Reviews for The Unbearable Solemnity of Being Fifteen
ErmacTT chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
masterfully written.

hnnagh.
RebellaGrayson chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Loved, loved, loved, loved, loved, loved, loved, loved, loved, loved this. It was really funny and cutesy. (Not in a bad way.[Some people would take this as an insult]) Did I mention that I loved this? Because I did.
Belladonna Kyle chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
This is really good. I loved the style and setting and all the DC Comics mythology gags. I also loved the brackets. I can't help but think that Beast Boy and Robin get along better then most people think, could just be me though. Great job!
Star of Airdrie chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
I know I wrote a review. Really. Sincerely. Anyway, that darn elusive 'Submit' button. It's a sneaky one.

A wonderful first RobStar effort.

I love AU's, nice to see one, especially on that kept so true to the cartoon personalities. I translated the German - sneaky you, appealing to my German AND Scot heritage (Good Lord, are you stalking me?) Kidding - or is it a nod to Gorkapipes?

Loved Dick's self awareness and awkwardness and the kiss was perfect for the piece and for them.

Great job!

Thank you for entering!

Airdrie
Ravy-rah chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
So so so very entertaining and memorable! I loved Dick's body parts speaking. It cracked me up.

This whole story was written so accurately and realistically (I mean really, whose first kiss is perfect? Well, mine was...but still...in GENERAL...)

It was hilarious, and I am so glad you wrote it! Now I'm off to read everything else you've written!
escaperealityforawhile chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Everything about this was amazing and perfect and beautiful and well written and clever and creative and awesome. I really like your writing style, not to mention your humor. The ending was absolutely adorable, Gar's relationship with Terra was hilarious, and Raven was mysteriously non-existent (which isn't really a problem I guess because this was about Starfire and Robin's first kiss.) Oh! And the kiss- such a good idea! I like how you didn't go for a first date type of thing, you made the kiss real, and the story being AU was really smart, too. Richard's personality, thoughts, and actions were perfect! 3 This was just an amazing piece. I know you wrote it for the one shot challenge, and I hope you win, but you should really consider adding more, writing a chapter story, or even more one shots! Who knows? Maybe you can be the next Krylla Orchid!
Chai-Tea chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
Ah! They so cute! Well done, it's nice to see you breaking out of your shell character wise.
PanemNCircenses chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Very very cute :)
Kryalla Orchid chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Teenage awkwardness at its absolute best!

This was fantastic, Dick’s internal monologue, I was giggling and chuckling the whole way through. Especially with the sound effects. And Dick’s body parts responding.

Y’know, I love that their first kiss wasn’t at all romantic and flashy, there’s no declarations of wuv, tru wuuuuuv, and they weren’t even terribly good at it. Comes with first kiss territory.

You captured them in an AU setting perfectly, they still felt like their cartoon counterparts. I love the inclusion of teenage boydom too, and the fact that they title their moments (Victor’s Karen Looked At Me In The Cafeteria), makes it sound so more real and teenager-y.

I want to bottle your sense of humour please.

Oh, oh, and oh! I just found out what Dick actually said in German. Oh, that’s impressive, he should so use that line!

Even though you don’t often write Dick/Kory as main characters, it’s obvious you still understand them so well. I loved the throwbacks to Dick being an acrobat and the references you included in regards to that.

Thanks so much for entering!

Cheers