Reviews for Letting Go
nattysuits chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
Well that was wonderful. You know this is the type of story I want to read when I look up Criminal Minds fanfiction. Completely in character all the time and brilliantly so. I can tell you take your time getting them all down and I like that in an author.

I read your profile and I see we shared the Bones and NCIS fandom. I agree about shows now lacking on the subtlety front. That is what I like about Criminal Minds (and what I liked about Bones and NCIS before they became very strange monsters, in my opinion). CM is almost on the verge of starving me with information sometimes but I prefer that to abundance of "special moments". This story of yours had just the perfect amount to be touching without turning into a fluff fest.

So thank you for giving me my Criminal Minds fix, which, by the by, is very hard to find thanks to Sturgeon's Law being alive and well on .
shad75 chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
I have read several brilliant pieces on fan fic, yours included but I have to say that this is the most brilliant tie- in to a show that I read. I understand that the show can't delve too much time into what the team-mates thought upon Em's return as they already addressed some aspects of it in 'Painless' and 'Dorado falls' but I really needed to know more details about what the team thought upon her return, just as I wanted to know how they coped with her loss. And I specially needed to read what Derek thought so thanks for writing this.

I loved the surprise birthday party. I personally would hate if people at work threw me a party. Not that anyone would. They are not bad people or anything but we are not remotely as close as the BAU team and anyway, we never hang outside work. We do exchange little gifts on birthdays and maybe have a piece of cake. Thats it. Smokeless candles are cool. I was LOL at Hotch asking Garcia if the fire alarm would go off!

I want to cry everytime I read a fic describing Derek's feelings when he held Emily's hand as she was bleeding out in 'Lauren' but in this fic, I also wanted to cry when Emily told Derek that its not the same to be home since Derek and Reid hate her. Their talk about Derek admitting that her wanting to die really bothering him and their hug at the end was so touching (at this point in time, Emily's frame of mind was such that I don't blame her even remotely for saying to Derek 'let me go'. She probably thought she can't face the team after they knew she slept with Doyle etc yes?). I really do think they need to address this aspect again at some point in the show. OK, they showed that Reid was annoyed with JJ for keeping things from him but what about his interactions with Emily? Are they back to normal. And what about her interactions with Derek? Thank God for your fanfics cos the show isn't really answering these questions for me. She seems fine with Rossi. I would really like to see Em and Derek working again as partners on the show as that hasn't happened for a while.

Garcia telling Hotch and Rossi what to do to prepare for the party and her speech at the surprise party was funny! Calling Doyle 'he who should not be named' like Voldermart in Harry Potter. And her saying that none of the team should think about checking out in the near future or she knows to use the knife for more than cutting a cake! Ha ha. The way you write the characters is just brilliant and spot on with their personalities in the show.

I am sure people have told you this before but your stories are really addictive. I am actually supposed to be doing some marking at this point in time. Oh well, I guess I can take a break. After all, I didn't tell the students to spend so much time on facebook and partying that they failed their exam in June and have to resit in Jan, thus saddling me with all this work over my supposed Christmas vacation.
bookworm45 chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
Oh, how lovely! This is a beautiful piece of their friendship. The nightmares are awful and the heartbreak is so bad, but I'm glad she's home and that he's still there for her, to help her.
Lauraoo chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Carry on plzzzz :)
radioactive460 chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
Beautiful story, you write Morgan and Prentiss so well! I hope we see something similar to this in the upcoming episodes!
ditzie-blonde chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Interesting story development and it looks like Morgan is starting to deal with things. Am in agreement with you that things were almost too hunky dory in the second episode, with the exception of Reid.

On the FF front, the lines seemed to add about 3 words to my chapters if that helps.
Come2MyRescue chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
This really fit well with the season premier. A great sequel too.
dannyanne chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
That was great. You captured Morgans and Prentisss feelings really well.
EmmaBerlin chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
That was perfect! Beautifully written and exactly what they need! I hope the next episode will actually gave a moment like this. I love it, awesome job! :)
Sara Nublas chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
really liked this. Well written and you can totally picture it happening in the show! thank you for sharing :)
1Styx and Stones1 chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
This is awesome.

So, so good. Sad and humorous and totally in character. You got into Morgan's head really well. Psychoanalyzing the psychologist, are we?

It was great. Awesome job!
DefyingSantaFe chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
I really, really like this. It's a great piece. (Also, I'm fairly certain that next week's episode will cover Morgan's emotions. I think they're going weekly so they don't shove it all in one episode and make it seem like they're rushing.)
Nancy J. Lisse chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
Really really great story... I think it captures Morgan's emotions very well... I don't think he's as okay with it as he seemed last episode, so thank you for exploring their relationship. The ending was adorable.