Reviews for On Truths and Lies
Great
RoseyDevlin chapter 3 . 5/11
I like it :) Karin realized that she can't get everything she wants but idk about the world part, seems another impossible dream for her o.O tho i loved to see SasuSaku from another person perspective, its always fun to read them :)
RoseyDevlin chapter 1 . 5/11
Wow i love it so far, even tho im not a big fan of Karin i do like seeing her point of view regarding Sasuke and Sakura :)
Going Merry chapter 3 . 4/4
Hello,

I'm really glad I stumbled onto this. The part in Chapter 1 when Sakura grumbles about Naruto and this chapter when they were talking to Jiraiya showed how Karin didn't know much about Sasuke at all. She didn't know his past, Sasuke was someone she met through work or that line of things, not someone with whom she had met from a more personal background. That felt realistic. Also, I liked how Karin, while mentally being slightly cringe-worthy at times, didn't have an outburst. I was proud of Karin. She was vulnerable at times (like when she was eavesdropping, and was caught, or was following them)- I was scared for her, that she would embarrass herself, but no, she showed her vulnerability and humanity (when her eyes widened) but acted admirably (no confrontation or whining). Even though she did make several presumptive statements mentally, well, we all do that, don't we. I liked that touch of realism. Mm I also liked how Japan wasn't the world here, and leaving doesn't feel like an escape from where things are happening (as it often seems in mangas, because of the focus on the main characters), but an act of going out into a bigger world, being a pioneer, which has something admirable about it. I liked Karin here.
I also liked how Sasuke wasn't evil to Karin. It was always a working relationship for him, and whether or not he was aware of Karin's misunderstanding, I liked that he didn't sneer at her or say mean things.
Lastly, I liked how Sakura could wear combat boots and do meaningful work and also be pretty. She's a bit like the all-rounders we know who somehow are good at everything, and are nice people to boot, but I liked how she wasn't soppy. Even her decision to stay permanently in Japan's labs was understandable and respectable because one can understand someone choosing for love, and it's not something that's less worthy than saving the world. It's a more personal decision one can understand.

Yeah a little poorly phrased, but I liked your story and characters! Thank you for writing it :)
anon chapter 3 . 2/11
ah damn. I lost count how many times I read this over and again.
I just like the idea that she's not a sore loser, and the third person perspective here is fucken brilliant.
sak-urra21 chapter 3 . 2/4
I love this story, it's presented in a very sophisticated manner. Karin's portrayed as the bad one too often, i love stories where she's just another person with her own feelings too. love sasusaku 3
not.so.infinity chapter 3 . 1/3
She wants the world ,?
She took 5 freaking minutes for just a few effin sentences. ! Haha pleeeaaase.
I don't like her, despite her being an uzumaki.
Ugh.
Sasusaku shipper forever xD
Very, very nice story by the way!
Keep up ! God bless :)
Watermellow chapter 3 . 4/23/2014
Karin does deserve better.
24AbbyS chapter 3 . 3/4/2014
That was brilliant. A story that's actually quite an enjoyable read.
I don't necessarily HATE Karin, but I dislike her to a certain point. I seriously despise how Karin is always portrayed as a sassy, snobby, stuck up, etc. banshee. There is some good in her soul...So im happy. You made her more than just a Sasuke-obsessed 2D character. Also the SasuSaku was so cute. A little cliche, but still so KAWAII! :3
Harlequin's Vault chapter 3 . 3/2/2014
I don't like Karin haha, but i don't actually hate her. That was a very realistic portrayal and as much as I like Karin-bashing, that really sucked for her haha. But Sasuke and Sakura... just perfect!
justreviewing chapter 3 . 2/19/2014
can you now PLEASE take over kishimoto's job? the guy doesn't know how to fucking develop a decent character that's not obsessed over some single-minded shit.
sakura.souen chapter 3 . 2/5/2014
oh i really liked this story! but it would of been better if it was longer... i'm so re-reading it!
AnonymousEmotions chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
I love this fanfiction I keep reading it over and over!
mentalmystics chapter 3 . 7/30/2013
That was amazing. Completely original. I hate how Karin's character is always completely butchered by some writers. You made her more than just a Sasuke-obsessed 2D character. Also the SasuSaku was so cute 3
ChibiCHICKENluver chapter 3 . 7/25/2013
i have almost an irrational dislike for Karin - it makes no sense to me, because of all the characters in the naruto world, i can relate to Karin the most - but i loved this.
I think it's because i've been a sakura-supporter since day 1, and an even bigger SasuSaku shipper, and Karin came out of no where with her love for Sasuke and I don't know, something about her always irritated me, but i very much like her in this fic. (i mean, as much as i can like karin.)
the SasuSaku was beautiful, and fics where Karin thinks there's no one else in Sasuke's life but her and then Sakura comes back and proves her wrong make me smile (and here i was trying to be civil about my dislike for her)
anyway, this was fantastic and i loved it.
favorited for surrrrre.