Reviews for We Could Leave This Town and Run Forever
sunsetsoverwater chapter 1 . 4/28/2015
God, I love, love, love this story. I have read it so many times, it's ridiculous, but it's amazing each time I read it. I love the line dropped near the beginning letting us all know Nathan and Audrey are already together, and then the journey you take them on is beautiful. The motel rooms, the bug in her chili, the laundromat, and their new life. And when Nathan can suddenly feel again? Perfect. Thank you so much for writing this.

All of your Haven fics are so good. I hope you write another one soon.
Peacockgirl chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
This is so ridiculously beautiful. Like, wow. Speechless. Obviously this is not how things turned out ... but a girl can still wish! The dialogue is great and the characters are spot on and its so bittersweet that they've left - especially the goodbye with Duke - and the truck, oh the truck - but I'm still happy for them. I love the scene in the laundromat and the comment that Nathan's the Guy Fieri of pancakes and all of it really.
Elementary Magpie chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Oh, I wish Audrey and Nathan would have the sense to run, but of course then we wouldn't have the show. :)

So many pitch-perfect details... LOVED the goodbyes to Duke and the truck. Singing in the truck. The troubled client. The day they finally left Haven behind...

And that Audrey doesn't disappear! Whatever else happens in the show, thanks for this happy ending to think about!
Lattelady chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
Wow I really liked that. It was so different . Beautifully done.
SandraDeee chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
Ah, this was just perfection.
effie214 chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
I read and reviewed this on LJ, but I have to tell you: this story gets better every time I read it. There's always another little nuance I pick up on, and yet I still get the same happy, satisfied warm fuzzies when I reach the end. To me, that's the hallmark of a great piece, and from the number of times I've read this, I'd say you bypassed great and entered "amazing." Just thought I'd let you know. :)
MaryNotAmy chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Love it! This story really made me smile - the idea of them off together, making their way to a new life, the tinge of uncertainty outweighed by the certainty of having each other. I really enjoyed this.
More chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Make it multichaPter n I'll b Ur bff!
nertooold54 chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Very sweet. You've captured The chemistry between them in the last two episodes.
Aedammair chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
I love this. It's brilliant and poignant and so very much those characters. How much did you love the "I'll make pancakes" moment in the finale? :) Good job, Gage!
MagPie003 chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
I really like how you tied things up here. They could still end the story this way. Great job!
caitblake chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
Ok well obviously you're just trying to kill me. This is beautiful, and romantic, and sweet. After the finale, I needed this story to pick me up. thank you :)
can-you-imagine chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
I love the idea of Audrey and Nathan picking up and starting over. Very well done.

SMILES! CYI
ILiveADaydream chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
Aw! So much cuteness. I love it. And actually, this kind of does fit with the finale (except the cliffhanger), because the chief does tell Nathan to keep her safe, and where is she safer than far away from haven and under a different name? More please? The Christmas episode is a long ways away. And Duke in a Santa suit has to give you some inspiration.
MyBrokenButterfly chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
This is amazing, and kind of everything I pictured when I venture into this what-if. I love your style and I love this show. I wish it would come back... right .