Reviews for IT WAS YOUR VOICE
Cassandra-The Seer chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
...And I'm back! (But that's the last one for me today[it's to late]
How can I compliment you? I mean... I always said "great" and it is, don't worry... but I like to say something different.
I can get into the story it's canon and just simply well written. So I don't know how you do it, but you're doing it right ;D
Sam and Dean, they had a hard time... and that metapher with Sam and the car... I just want to hug them. But at least they have each other. They can help themselves.
Cas-The Seer
Esstell chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Awesome 3
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
*I could feel his vulnerability seeping through my fingertips along with his blood.*

Lines like this slay me. Beautiful yet a tragic straightforward type of juxtaposition beauty, ya know, the same way a rose feels velvet and mud feels velvety, but when you throw the two together like *a rose trampled in mud*, the imagery becomes something entirely different and completely vivid and alive.

In your sentence above all the words are just words. Vulnerability. Fingertips. Blood. Until you string them together in that certain Karen way and that short simple sentence soars into an image of Dean desperately trying to keep Sam together both inside and out while he flows through his fingers. Wah.

You do this all the time, which is one of the reasons I love your writing. I'm not even sure you yourself get just how profound and not over the top your style of writing is. Can't get enough.
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Absolutely right.
Wallflowergirl chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Ah, Sam *sniffle*... so broken and hurt. And Dean, so helpless to do anything for him but be there... but that's all Sam really needs from him right now. Thanks for filling in that gap in the scene(that the show could have done so nicely but didn't - thank goodness for fanfic!).
Giacinta2 chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
All my reviews lately seem to be similar because there are only so many words that can describe the wonderful tags being written for the start of this season, and yours is surely included among them.

"And I'm going to keep calling you Sam, until my dying breath, I'll keep calling you. And you,bitch...you better friggin' come every time I do! Just keep showing up,bro, and I'll take care of the rest. I swear."

Oh Dean, Oh Sammy, my cup runneth over with brotherly love:)

I still don't understand why the story of these two brothers touches me so much but I love it.

Keep these lovely stories about our favourite tangled-up. loving, unique brothers coming.

I've stocked up on tears and hankies:-)
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
This was incredible, as usual...the emotion and imagery was stunning, so much so that I could feel and see and hear everything as if I was right there. It seriously astounds me, how in-character your dialogue is. Everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) Dean said was EXACTLY something he'd say. It's like you heard his voice and transcribed it into a fic. So perfect.

Fave lines:

"Winchester's wobble and they do fall down." ...Made me laugh, which was impressive considering that at the moment, my heart was breaking for Sammy and Dean.

"I tried to smile but really only wanted to cry." ...Beautiful phrasing, so simple and clear and heartbreaking. Loved it.

"And I'm going to keep calling you, Sam, until my dying breath, I'll keep calling you. And you, bitch… you better friggin' come every time I do! Just keep showing up, bro, and I'll take care of the rest. I swear." ...*dies*...perfection in every way, and an amazing way to end this fabulous fic!

AWESOME work, Karen! Fantastic writing! :D
LaylaBinx chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
AHHHHHH! *le sob!* This was so amazing! I haven't gotten to watch any of the new season yet (damn college! .) but I have it recorded so one day I'll catch up lol! Great story as always my love! :D
deanssammy chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
*sniff* OMG that almost made i love it.
kiwimoonelmo chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
Nice,very
Dani chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
nice fit in well with the rest of the show. Nice turmoil in Dean's mind. Liked it.
ParzivalHallows chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
The 'bitch' part really got me! O.O I loved this story so much!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
Awesome tag Karen and loved this line - I could feel his vulnerability seeping through my fingertips along with his blood. Just wish we could have seen this on the show. Just totally Dean that he is not going to give up on his brother and do whatever he can to get him through this and loved that Dean's voice broke through the hell that Sam was in, if only for a little while. If anyone can get Sam through this it is Dean, though it's going to be a difficult ride for them this season with the burdens both are carrying - and the fight against the Leviathans which, at the moment, seem to hold all the cards.
Jane88 chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
"I heard you," Sam slurred, "It was your voice. Calling me." A soft puff of air left his mouth, "And I…and I came."

Aaawh, a tear came to my eye too... That was beautiful and sad at the same time. Loved it, thanks Karen!
Cornish Rhapsody chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
This was really sweet. I really wish they'd shown a scene like this in the show. loved big brother Dean caring for Sammy. Thanks for sharing!