Reviews for Avoiding Cliches Like the Plague
Hasmed chapter 12 . 2/8
Gosh, I love this chapter the most! I hate romance stories too. In the fandom in which I'm interested, no one cares about other genres but romance, angst, hurt/comfort, blah blah bleh. They crave for drama queens and kings, over-cheesy, unrealistic details, fluffy, lemon, blah blah bleh. Having sex is the only way the main characters can come up with to solve problems. Ugh! Not to mention, there're lots of MA-rating fics...I don't wanna live on this planet anymore.
But when I read this chapter, my faith in human was restored a bit *hug* *kiss* *hug* *kiss* [on-going]
Just wanted to say that, while you have some good ideas, it's probably best if you don't command people what to do. I'm planning a story in which a character undergoes severe trials that may be considered twisted or sick by some people. I'm trying to explore a character's ideas, morals, and values. Does that mean I should turn off my computer and sit in a corner? No. This is fiction. Your comment struck a nerve with me but otherwise, the effort is great.
BlackShadowScythe chapter 14 . 12/30/2015
It seems to me you may want to try some new fandoms. I found this story by google, so im not a PJ writer. Many of the problems you are writing about ive barely come across
BlackShadowScythe chapter 11 . 12/30/2015
Maybe someone has told you this but on the coun that there are no houses in Manhattan, speaking as someone who lives in nyc, your wrong. Near central park 96st and indeed other areas too, there are really thin 4-5 story buildings with 1 family each
DreamQueen96 chapter 20 . 12/29/2015
I found this guide by absolute accident, as I was looking for writing tips and tricks. And, even though I'm not in the Percy Jackson fandom, I read it. And I have to say your tips are awesome and your humor is refreshing. It was very helpful and I agreed with everything you said. I loved it!
TypewriterGirl13 chapter 20 . 7/27/2015
Thank you so much! I love all the tips here and they're really helpful.
BookButterfly11 chapter 2 . 6/30/2015
Oh my gods. My Immortal(excuse my language) total c-word. OH MY GODS WHHHHHHHYYYY?!
Reagan's fall chapter 7 . 6/30/2015
I'm writing a story about how my oc Reagan goes from being a hero to being a villain it's called "a hero falls and a villain rises" the plot is; after her best friend dies, Reagan falls into a depression, she's about to commit suiside when, the leader of an evil organization stops her and asks him to join his organization, she says yes and then her life takes a complete 180 and she becomes stronger than ever before. Should I write it or not?
Fabulous chapter 10 . 6/27/2015
I hate Original Characters so much that I feel like a story that has one is doomed to fail.
P.S. Great guide by the way.
The Kanadian Writer chapter 20 . 6/8/2015
This advice will really come in handy fro my upcoming Splatoon fanfic! I already had success with "Team in Reality, Family at Heart", but thanks to you I might be able to do better than ever! In case you want to read my Splatoon fanfic when it comes out, it's called "Countdown".
Guest chapter 17 . 6/5/2015
Percy Jackson is more of an inspiration from Greek Mythology then a fanfiction... Well, there's no copyright issues or anything like that so...
ARandomDemigod chapter 10 . 4/10/2015
I do have a OC that is a daughter of Poseidon but the guy did tell Percy that he had several siblings. I put that as a side note in my story.
It's hard not to make her a Mary-Sue and it pisses me off because that's how she looks and she's NOT, dammit. She's stubborn and temperamental and is horribly irrational and impulsive. And no matter how hard I try she looks like a Mary-Sue. Heh.
ARandomDemigod chapter 7 . 4/10/2015
Um, 0 son of 7?
Is there a specific set of requirements for a Canadian? Just wondering 'cause I'm not exactly the poster child for America and do just fine. Better than fine, actually. You probably won't see this but, you know, just in case.
Get over yourself, man.
ARandomDemigod chapter 5 . 4/10/2015
MY FAITH IN HUMANITY HAS BEEN RESTORED!
Seriously though, this is genius. I'm putting all of this on mental sticky notes in my brain for later.
You actually know what you're doing unlike 85% of the idiots on here (including me I think) and I hope all of said idiots read this and put this in mind when they're reading.
ARandomDemigod chapter 3 . 4/10/2015
If you aren't in college (I assume you're college age) learning how to be an english teacher, I'm going to find you and I'm going to regestir you into the nearest college. I'm sure you've got the grades for it.
Finally, a Percy Jackson fanfic writer that has some common sense.