Reviews for Debi's Birthday
Darkover chapter 2 . 6/9/2013
Dear Susan M.M.: This is wonderful! There aren't enough good WotW fan fics out there, but you have made a fine contribution in this one. You did a good job of portraying all the characters, and I've always liked the thought of Ironhorse and Debi developing a sort of father-daughter relationship. It is typical of Cash to forget about his daughter, and it is just as typical of the Colonel to make sure and remember her. The dialogue is very well written, and I also like the additional detail of Ironhorse's middle name and its meaning. Thanks very much for writing and posting this. Sincerely, Darkover
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Awww...I can totally see Paul as a father figure, even wrote a story of my own showing that. He was a caring person and I LOVE the idea that he made her feel better by sending flowers as her father so she wouldn't think ill of him.

Fave Parts:

Debi pulled the lid off the smaller box, half expecting yet a third box. Instead lay a leather pendent on a rawhide thong. Embossed in the center was a wolf's head. Colorful beadwork decorated the edges.

Debi hung it around her neck immediately. "It's beautiful. Thanks, Colonel."

"You're welcome," he replied.

She smiled up at the soldier. More than anything else in the world, she wanted her parents to remarry - that had been her candle wish - but if they didn't, well, she liked Col. Ironhorse. Dr. Blackwood was fun, but the colonel ... he was special. She didn't dare think the words 'stepfather material,' even to herself. She wasn't ready to consider Mom and Daddy's reunion a lost cause yet.

-So cute!
LaneIA chapter 2 . 10/3/2011
Awwwww! How sweet.

So, can we expect another fiction anytime soon?

Thanks for sharing.

Lane
axel100 chapter 2 . 10/3/2011
Forgot to mention in my review for the last chapter that the Nancy Drew books were a nice touch. This chapter seems to be a conclusion of sorts. Again, you have to love Ironhorse here. The old softie. Still, while we didn't get a three fingered arm exploding out of someones chest, I can see how that would have been difficult to work in. So until next time "To life immortal!"
axel100 chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
You offer a richly textured first chapter that reintroduces characters from my childhood TV watching. Thanks. For an action series, character development is usually overlooked in the rush to set the stage for the conflict. I was actually glad the aliens (were they called the Morthrans in the first season) didn't make an appearance. Hopefully though, you find a way to work them in.
LaneIA chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
And this is the reason I love Ironhorse! Great job. You've done a fantastic job of catching the characters. Can't wait to read more.
unutterably stupid dragon chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Well done .. the characters are perfect from IronHorse to Blackwood and Debi is delightful. Looking forward to more and whether dad manages not to be a total loss ... Thanks