Reviews for Cold And Empty
mainegirlwrites chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Sometimes its best to just jump in and start writing when the feeling strikes, and it did with you! Well done, and I love the last line.
Woman of Letters chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
This is very powerful. You took the image of Dean clutching that cold, wet trenchcoat, and used it as a metaphor to describe Dean's feelings of grief and helplessness at Cas' loss. I love the way you brought the whole thing back to Sam at the end, how Sam is the one he lives for.

My favorite paragraph was the one that starts "If Cas would have just listened to him, he..." Dean sounds so broken up, the "if onlys" are heartbreaking. I especially loved "They... together they could have saved each other. Stupid, feathered son of a bitch."

You also have some wonderful description here - the picture of the trenchcoat floating in the water, the imagery of fire vs. ice in the second paragraph, the "mass of evil sludge" and "depths of darkness of this damn river". And all of it does sound so much like Dean, I could hear him as I read it.

Very well done!
FallenAngel218 chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
I like your story. You capture Dean's thoughts very well. The only qualm I have is the ending. It doesn't feel complete. I know endings really suck...I hate writing them. I just wanted to run that by you, as an observation.

FallenAngel218
Wynefred chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Such a heartbreaking little piece! Wonderful little tag to that scene. I absolutely loved this!
fortheloveofsupernatural chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
I liked this so much. It was short, but it had everything that a multi-chapter story has. Good job.
Difficult-notImpossible chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
I always loved looking at life through Dean's eyes, and i have to admit nothing never really lived up to what I could imagine...

but oh my... you sure did mr dean winchester justice here...

I loved it. The way he was so mad and so broken at the same time... I could almost here Jensen's voice narrating this in my head.

Really good job :) loved it
Heatherlina chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
This was beautifully written. Cas is missed and you resonate those feelings very well. Look forward to reading more from you.
BlackIceWitch chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
Haven't seen S7 but I'm sure this will resonate when I watch it. Lovely descriptive paras - and a good insight into poor Dean's head.
celeste301 chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
Don't worry Dean, Cas is just taking a little vacation to play with the mermaids and try to find the Krusty Krabb. (at least, in my mind, that's what happened).

Poor Dean, the writers better bring Cas back soon, he can only spend so much time down there with Spongebob, Patrick would drive him crazy.

Loved the insight on what was going through his head, great story _
Mali Bear's Buddy chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
Very moving and incredibly detailed. Quite beautifully done. There are some undertones here that could be read differently depending on your views of the series and Dean's relationship with Cas - something I think is a hallmark of quality writing because it's broad enough to appeal to a larger audience while steadfast in certain core facts. I hope that makes sense. Great work!
ccase13 chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
This is a good picture of Dean standing sadly at the edge of that pond. He's so far down that only looking after crazy Sam is keeping him going.
paranormal para girl chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
d! Totally am insync with you! I felt Dean's pain, his loss in last nights epi and in reading this. Made my stomach hurt watching and reading...so you did good! Hugs! Mel
imdrowninginfootwear chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
This was really good. I felt so bad for Dean during the show, you could just tell his heart was breaking
Sharlot chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
I'm with Dean, Cas's absence leaves me cold too. :(

"he sure as hell didn't deserve an end like this." My thoughts exacly!

This made me snuffle. I am so with Dean on this. I feel a sense of loss that makes me think I'm just a little...uh...not normal. LOL. Mourning big time. I hope one day you can write a tag for when Cas is restored and redeemed. Here's to hopin'!

Loved this piece. Thanks for the words!
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 10/1/2011