Doctor pulled it off to find the cure but I am VERY glad he did.
OtherMeWriter chapter 5 . 11/1/2011
Oh Martha your Brilliant! Doctor you SO have to fix this!
OtherMeWriter chapter 4 . 11/1/2011
Oh so unfair! They just got each other back! runs for next chapter.