Reviews for Universal Constants
*blinks at ending*
*swears violently*
That actually makes it worse. Jack would end up endlessly dying even more than usual until he got sucked onto a ship or something should the planet-exploding succeed, and any semblance of rational thought he might manage to recover through the agony of the endless deaths would be drowned in the sudden and utter loss of all that died properly with the planet.
*shudders*
Poor Jack. All the more reason for the Doctor to interfere, though. Protecting a friend indirectly, saving his favorite planet, and being pissed off at a child-killer.
*cries a little for the Doctor*
Cassie Ruesch chapter 5 . 1/3
sequel?
Alas Poor Yorcake chapter 5 . 11/9/2015
Ha. I've read this story at least nine times and I've never realized, not once, that the Sergeant's name was Leroy Jenkins. Too caught up in the plot and the amazing introspections, I guess.

Also a bit ironic that the target of an assassin was one of the people we know for sure wouldn't stay dead. Though, I'm sure that the Assassin could have easily convinced Peter that Jack was exactly like Anna, if you know what I mean.

What is it with me and immortal people being unfortunately suicidal?

Anyway. Just wanted to insert here that I absolutely love this story, and keep going back to it whenever I watch Criminal Minds or Doctor Who. This story is actually what got me interested in Criminal Minds, so thanks for that.

I absolutely love the small profiling pieces that the team gives every other paragraph. Blindingly amazing. But I think the really awesome thing about your writing is that you're able to convey a scene but still hold enough ambiguity as to what's going on that it's realistic.

Like that beautiful scene with the machine blowing up and the Doctor struggling with the psychic field; if you had over-described it with specific details of what the Doctor was feeling, it would have completely ruined the moment and taken away all kinds of mystery and wonder and anticipation left in that scene. And if you had underwritten it, it would've sounded stale and simple - rather like Hemingway, who I absolutely despise for his block-ish writing. I don't know if it just happens or if you can do it at will, but you always seem to have this sort of balance between over-sharing and under-sharing, in that you over-share with what goes on in the scene (like the whole blowing up of the machine and the Doctor in obvious pain), but that you don't under-share it (like when you offer various perspectives by the profilers, and have them contemplate each notion equally). That's what keeps me addicted to your writing, and always coming back for more.

I just can't seem to write a short review, can I? I apologize if I've made you read all of this, it wasn't my intention to write an entire story in your review box. But you and your writing deserve a lot more than this; it truly is something of a gift and is definitely very pleasurable to read. Absolutely amazing job on this.

~IsomorphicTARDIS
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 5 . 9/28/2014
The doctor does indeed have quite a god complex. haha
But his other characteristics (no matter how manufactured by him as his masks they are) are decently well portrayed. I did think there was a bit of ooc tension underlying the doc all the time, but it was pretty good though. :P
neat story!
ohmycroft chapter 5 . 7/27/2014
Loved it! You've written the Doctor's character perfectly :)
I'd love to see a sequel!
KG86 chapter 5 . 2/27/2014
I shall review this every time i reread it:) I love this story so much I have to read it every few months. The characterization of all, BAU and The Doctor, the insight to their characters...its all marvelous and perfect.

E
Empress Akitla chapter 5 . 1/13/2014
Woe. I haven't read any of your other stories, but this one here was good. For me, it was interesting to see the Doctor through the eyes of another, rather than seeing things from the Doctor's perspective. And all the characterizations, they were spot on. Loved the BAU team. Awesome. Keep up the great writing. :)
Christy - Flare chapter 3 . 1/8/2014
I gotta say, you describe the Doctor's reactions remarkably well. And portray his scariness awesomely as well.
Christy - Flare chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
The 'not all power is physical' bit, wow. I totally get it with the Doctor. When he has that 'look' on his face, you better not be about to piss him off.
Christy - Flare chapter 5 . 12/31/2013
Dang, this was a REALLY good story! Maybe a teeny weeny tad darker than the Doctor really is, but otherwise pretty much spot on. Would love to see more.
TheMadHowler chapter 5 . 11/23/2013
Aaaaaaaah! I couldn't stop reading! Brilliant! Wonderful! Genius! FANTASTIC!
Talk Bubble chapter 5 . 11/15/2013
That ending. It feels as if it's leading into a sequel :D Which would be awesome... but either way, that was a beautiful story. I love crossovers of police shows with crazy supernatural or sci-fi stuff. It's interesting.

Also, I'm not sure if it was intentional, but was the Doctor tapping out the Fibonacci sequence while in the car with Derek? Or was I imagining things? xD i think I'm just imagining things seeing as how the last number would be wrong. It does sound like something he would do though; maybe I'll use that one day.
Lucillia chapter 5 . 9/29/2013
That story was good, and you seem to have pegged the characters quite nicely.
Guest chapter 5 . 8/16/2013
That was Fantastic! loved how everything tied together at the end!
Izzy Jizzy chapter 5 . 8/10/2013
I'm just wondering. Are you gonna make a sequal to this. I really liked your story.