Reviews for Momma Threadgoode
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 11/14
Momma Threadgoode was such a mother hen, and you do a great job of capturing that and exploring her character here. I love that the line "Mostly, though, she just knew her daughter" and how she hopes that Idgie doesn't mistake her relationship with Eva for love; that's the sort of maternal intuition and concern that fits her perfectly. I also love how, like Fannie Flagg was in the book, you're a little vague here: the exact nature of Eva and Idgie's relationship.

I get that this is probably supposed to be more of a character study than an actual story, but I do wish that there was a little more in the way of showing, not telling. There are a lot of opportunities for Momma Threadgoode to remember more specific events: "Idgie had been a loner" could lead into one specifically sad/drastic thing that Idgie did after Buddy's death, and in "the moment she met Ruth," I really expected too see a glimpse of their first meeting through Momma's eye-view. Having been married to Poppa for so long, she must know a thing or two about how to make a marriage last, and that's why she recognizes that Idgie and Ruth are a good match. I do enjoy this story a lot as is, but I think that a few more show-not-tells could add so much to it, which in turn would add to Ruth and Idgie.
MelovePezberry chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
My older cuz Kutee is right you should write a fic longer than this I would enjoy it.
kutee chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
I like your stories about FGT wish you could turn one of them in to more than a one-shot. :D