Reviews for Separated At Birth
ekcobase chapter 1 . 3/9
I usually avoid cross-overs like the plague, but I adore this! Mara and River are perfectly IC, and River's message to her at the end is just perfect.

I also lol'd a lot at the way Karrde ran a mile from River, in a 'I am in so much trouble if I get close to that!' kind of way!
UnknownFigment chapter 1 . 1/11
This is sheer brilliance.
Cassandra Spayke chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
This story is one of those ideas that, in retrospect, is such a "well, of course these two characters should meet" that one wonders there aren't hundreds of Mara/River fics - but on the other hand, this particular story is so absolutely perfect and well-written that it should stand as canon for any Mara/River stories that follow.

Both Mara and River are in beautifully in character, Karrde, too, and I can totally see why Mara would keep Ghent away from River. And I love the little continuity touches - the silver jumpsuit explained!, the Emperor's warehouse on Wayland revisited because OF COURSE if a vortex manipulator existed in the GFFA it would be there, the psychic paper becoming a psychic data reader, River the doctor of antiquities, Mara setting a course to Kauron and the events of Specter of the Past.

Finally, the story is clever, the writing smart and thoroughly enjoyable. Thank you so much for sharing the story.
Toaofwriting chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
Excellent story. Wonderful job.
TortoisetheStoryteller chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
Mara Jade and River Song, now THAT'S a scary concept. Good thing they're from different galaxies.
LynnisaMystery chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
I absolutely love this! Best crossover ever! There's just no denying it! I can't believe I never really considered these two as friends before! It seems so silly to not have!
OldFashionedGirl95 chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
I read this awhile ago, and while I'm familiar with neither universe, I enjoyed it then and I enjoyed it again today. Strong women, separated-at-birth best friends, and a little shopping was exactly what I was in the mood for today, and I still love the ending, with a message getting through ten years later. There's something romantic about it, in the old sense of the word-something of the message in the bottle-and it's lovely.
LVB chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
I never knew I needed this until you wrote it! A fantastic fusion of the two verses!
86witter86 chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Awesome :)

I used to read a lot of Mara Jade stuff back in the early 00's - she was (and still is) by far my favorite Star Wars character. I didn't really like River until "Let's Kill Hitler", when she began exhibiting Mara-like attributes (namely a preprogrammed desire to kill). I think you're right - one universe is too small to contain the both of them :)

I particularly loved the scene of River and Mara comparing their childhoods - who else could possibly understand? Brilliant!
jadesfire22 chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
What a combination. Lol.
Obversa chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Excellently written! Fantastic character portrayals and most of all, superb writing! Loved the story overall!
Jenny-Wren28 chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
This was wonderful! Perfect.
Smoltenica chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
This was BRILLIANT. I never thought of the parallels between Mara Jade and River Song, but they are great- the evil twins separated at birth to be raised as secret weapons by a meglomaniac. You have a great writing style and a grasp of characters, and this is one crossover that truly works. Bravo!
ilyena damodred chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
D
Heartwould chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
Very good! Not fields I usually play in, but I know who River Song is, at least!