Reviews for This Heart of Mine
MeredithBrody chapter 4 . 5/21/2012
D'awwww this was absolutely adorable. I'm supposedly listening to the rugby but... we're losing so I've been reading instead.
chezchuckles chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Great job! I love that I saw this in its nascent stage and now again complete. Very cool. Some lines I loved:

"She didn't just run Engineering—she owned it."

""Why do I do anything with you, B'Elanna?"

"Is that a rhetorical question?" she snapped, angry that the tenderness of his tone had punched through her defenses so easily."

LOL: ""All I know, Tom, is that after I woke up the next morning feeling like the Battle of Klach D'Kel Brakt was taking place in my head, I swore I'd never set foot in Fair Haven again.""

Excellent detail: " The first time she'd come, the engineer in her had taken time only to admire the authenticity of the technology and building materials of the time period—such as hand-made bricks and cobble-stoned streets. "

hehe: " Try as she might, she couldn't get used to the strange language Tom spoke as easily as he breathed. "

lol: "How was it that she could keep her footing in high heels with the ship bucking underneath her from Borg attacks, but not in flats on a stationary dirt aisle?"

Also, this is great:" I'm an engineer, not a circus clown. I fix things. I save the ship from blowing apart on a daily basis—I've even outwitted the almighty Borg in all their technological glory." And the whole rest of her explosion. Good character bit there.

This is really good too: "For several long moments, B'Elanna stood there and drilled all her focus into the pain, driving it into a crumpled ball deep inside her. Then, when she was sure she had control, she moved toward the door.

Agony. White-hot. Full-on and merciless."

Aww...nice Harry. Harry to the rescue: "Understand what, B'Elanna? That you're scared to death of making a mistake? That you feel like you have to know everything to be good enough?"

"This is ridiculous," she huffed, even as a lump lodged in her throat.

"You bet it is. Tom's feelings for you aren't going to change just because you don't know how to ride a horse.""

Nice: "For a moment, B'Elanna felt read to fly apart. But then, despite her anger and frustration and the shock of Tom's revelation, she laughed. And it was a beautiful sound—a freeing sound."

This was really good. An excellent little look into this part of their relationship. Of course, I've totally forgotten *what* their relationship every looked like, but who can forget her? lol.
DianeB chapter 2 . 10/7/2011
Ha, what a wonderful chapter - and the start was *perfectly* B'Elanna: all the sneakin' around and hoping no one saw her going into the FH program.

The whole horse thing was magnificent. I could envision every step, and I laughed right along with Brogan at Briley's trick. I noticed Brogan didn't check B'Elanna's saddling work the second time, either. Does this mean the saddle's going to slide off again?

I liked that B'Elanna "rocketed" to her feet after falling off the horse. Good use of that word, and exactly the way B'Elanna would have gotten up.
DianeB chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
Hey, great start - and *thanks* for the cred! It's fun to read references to my own story in yours. :)

I think you've got Tom and B'Elanna down pat. Their back-and-forth sniping and their thoughts were bang-on to me, and I look forward to continuing this story. More B'Elanna in Fair Haven. Oh, boy!

Lovely narrative. I liked the "blue phantoms" of the plasma "waltzing" in the warp core. Really nicely done.

That "Klingon battle hangover" that was going on inside B'Elanna's head? Did you make that up or did you find reference to it somewhere? I'm impressed either way!
Hummingbird2 chapter 4 . 10/7/2011
Oh, that was wonderful, thank you!
Hummingbird2 chapter 3 . 10/5/2011
This made me think of 'Lineage'. Excellent, thank you!
Hummingbird2 chapter 2 . 10/4/2011
Hee hee, poor B'Elanna! Very nice, thank you.
Alpha Flyer chapter 2 . 10/3/2011
Sometimes, alien-ness is very much in the eye of the beholder. It says a lot about what indignities B'Elanna is prepared to suffer for that 'date' with Tom that she didn't simply walk out at "here, take that brush ..."! Lovely piece, and I'm happy to see you back on Voyager turf (sorry, couldn't help myself...)!
Nny11 chapter 2 . 10/3/2011
I really wasn't sure what I was going to think of this story, but now I know that I really like it! It's really nice to read your Torres, she's always pretty spot on. :)
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
Oh, this is good! I'm looking forward to more.