Reviews for Harrowing
melgonzo chapter 33 . 11/17/2011
Loved this update and can't wait for the next!
Suilven chapter 32 . 11/13/2011
Gah! What a tease of an ending! ;)

I'm glad Jowan pulled through; I was a bit worried he might meet his end there. And, of course, hooray for Cullen coming to his senses at last!
Suilven chapter 31 . 11/13/2011
Jowan's passionate speech to Cullen was just wonderful-powerful and moving. If that doesn't convince him, I don't know what will!
Snarkoleptic chapter 32 . 11/13/2011
Okay, I just have to say, if Cullen screws this up now and ends up hurting Ena, I'm kicking his ass. Just so you know. ;)

Also, "Whatever you're bad at!" is an amazing line. It's excellent battle-banter on its own, being as amusing as it is. But it also shows how well he knows her, even after all that time, and it's an excellent counterpoint to all the tension before and after.

And then there's Jowan going after Cullen, breaking my little heart. I've never understood why he's always been such a sympathetic character to me, but you've done incredibly well with him.
melgonzo chapter 32 . 11/13/2011
Yay! I have to say you honestly had me kind of rooting for Jowan! LOL LOved it!
Suilven chapter 30 . 11/10/2011
Grrr... I'm with Enaara and just want Brenna to back off. LOL

I'm glad that Anders came back and decided to stop being such an ass, but I feel badly for Jowan.

I love the way you're building up the angst-factor. Awesome. :)
Starlight Sanctuary chapter 30 . 11/10/2011
Awe... oh... Okay, lets go! We are beating Cullen up! *BAM* xD Great chapter. I was really feeling it. And, oh my gosh, when Jowen entered and asked her to be with him I was like, "Holy mother of snapple bottles!" I was so taken back! Like, holy cow. You are just an awesome bowl of awesomeness. in fact... My name is Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite fanfiction on the citadel (or would it be extranet? XDD). Can't wait to read more! Keep up the great work, my friend!

~Starlight Sanctuary
melgonzo chapter 30 . 11/10/2011
This was a really good but really painful chapter! I can't wait for what's to come!
Suilven chapter 29 . 11/7/2011
Cullen's torment is (still) very nicely done. I really liked this:

"He almost smiled at her, but the visions came again. She was kneeling on the bed, fingertips brushing his face, telling him he was home—their home. That they had fled their duty and started a life on their own. A different vision rushed him. She was cooking and he embraced her from behind; she laughed—he loved her laugh—and she held the spoon to his lips for him to taste. Another vision—her brushing her hair in front of a vanity mirror while he watched lovingly. The horns spiraled out of the back of her head."

I'm very curious to see how he's going to move past these nightmares. How hard it must be for him to be so drawn to her and yet have this mix of twisted memories to deal with. Poor Cullen. :(
Suilven chapter 28 . 11/7/2011
This was my favorite part of the chapter, as I just love the mental image of the two of them-very humanizing:

""Come on, you can't hold out on me."

"He said…" she started, pausing as felt her heartbeat start wildly thumping in her chest. "He said he would remain strong for those templars… and then he… well, we…"

The girls started giggling. A seasoned mage and talented rogue, soldiers in war, Blight-fighter and Deep Roads explorer—giggling. It was truly a sight to behold, had any others been around to see."

I'm looking forward to seeing Enaara and Cullen work their way back to each other again.
melgonzo chapter 29 . 11/7/2011
I really like this story. I was a little sad that Anders was so disapproving of Enaara. I mean I get the whole thing about him not liking her being with Cullen but as a whole? He wasn't even happy for her that she was pardoned. Should that make her that "shining example"? XD Anyway great read! Thanks for sharing!
Starlight Sanctuary chapter 29 . 11/7/2011
Awe, Enaara is such a sweet-heart. teehee I'm gushing over this even though I should be getting ready for an audition. Congrats, I just put your story before a vocal audition - never thought I would see the day. Anyway, I love how you are not jumping straight to Cullen being all like, "I love you, lets go run off together!" I mean, that would be sweet, but you can save it for later. I love that he is more, "I love- but I can't! I want to, but it is forbidden..." It must be fun torturing him xD Thank you for being awesome! :DDD

~Starlight Sanctuary
Snarkoleptic chapter 29 . 11/7/2011
Sigh. Another one read start to finish in one sitting. Why can't your story and your vision for the characters be terrible? Why did you have to draw me in?

;)

I've very much enjoyed how you portray Cullen in particular, and I think the interlude with the letters was a nice touch for passing the timeline. I'm subscribing now because I really, really want to see how your ideas for Enaara and Cullen line up with Anders.

Plus, this:

"Enaara smiled, watching them hug, watching as he swayed from side to side with her in his arms."

I've had a few conversations just recently about how Anders has been kicked for so long and just needs a damn hug already, and now all of a sudden he's getting one, and it just made me grin. :)
melgonzo chapter 27 . 11/2/2011
He's so torrmented! I'm a bad person LOL I think it's aweful and wonderful all at once!
melgonzo chapter 26 . 11/2/2011
I have no words! /squeel!
54 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »