Reviews for Permission to Research
MiamiTrue chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
This is my second story of yours and I am now officially hooked!

Your turn of phrase is perfect, your visuals are amazing and your lemons are worthy.

I love, love, loved the paragraph with the use of the word “proficiently” in it. I found myself laughing out loud, and sadly relating.

You are a pleasure to read and I look forward to reading much more!

Many thanks for sharing, Lilly
angela12665 chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Oh, that was just...perfect.
SwedenSara chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Oooooh... there's nothing like a little Jackson. Errrr Jasper. Jacksper. You know... I've met Jackson. For real. Twice.

He's swoonworthy.

Anyway... "oh, how I hate sloppy slobbering on my skin." I DO hate slobby! Yuck!

I loved this, it was very sweet & I love that you mentioned how women's liberation seems to have gone backwards these last 10 years. I feel the exact same way.

Sara
Derdriu oFaolain chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Well, to start, this was so sexy and beautiful and perfect. I devoured it... seriously. Will you please write a multi-chapter story? Please? Please?

Everything you said about women these days should be a public service announcement or something. In fact, let's just re-dub the American political debates with this story.

"Like in a white, porcelain cup—not a tall glass-mug-fancy-pants-thingie, or a take-away paper-cuppie-thingie." On my campus, I may be the only person who makes use of a normal ceramic coffee cup. Perhaps the British sensibility.

"...this short story I'm writing." As always, I adore how you toy with metafiction. When we get to the end, it's always a wee bit of a mindf*ck as to fiction & reality. You rock it with the best of the postmodernists, my dear.

"Oh, well, you see, that's why I have Twitter!" I think I'm going to answer as many questions as possible with this phrase. [Professor:Dru, why didn't you finish your paper? Me:Oh, well, you see, that's why I have Twitter!]

"Look at him! Research him!" This is another phrase I plan to use. Especially in sexual situations. [Me: Come over here, boy. I'm going to research you. And if you're good, you'll make it into my annotated bibliography.]

Anyway, thank you for reminding me of this. I'm currently sitting in my medieval literature library, eating up your words instead of doing my work. You're the very best.
mssdare chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Oh yes, who wouldn't like a lust-falling with Jasper and a beautiful one-night stand with him? Imaginary or real - no matter really:)

Sigh, a girl can dream...
Violhaine chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Girrrrl if I could build me a man your Jasper would be my blueprint. So UNF! You know he's out there don't you wish once in your life he'd come around? Oh the part where she says she notices men who notice her? Wisdom. Pure undistilled wisdom. Preach. Can't bother with men who qon't look a little deeper.

Loved this story so much. Especially the parallels about being alone and much lonelier than people would expect. Thanks again for the perfect escape. Laugh line #472 belongs to you.

Violhaine
Sheeijan chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
You know normally I would have never stopped to read this when I'm wandering through fanficland, browsing around? But I'm really glad I read this. It touches on something that is really near and dear to me-that a woman can be in touch with her sexuality without being a slut or skank or whatever the term is. But is society really turning against women again? When I was in college, it was ok for a girl to go out and hook up-it was pretty much expected. Is the pendulum swinging back again? That would infuriate me, especially when said pendulum is permanently stuck on "all access" for men.

No angst here, just some easy loving and a strong woman. I *never* would have paired these two together, but it works much better than, say, Leah and Edward to me. To pair an older Leah and Jasper just added another dimension to the whole thing. It really worked well for me.
dellaterra chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
As a research nerd, I was first drawn to the title, but stuck around for the gorgeously written story. Thank you so much for hopping along with that wonderful plot bunny and creating such a delicious slice of life.
Fr333bird chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
utterly gorgeous - you write beautifully. You painted such a convincing portrait of Leah in so few words.

I love how assured and confident she is in her skin, lovely to read about an older woman too for a change - so unusual in fic.

I love your words - there were so many lines that made me stop and re-read them because I liked them so much and wanted to appreciate them properly.
Elvirina chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Hi gorgeous

I actually read this a while back. As usual you have some very deep and profound issues brought to the very forefront. I liked your take on a woman and her right to have a casual sex life. I have friends like that, not that they advertise it, but we all know they go for what they want and they're not ashamed about it. It's very well written and I love how you don't find it necessary to use a million words to say one simple thing. Your consise, and that is a talent in itself.

If I have to address this as a lemon, then this was not my favorite from you. It was too abstract if your can call it that. Maybe it wasn't thought to be like that, but that was the impression I got when starting this story. however we all have our different tastes

With that said I really did enjoy this story and I enjoy your minimalist style of writing emensely, nothing ever feels half assed and it always well thought out.

Another home run for you Anna

Thank you for sharing, I feel blessed

Nelly
Alby Mangroves chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Oh, oh OH! I love when he tells her "this is your white magic" - how gorgeous!

This made me laugh : "Last time I saw a convincing one-night hook-up, was in Thelma & Louise, for crying out loud." So true!

I like Leah- another unappreciated character. Well done 3
ICMezzo chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
Oh, my friend, this was well done. I love how you told us so much about Leah through just this little slice of her life. I appreciated her unique voice, and her willingness to think outside of the 2.5 kids and a dog and a white picket fence box. There's also a certain rhythm to your words, and I love that too.

Great job, bb. -ICM :)
sessahhh chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
I finally got a chance to check out your story. Great job. I'm not usually a reader of Leah (or het to be honest anymore) but this was terrific. I think it's true that there aren't enough stories that feature one-night stands that are truly one-night stands without the annoying emotional dips the female leads have a tendency to take. I think we are generally rational people but that doesn't seem to carry over to author's fantasy stories involving quick and dirty one-nighters. I don't think it's impossible to have a passionate night together and never see that person again. If guys can do it so easily, why can't women? Lol. I'm glad you wrote this. Perhaps Jasper and Leah will meet again somewhere down the line when he is touring the area again but if not, that's ok. They had some good coffees, conversations and of course some hot sex (in between cuddles).

My favorite line: "I just have this overwhelming desire to cuddle with you, to whisper sweet nothings in your ear. Then fuck you. Then cuddle. And then fuck you again. Would that be a problem?"
TheSaintsMistress chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Okay – Let met start off by saying I’m really into reading B&E. In fact, that’s ALL I read. Yes, that probably makes me unadventurous, but I fell in love and lust ;) with them – why change a good thing, right?

That being said – I’m even more into great plot, good characterizations and written words that create a 'magical' world out of nothing. That’s what you do, girlie, and you do it wonderfully.

Words like…

“Like me, he just comes here for the show, but unlike me, he is both interested and interesting.”

“Jasper's low voice cuts through my momentarily reduced capacity of comprehension.” LOL!

and…

"I just have this overwhelming desire to cuddle with you, to whisper sweet nothings in your ear. Then fuck you. Then cuddle. And then fuck you again.”

…makes me stop and look twice. It makes me forget that I’m not reading B&E. You do it effortlessly and elegantly.

I have to commend you on being brave enough to write about characters we wouldn’t originally expect to see together. People usually don’t do change well, but you make the transition easy and comfortable.

Well done!

xoxo

PS: I love that Leah remained true to herself: She took, enjoyed and thrived in the passion that was Jasper without it seeming empty and cheap. I guess it IS possible for a woman to fall in lust and not necessarily in love, after all. ;)
TwiArcady90 chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
Bel lavoro chicca! Che storia originale! Il personaggio di Leah mi ha sempre affascinata ed è bello vedere che l'hai resa la protagonista della storia. E poi Jasper *sigh* Devo aggiungere altro su di lui? *giggles*

Mi piace come i protagonisti delle tue storie sono in qualche modo sempre degli scrittori..Rende la sovrapposizione tra realtà e fantasia più intrigante.

Hai intenzione di scrivere altri capitoli di questa storia o rimarrà un one-shot? Mi piacerebbe vedere Jasper cantare a Leah in uno dei suoi concerti!

Bel lavoro!