Reviews for Promises
Resevius chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Hi Hex,
Very nice spin on RLSB to RLNT. Um, doesn't really matter, but Peter didn't betray the Potters til 1981. Great job.
Frayed Misfit chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
I really enjoyed this fic, I like the static in between the letters. You give the reader enough information to know what it going on but at the same time you give the reader a licence to use their imagination and make the story their own. The letters did make the story a little more impersonal though, maybe if you had added some more first person from Remus' side in between the letters we would feel a little more emotion. Great work though, I look forward to reading more from you in the future.
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
This. Is so perfect.

I love it!

Excellent job. I love the last one especially.

felines chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
I liked this! I enjoyed reading the epistolary format, and your writing was nice to read.

Spelling and Grammar: 9/10 pts. Spotted just one place where you forgot a space, but that's just me being nit-picky. xD

Originality: 9/10 pts. I liked the letter format, though it wasn't unique, and I also loved the characterizations of Sirius.

Believability: 9/10 pts. Your letters really show off the maturing of the two's relationship as well as the maturation of Sirius! Good job! I liked the mention of Tonks/Remus, because we know that's canon, and for RemSirius shippers, it can't be avoided. (Unless you're writing AU.)

Flow: 8/10 pts. I liked it! I thought it read well, and maybe this is just me, but I felt some of the letters served no purpose. I mean, they were funny and heartwarming and well-written, and this is probably me being a hypocrite, but I might have added something substantial to those letters after or before the funny bits.

Overall story: 9/10 pts. Like I said, I thought some of the letters didn't really have any point though that's understandable since Sirius is like, what? 11? 12? Still, I enjoyed this piece, even though I usually don't read slash!

So your final score is 44/50! Great job!
Ember Nickel chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
The 1973 section was funny. Nice job introducing chocolate early on, and adding the "solemnly swear" as another kind of promise. Having the Blacks insult Lupin and that push Sirius over the edge felt a little unrealistic, but I guess if you're shipping them together it makes sense.
The Erumpent Horn chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
I love it, and I actually felt my eyes prickling a little bit when I read Sirius' last note. Beautifully written, honestly, though I think there could have been a few more notes stretched over the years. Anyhow, it was wonderful, and I eagerly await the next chapter (if there is one. Is there one?).

GreenGirl111 chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Such a sad ending! Poor Sirius...