Reviews for On Truths and Lies
jejeaza chapter 3 . 8/4
This was such a great story. I really enjoyed how you wrote Karin. You wrote her humorously like how she is shown in the manga but you still made her seem relatable and realistic. So great great job! I really enjoyed it and I loved the ending as well!
Redilicious chapter 3 . 7/27
I wasn't expecting for some Suigetsu sudden entrance into the picture, but if I were to be honest, I actually had hoped for it to come. This was great, anyway. Have you ever considered a sequel, or something?
FireWater0712 chapter 3 . 7/25
Nice story! please make a part two, I can't wait to see what happened and what would happen with SasuSaku!
The Ram Princess chapter 3 . 6/6
I love this! Can this be a prequel to an actual story? Write about what Sakura's experiences away from friends and Sasuke and how she feels about him. You can write about Sasuke's life without her the past 5 years and his feelings towards Sakura and the conflicts of their relationship.
unsedated chapter 3 . 2/21
This is just amazing. I like the image of Karin's dreams breaking, of Sakura's compassion for medicine, and Sasuke's desperate need for Sakura to stay. One of my all time favorites. Good job!
I actually felt really bad for Karin, so this is really well written.
Guest chapter 3 . 8/24/2015
Sorry karin, but sasusaku forever! They were meant for each other!
little miss jolie chapter 3 . 7/4/2015
aww i really like this ending
how like she comes to that realization and is at peace
little miss jolie chapter 1 . 7/4/2015
aw... poor karin
i know dat feel
but SASUSAKU IS STILL SUPER KAWAII AND MY OTP
Guest chapter 3 . 6/23/2015
Great
RoseyDevlin chapter 3 . 5/11/2015
I like it :) Karin realized that she can't get everything she wants but idk about the world part, seems another impossible dream for her o.O tho i loved to see SasuSaku from another person perspective, its always fun to read them :)
RoseyDevlin chapter 1 . 5/11/2015
Wow i love it so far, even tho im not a big fan of Karin i do like seeing her point of view regarding Sasuke and Sakura :)
Going Merry chapter 3 . 4/4/2015
Hello,

I'm really glad I stumbled onto this. The part in Chapter 1 when Sakura grumbles about Naruto and this chapter when they were talking to Jiraiya showed how Karin didn't know much about Sasuke at all. She didn't know his past, Sasuke was someone she met through work or that line of things, not someone with whom she had met from a more personal background. That felt realistic. Also, I liked how Karin, while mentally being slightly cringe-worthy at times, didn't have an outburst. I was proud of Karin. She was vulnerable at times (like when she was eavesdropping, and was caught, or was following them)- I was scared for her, that she would embarrass herself, but no, she showed her vulnerability and humanity (when her eyes widened) but acted admirably (no confrontation or whining). Even though she did make several presumptive statements mentally, well, we all do that, don't we. I liked that touch of realism. Mm I also liked how Japan wasn't the world here, and leaving doesn't feel like an escape from where things are happening (as it often seems in mangas, because of the focus on the main characters), but an act of going out into a bigger world, being a pioneer, which has something admirable about it. I liked Karin here.
I also liked how Sasuke wasn't evil to Karin. It was always a working relationship for him, and whether or not he was aware of Karin's misunderstanding, I liked that he didn't sneer at her or say mean things.
Lastly, I liked how Sakura could wear combat boots and do meaningful work and also be pretty. She's a bit like the all-rounders we know who somehow are good at everything, and are nice people to boot, but I liked how she wasn't soppy. Even her decision to stay permanently in Japan's labs was understandable and respectable because one can understand someone choosing for love, and it's not something that's less worthy than saving the world. It's a more personal decision one can understand.

Yeah a little poorly phrased, but I liked your story and characters! Thank you for writing it :)
anon chapter 3 . 2/11/2015
ah damn. I lost count how many times I read this over and again.
I just like the idea that she's not a sore loser, and the third person perspective here is fucken brilliant.
sak-urra21 chapter 3 . 2/4/2015
I love this story, it's presented in a very sophisticated manner. Karin's portrayed as the bad one too often, i love stories where she's just another person with her own feelings too. love sasusaku 3