Reviews for Volleyball
tidalutopia chapter 11 . 1/2/2012
I kinda of wanted another kiss, though.

Awwww, is it over? Well, it was brilliant!
DowntonIsMyLife chapter 11 . 1/2/2012
Oh I loved this story, I think you really captured the tension of the game and the awkwardness of things between Isobel and Richard. Please write a little something kinda around Charles and Elsie's pov and their side of the story! Id love that :) Nice one though
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 11 . 1/1/2012
This was just so droll! Lots of great lines here:

"'Molesley, I think my waking up at all this morning was a very bad idea...'"

"'Wake me up if the house catches fire, but not for anything less serious.'"

Dear Mr. Molesley. He is so correct, so discreet, and so insanely under pressure. I felt for him, and for poor, hungover Isobel.

But Dr. Clarkson was adorable in this as well. And you ended with a most unexpected twist, which I liked.
griseldalafey chapter 11 . 1/1/2012
Ive loved this story so much that Im sorry it has come to an end. But I thought it was a very fitting one. Ive adored Isobel in this and I think Richard Clarkson should count his lucky stars for the way she conveniently arranged to be married to him.
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 10 . 12/18/2011
With all the awkwardness and hilarity that's come before, that closing exchange between the two women is just wonderfully wise and touching.

In fact there a number of memorable grin-inducing lines in this - "He hid his head once more behind his newspaper as she propped her head up on her arm, in order to make sure it stayed on..." "She contemplated taking along the Bible with her if it would help her to look any more wholesome..."

I must confess, though, I had my doubts about orange juice on an early 20th century breakfast table but wasn't certain it was time to call the Anachronism Police on you.

I look forward to more fun in future chapters.
griseldalafey chapter 10 . 12/17/2011
Awww... hed better love her more than ever now. I just love how Isobel tries to uphoald a sense of normality amoungst all the madness. Molesely and Matthew were wonderful, as was the conversation with Elsie.

But I too would like to know what happened between her and her most enthousiastic fan.
TheRedFaerie chapter 10 . 12/15/2011
Poor Isobel. As always, love the way you write the Elsie/Isobel friendship.
ellie987 chapter 10 . 12/15/2011
I totally failed to leave you some feedback for the previous chapter, but let me tell you how much I adored it and how much I laughed. That was purely hilariousness at its best. LMAO! The thought of Isobel runk, swearing she was married to Richard and then snogging him senseless...just priceless.

Just as much as the morning after. This was utterly precious. I specially liked Molesley's composure in all this. He was a witness, after all and I bet he was quite amused, but he's always so dear to Isobel! So much that he was ready to kick Richard out! LOL! Oh and Matthew! Deliriously fantastic son!

Loved the talk between Elsie and Isobel...which reminded me...could we get a spin-off, a side story, a one shot or something about that infamous Carson's shirt? Because, if my memory doesn't fail me at the moment, I don't think we got a reaction to that after the game and I'd love to read how Charles reacted to that and how those two ended up sitting too close in a pub.
Guest chapter 10 . 12/15/2011
"Now, look me in the face and tell me honestly that you weren't kissed yesterday evening, at the very least"

Haaaaa, that sounds like something I would say, and I did one of those embarrassing "bwahahah" laughs when I red it. Very well done!

CJM007
Lavinia Swire chapter 10 . 12/15/2011
Heeee, I love all this! I really enjoyed the scene at Crawley House, with Molesley being awkward and Matthew being amused and slightly impressed. And you have most definitely made me ship Carson/Hughsie and Isobel/Richard. Great chapter - can't wait for the next update!
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 9 . 12/13/2011
Wait! WHAT? I didn't see this coming, not in the least.

The chapter was tremendous fun, though I think a few people marched off into out-of-character territory. For instance, I find myself wondering about this business of Miss O'Brien "trying to engage Mr. Bates in a dance." Was it just the alcohol talking? Or did she have some nefarious plot? Give up concealing an attraction to him?

But Molesley, Carson, and the dowager countess were all nicely in character. I like too that it was a great adventure for the Crawley girls to be in a public house.

Returning to poor Mrs. Crawley, who is suffering the effects of a few too many drinks, I am intrigued by where you are taking her and Dr. Clarkson. Hm.
tidalutopia chapter 9 . 12/12/2011
holy crap isobel kissed richard and they were "married"

this is starting to be my crack, i don't know if this is healthy to me

my poor, poor shipper heart
Thequietculchie chapter 9 . 12/11/2011
Fantastic update!

I liked the fast pace of this chapter-would've been nice to have been able eavesdrop on the conversion between Mrs Hughes and Mr Carson but I still loved Isobel's perspective!

Can't wait for more!
mts3479 chapter 9 . 12/11/2011
Looking forward to what happens next. The pub chapter was really funny!
griseldalafey chapter 9 . 12/11/2011
Drunk!Isobel is both hysterical and adorable. No wonder Dr Clarkson professed his undying love for her. Although I feel the need to make her enormous pot of coffee... shes going to need it. And I simply adored the quiet Charles/Elsie moments amongst all the madness. So completely lost in each other. Violet poking Branson was hilarious as well.

Just a general wonderment, partially after having read Carol Singing, is the Elsie/Richard friendship (aka the Scottish camaraderie) going to be your new friend-ship?