Reviews for The Third Crown Piece
Michaela D chapter 14 . 4/15/2014
Yay! I love happy endings. The skill you have displayed throughout your writing is remarkable and truly admirable. This is without doubt the best Nuada fan fiction I have ever read. Applause to Gwenfarr too for the economical resolution preventing war. Your passion and talent is meritorious so if you ever decide to peruse a writing career I wish you the best of luck (not that you will need it) because you are definitely one hell of an author. Have a long joyous and prosperous life and Goodbye from England.
reika88 chapter 4 . 3/5/2013
dear god this is only slightly better than the Heart Song story. not great but not horrible
rose.chan27 chapter 14 . 8/12/2012
Best Prince Nuada story ever! Great job!
SweetnSour333 chapter 14 . 6/22/2012
I love this story! It is well written and the reader has to read all the way through it to understand everything. The plot is different and the love between Caoimhe and Nuada makes me jealous. GREAT JOB YA NEFER MA'AT!
SweetnSour333 chapter 10 . 6/20/2012
Best love scene EVER! Made me blush the whole time. *-*
SweetnSour333 chapter 9 . 6/20/2012
Oh my gosh, that last part was so good! It made my heart speed up. *-*
SweetnSour333 chapter 4 . 6/20/2012
I am confused about why Nuada agrees to help the human . . . Can someone explain or is it described more throughout the chapters?
SweetnSour333 chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Dear god I love it . . . Sorry no time to chat I have to read more. -
LA Knight chapter 2 . 6/2/2012
Hi, Ma'at! I'm back for chapter 2. D

So, gotta say, although I remember intellectually that you're not American, I keep forgetting until I see the spelling differences in your fic - "centred" instead of "centered," "behaviour" instead of "behavior," etc. Not a complaint, just me letting you know how silly I am sometimes.

Okay, here we go!

So I like that Keeva (love the pronounciation of that name, but I can't spell it!) does what the 3rd Crown Piece (henceforth referred to as 3CP) tells her. It's an interesting backstory, in a way - she was raised to be the protector of 3CP, to be its guardian and its servant. It's a totally different approach for this fandom and this sort of pairing, and therefore gives Nuada a very different view of a human. And in that vein, 3CP has been preparing Keeva to be Nuada's perfect woman in a way, hasn't it? Which some might consider creepy, I suppose, but I'm a fan of situations like Daemon and Jaenelle in The Black Jewels Trilogy, Reneesme and Jacob in Twilight, Skyler and Dimitri in the Dark Series, etc. So that works for me.

Also I like what I see as almost a Tolkien-founded undertone to the Elfin culture - the singing and such. I know the Elves in Middle-Earth are all about the music. I think that's pretty cool. Love this line, too - "As directed, she had gone to the woods each full moon, singing her request in ancient melody and words." Ancient melody and words... jeez. D

Going back real quick to 3CP having its own voice, I like that it influences Keeva's thoughts and memories with its own thoughts and memories. What I mean is, how Keeva knows from her family that Balor is a cunning warrior king, but at the same time, she knows from 3CP that Balor is kind, as well.

"...sparkling like a star, fading and dying, singing hauntingly as it melted and the magic within was released." PRETTY! (O.O) SO pretty! And THIS! "Her vantage point showed her undulating pastures frosted with diamonds..." Gorgeous.

(O.O) Oh. Crap.

It's Nuada.

And he is TICKED.

And wants to kill her.

Again - oh crap.

And I'm listening to this instrumental song called "Can You See Jane?" from the Thor soundtrack, and when Keeva met Nuada's eyes, it hit the crescendo part. Perfect timing. )

Something I just realized - the way you write reminds me of old novels. Like Anne of Green Gables, Jane Eyre, that sort of thing. I don't know why, but it does. Maybe just the literary style? I dunno. I like it, tho. It's cool. Like I said, when I want happy-fic-crack, I come to you. D

I love that Keeva's upbringing is clear in her actions. She's scared to die - who isn't? - but she's not going to run. She knows her duty, and she's willing to uphold it, even at the cost of her own life. I applaud this. I often say stuff like "screw honor - do what works," and stuff like that, but this isn't quite the same thing, and it's something I totally respect. I don't know if I could be so brave.

What's Horlicks?

"You do offend me, human. You offend me for breathing the same air I breathe. By your very existence, you offend me." There's this noise I make sometimes, when I'm totally exasperated - it's actually kind of icky, like a really large cat clearing its throat. I just made that sound. Really, Nuada? REALLY? *Gibbs slap* Stupid prince.

You did it AGAIN, Ma'at - "Cold, ancient hatred decorated each crisp word..." Awesomeness!

"...that he was a heart beat away from punishing her for the ages of pain he had suffered at the hands of her kind." Isn't heartbeat one word? *puzzled* Or is that only in America?

Question - if she's under Balor's protection and Nuada can't cut her, how did he knock her unconscious? I am so confused!.And then he just grabs her and kidnaps her! Ugh, boys. *face-palm*

Oh, wait. I'm at the end again. Sigh. Looks like this is goodbye for now, Ma'at. Goodbye, happy-crack-fic-of-romantical-awesomeness.

LA Knight chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
Hey, remember how I said I was going to review eventually? Well, I haven't forgotten! Here I am with a review for chapter 1 of The Third Crown Piece. This fic is like my happy-Nuada-crack. When I want angst and depression, I go elsewhere, but when I want happiness and joy with romantic tension, I come back here. )

So I love how the first thing we see is Nuada in his righteous princely fury, all, "What? A human? Before my father? The impertinence! Rawr! Death!" It totally fits with him as he is in the film, and captures his pride, his angsty elf-ness, and his disgust for humanity.

Also kudos for use of the word "elfin" instead of "elven." Not seen very often in fanfiction, this makes it feel... older? Like... more literary, I guess? More like the Lord of the Rings, say, than the Eragon books, if that makes sense. I hope it makes sense. Anywho, digressing...

Quick nitpick. Keeva (I know that's how her name is pronounced, not spelled, but when I review my fingers just zip across the keyboard and it's easier to spell it that way without making a mistake, which I am sadly prone to do when I'm doped on allergy meds, sigh) first addresses Balor as "Highness," then as "Majesty." Did you do that on purpose? Shouldn't it just be "Majesty," since he's a king, not a prince?

So let me say - the whole idea of the crown piece being inside her body? Brilliant! I would NEVER have thought of that. I've never seen that before. And the idea that the crown pieces talk? And that they're sentient and have their own personalities and stuff? Also brilliant! Never would have thought of that either! That is really, really clever. I mean, REALLY. I love it. It's brilliant, brilliant I tell you, genius I say!

Second nitpick - the language spoken by the Elves in the film is Gaelic, not Elven. But that's just me being a stickler for details and does not detract from the story in any way, shape, or form. You're not the only author who's given the Elves their own language. Ariana Lussier, author of "Orchid," did it too. I just thought maybe you'd like to know.

Ooooh. Excellent use of the royal plurality.

Isn't "council" the group of people and "counsel" the words of advice? Or am I mixing that up? Stupid homonyms! Or is it homophones? Gah!

Jeez. "All I have to do is get to the human, slice her into pieces, and rip the crown piece out. Simple!" That's... really bloodthirsty. But totally in character. What's even better - he says it (thinks it) so matter-of-factly, it's not even weird for him. Which makes him just a little alien to us.

And she's a statue. Ha! Take that, Nuada! Now what are you gonna do, hmmmm? Teehee. Not that I don't already know, seeing as I've read this a bazillion times already, hehehe. And what is red and gold opal? Is it like, a special kind of opal? Or is it just that the opal happened to have lots of red and gold in it?

Whoa, wait a minute. I'm at the end. Already? Gah! How did THAT happen? Ma'at, why is there an end right here? This doesn't GO right there. The end should be WAAAAAY farther down. Why is there an end here? Move it, please. I demand you make this chapter ten times longer, muahahahahaha. Oh. No, you won't? Oh, well. I'll just have to reread chapter 2 and review that instead. Sigh. But that's okay, because I love chapter 2. Yay for chapter 2!

LA Knight chapter 1 . 1/25/2012

how could you do this to me! You're all, "You should read my fanfic, it's cool and romantic," and then they only kiss twice before he confesses his love! Where is the anguish! You make him so happy (and thus, me so happy, which is bad! Bad! I should be sad that he's in love with a human, sad I say!) and I know I'm not making any sense right now, and it's beautiful and reminds me of this book series - sequel series to Pride and Prejudice - and it's lyrical and stuff, and yes, there are some flaws, but not so many that I don't like it, but that is NOT the point! The point is I love it and there's not enough kissing! You are so evil. Evil, I say! Yes, by the way, I finished the whole thing. Once I catch up reviewing everyone else I've promised to review, I will give you chapter-by-chapter crit. I promise. Anyways, not enough kissing! I must have kissing! Or at least stroking. But I must say I love the early chapters where every time he touches her, he's like, "Gah. Want. No! Do not want. Meh. Want." Love it. Anyway, so that's my big long ranty bit and now you know I've read the whole thing and I'm glad of the way you ended it, it's lovely, and I will be back in like... 2 months to review the whole thing. Quick question - do you accept anonymous reviews? We shall soon see.

- LA
henrylover94 chapter 14 . 12/29/2011
wow , first thought that the woman speaking to Nuada was his mother but she is the third crown piece herself ,didn't expected this story going this way but love nun the less,love the story,happy hoildays:D
henrylover94 chapter 12 . 12/22/2011
love this chapter can't wait for the next one

happy christmas

LadyxAbsinthe chapter 6 . 12/21/2011
it seems you've gotten some of your chapters mixed up, instead of chapter 6 you've posted chapter 12
henrylover94 chapter 11 . 12/18/2011
love the other 'side ' so to say of Prince Nuada that isn't with him being all bad:D
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »