Reviews for A Nail Love Story
lilpreciousone chapter 17 . 10/5/2013
Reading this kept me up till 3:30 a.m ...your story was a beautiful distraction from my busy life...thank you.
KRTheBlackPearl chapter 17 . 4/16/2013
Oh my gosh... this is one of the BEST FREAKING STORIES I HAVE EVER READ! First off, this OC- Axle- WHAT A GAL! I loved her so much! I love her description- the gray skin, the yellow star on her eye, and her hair. I'm so glad that you made her an 'alien'- though humanoid, it was a pleasant surprise! You developed her character so well, and I loved her attitude and personality. You did a superb job with all the Namkekian history and their interactions/reactions with/to Axle. (I'm in college so I don't have a lot of time to review, so I guess I'll be covering the majority of your story within this review). I loved how this fanfic started, your style of writing, the tones you set, your description, your grammar, the plot- it was all very professional! You are seriously SOOO damn good at writing- like I'm serious when I say this is in my top five favorites FF stories of all time! You are so good- OMG SO GOOD! And when I saw it was about Nail, I was automatically drawn to it and the fact that she didn't fall for Piccolo at the end, well I'm just so glad that you didn't do anything like that. The fact that she loved Nail so fiercely.. gosh, it was like SOO EFFING ROMANTIC! I practically died it was so freaking great! You are a genius my friend, I would have never thought to have done half the things you did. Like your explanation for Namekian females- SO believable. You could have been a writer for the show- for all I know YOU ARE ONE! I have to say that my favorite part was the beginning- the part where they first kissed- GAH IT MAKES MY HEART GOOEY JUST THINKING ABOUT IT! And then the ending- you created a very realistic alternate conclusion!
Piccolo is one of my favorite anime protagonists of all time (ah screw it- he IS my favorite) and I thought you did SUCH a fantastic job with him. You really stayed true to his character and his inner turmoil throughout this story just really helped me appreciate him even more! Because honestly, what did he have to live for besides Gohan? And that's not even his son! The fact that he got his own relationship in the end was so heart-warming! Omg, I can't get over how much I enjoyed this story.
One word can describe this fanfic- FLAWLESS!
This was an honestly flawless fanfic and I can not believe how old it is! D: Makes me wish there was more! But seriously so freaking good! Thank you so much for gifting us readers with such a spellbinding work!
Seriously- GOOD JOB.
Alright, I'm out *leaves with head hanging, sniffling cuz there's not more...*
XEHX chapter 17 . 5/31/2012
You are such a masterful writer! I love how you practically breeze through the story without any parts being boring and you have this ability to evoke such emotion! They'd better be paying you royalties for this when you get published with original work
AzErTy007 chapter 17 . 12/3/2011
That was a very sweet story and I enjoyed it from first to last chapter! Thank you so much for writing this all the way til the end!
geebz chapter 17 . 10/11/2010
Bucky, this was beautiful. I feel like it has enriched my being by reading this. What I take from it is that there is no perfect. Things happen in life and we make the best of it. We do this without selfishness and sometimes with great sacrifice but in the end, we will get true happiness.

Thanks for writing this!
pointyearsrule chapter 17 . 7/6/2010
I know this was completed loooooooong ago...but I wished to commend you on a well written, brilliantly executed, and original interpretation/tweaking of the Namekian history and sexuality. I am also ever so grateful that this was completed, and with an epilogue to boot! Thanks for highlighting my favorite species while remaining true to their original character design [that encompasses the entire Z cast you represented well]. I feel the Namekian characters are so underappreciated and I can't figure out why Akira Toriyama let that happen over time, considering he said himself that Piccolo was his favorite. Anyways, here's to a fellow appreciative fan and that this talent bloomed outside of here over the years. :)
DamnBlackHeart chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
Aw, that was such a nice story to read! It's safe to say that this is the first Namekian romance story I've ever read. And I LOVE it! I read this story months ago...well I guess technically, a year since it's January now. It's now that I leave a review for it because I joined the site a few days ago and I couldn't pass up the chance to leave a signed review letting you know I love this. That and to add it to my favs as well!

You really made me love Nail!
CaptainOceana chapter 17 . 1/12/2010
Wow... it was beautiful Bucky. You have a way of writing things in a way I could only dream of. The way you orchestrated this story was amazing! It was awesome to be able to get more of what happened to the namekians as you briefly described in Chi Chi and Piccolo. You do a FANTASTIC job with keeping the characters in character as well. I look forward to more works from you!

Forever a Fan,

CaptainOceanaSkyeEdwards
whiteKnight15 chapter 17 . 12/28/2009
Love it! That was amazing story!
anon chapter 17 . 10/18/2009
Hello! Just wanted to stop by and tell you that this is one of my favorite fics of all time (I've been reading 'em for 10 years). Love the originality of the story-going deeper into Piccolo/Nail's past, taking a different approach to the namekian asexuality issue and all the while still keeping characters in character. Excellent excellent excellent!
MisatoPen chapter 17 . 3/18/2009
Wii! I like this fic. I never imagine a Nail story. Very original :D
Unkown chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
YEY! Poor Nail. No one makes Nail romances. This is probobaly the first one with Nail as a main character. yey Nail! I have bad spelling. Anyway, like this fic so far.
Rosiekins chapter 17 . 7/15/2007
Wow, that was...epic. Haha! Very original and innovative throughout. Educational, too, since I've always been rather curious about the (murky) details of Namekian society. I also like how you focused on the societal impact a female would have on them. Most writers would just skim over that detail and plow straight into some treacly romance. Anywho, awesome story!

P.S.: Your word choice is always immaculate.
Obelisk of Light chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
This story is great. In fact, this one was the first Namekian romance fic I'd read. (I'd read this many months ago and am reviewing only now. *rolls eyes*) You've got first-rate spelling and grammar; and most importantly, the plot isn't unrealistic and the romance is well portrayed.

The jokes are completely hilarious, especially the one about Piccolo's "equipment". *grins* But you could've avoided describing Goku's ... er, anatomy. That wasn't expected for an R-rated fic. Otherwise, great job!
AnthyRose chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
Oh My God.

That was one of the most powerful beginnings I have ever read. EVER. I was cruising in search for a Piccolo romance, (I was thinking of writing one myself) and somehow came across this little diddy. I'm glad I did. It was sheer brilliance, this story, and so original. I've never read anything like it. The wording, the feeling...it was just beautiful. You must truly be a romantic at heart to write something so sensitive. And yet...somehow I think I may have read this fic before..years ago, though for the life of me I can't remember what happens. I suppose this means I need to reaquaint myself with this fic, eh?

Happy reading!