Reviews for A Ministering Angel Thou
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
"Petrificus Totalus. Mobilicorpus."

-I can think of soooo many people I would have used that on...

And it will serve Minerva right when *she* wakes up sneezing.

Love this!
Ysilme chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
I can't remember if I already said something about this little gem elsewhere, but I loved it as much with the second reading as with the first. Seeing my two favourite female characters together is already wonderful, and you give them such a sweet, comforting time together. They're so beautifully in character and work together so well... crancy, ill Poppy, no-nonsense, competent and yet sweet Minerva knowing just the right cure... and of course, Poppy could never be anything but the model patient! *lol*
McGonagall's Bola chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
This made for a very nice read!
Swallow B chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Hee hee, that was a fun one to read on Minerva's birthday. Apart from the magic, it sounds a lot like real life (I mean the beginning, of course): how hard it can be not to nag and how annoying Poppy can get when she is sick herself. I can feel for Minerva (I am still talking about the beginning of the story, of course).

It was a good idea to reverse the roles and turn Poppy into the patient. This makes the story so much more interesting, and funny (humour with truth and wisdom, the type I like).

My favourite lines:

"It goes without saying that you don't ravish a student"

"The fact that there is, indeed, a pulse is a Good Thing."
moira of the mountain chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
/grin/ One wonders who will benefit more from this particular regimen of treatment - the patient or the nurse? I expect both will need considerable "bed rest" for the next few hours...
Greyella chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Brilliant in wordplay and plot! Love this.
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
It's terrible of me, I know, but I'm glad that Plucky Patient had this little. . .not illness, of course not, but this minor, non-serious cold. Minerva's patience and creativity in treatment is a model for us all. The lengths to which she is willing to go for the good of her Sainted Sufferer serva as quite an inspiration. A Ministering Angel indeed.

"And Minerva strongly feels that it will do Poppy good to learn what it's like to be on the receiving end of nursing. Learning to be a good patient will be an interesting experience for her. And Minerva, ever the teacher, plans to make it a hands-on experience."

Eminently reasonable and Minerva-like.

"Minerva can suddenly see the point of nursing: such a very satisfying glow one feels when a patient responds so well to treatment."

See, this is one of the many attractive aspects of Minerva: the fact that even when she's teaching a lesson, she is open to new learning experiences. And in just a few minutes, she'll learn about osculation.

This entire story is most definitely A Good Thing.
spin84 chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
I have become one of 'Them'. A tripping fangirl who squee-ed at just seeing the dream team behind this piece (TRS, Squibstress AND Kelly Chambliss involved? Mind... cannot... process...)

So like the trooper I am, I battled on into the main body of text. If I was to tell you all that I loved about this I would be quoting the whole damn thing back to you, and although imitation is the highest form of flattery I fear that may be going a little too far.

All I shall say is I wonder how the self-confessed Ministering Angel would cope if the tables were turned and she were to become the Sainted Sufferer? (However, I loved to see this rarely-used reverse. It says a lot more about both of their characters I feel than the standard stereotypical fayre).

Wonderful :)