Reviews for The Third Uzukage
ahitt6345 chapter 2 . 8/25
Your writing style is very abrupt, describe more. It helps out your reader a lot.
Mao chapter 9 . 8/16
Nul toujours le naruto au grand cœur qui pardonne tout le monde et veux sauver konoha nul pourri
Mad M0xxi chapter 47 . 7/16
The story itself was a long trip (and apparently has a sequel that I'll abstain from for a bit due to some of the things I'll write on later in the review) which was filled with a lot of good an bad, so I'll kind of just lay it out here at the end in general terms.

As far as the good goes, the plot itself was actually pretty well done (until the ending arc). Of course, the usually isn't a terrible amount of room for error when you follow the original series' plot as a guide, but nonetheless, the author's style keeps things fresh at the very least, and the concept of a more powerful Naruto is always fun to work with. The characters themselves are unique to the changes of the world without having been completely butchered in their personalities, and characters who perhaps would not usually get as much screen-time (team asuma for example) get enough to give you a break from the main drama/action while also not going on filler-esque tangents.

Unfortunately comes the bad, or at least the minor nit-picky stuff that always annoys me.

Starting with the major one, the plot towards the end of the fic just gets nonsensical almost compared to the rest of the story. The main problem seemed to be Sasuke. The author very constantly wavers him (throughout the entire story, but the worst at the end) through two extremes of bland and strange moral stances. In one scene, Sasuke is calmer than the canon, and "oh look, he's actually making friends with Naruto!" and then in the next scene he's once again a complete and total scumbag for no reason other than to (presumably) continue the conflict. *spoilers* It gets the worst at the conclusion, where, after we'd finally said "oh yeah, Sasuke conflict resolved, he's repenting, everything's good, nothing to see here" and it just looks like he's about to steal the thunder and actually help Naruto in the final battle, author says "Nope! It was all a ruse! He's totally evil after all!" and then proceeds to make up some BS excuse as to why Sasuke's morals get to change for about the 20th time in 47 chapters. (That's an exaggeration, but it very honestly feels like that)

Second is a tiny nit-pick, which is grammar, and in some rarer cases, spelling. This is very much not the story for you if you do not want to be correcting grammar mistakes in your head all the time.

Third would be that which is a hit or miss entirely depending on personal preference, and that would be the cosmetic switching throughout the story. Naruto will be looking different to what you'd naturally imagine from I'd like to say chapter 3, and will go through maybe 4 iterations of hairstyle and just as many costume changes, almost none of which feel natural (I.E. They feel like the author just stuck them in there because it sounded cool, and have 0 plot significance whatsoever). His hair and eye color change very early on as well for reasons that I don't remember if they were ever explained, which reflects poorly on the explanation anyway if didn't matter to the plot as well as myself as a reader enough to remember. So, essentially, I just ignored everything the author said about how anyone looked, because everything is much easier that way. I absolutely know I wasn't going to google pictures of all these different characters from different shows every single time he/she mentioned that Naruto's new look was supposed to reflect theirs.

Fourth would be Naruto's personality itself. The author of course explained that it was supposed to be like Byakuya Kuchiki from Bleach, but if you haven't seen/read it, there is of course no context, and it doesn't translate well. Sometimes he's an emotionless bastard, sometimes he's strangely angry, sometimes he's a cocky Sasuke clone, and sometimes he's his normal, expressive self. This issue fixes itself toward the end, but it feels like it's only because his personality becomes less closed and more opened, defining it more and leaving less wiggle room to make the earlier mistakes. It was very jarring occasionally, and I don't think I ever felt confident in my "this is how Naruto will react" reader predictions, which is a very very bad thing. Predicatble characters is one thing, but an entirely unpredictable main character when it doesn't make sense is a different beast entirely in terms of lack of enjoyment. It kept me neither on the edge of my seat nor interested in what was happening, it was more of a feeling that I must have missed something, somewhere, that would give me a reason why Naruto would act in such a way in such a situation. Inwas disturbed to find that no, I didn't miss anything, the characters are just that unpredicatble sometimes.

And finally is that the romantic sub-plot (that would be your bread n' butter NaruHina) is all around poorly done, in my humble opinion. Like the Sasuke thing, the author presents a great many opportunities for which this could resolve itself early on (and as such leading to a better plot revolving around them actually holding a relationship with the events of the story going on) but pretty much just does that dramatic (or lazy, if you look at it like that) way of doing things where it will be addressed for the entire story but will not be resolved until approximately the last few paragraphs. Ya' know... 47 chapters in. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth, much like the wishy-washy Sasuke, to pretty much know that the story's plot could have been exponentially better if certain issues could just resolve themselves and move on earlier, and stay done.

All in all, it was a pretty satisfying read, however I do believe that I will be steering clear of the sequel.
Rogue Survivor chapter 8 . 7/13
I thought he was supposed to be smarter, and able to think things through. This has a bunch of random physical and mental changes that claim to affect the story, and then he goes and does the same things as canon Naruto, and he's still an idiot.
my 2 guys chapter 18 . 7/7
my 2 guys chapter 12 . 7/5
khyril13 chapter 21 . 6/22
a 00
bookreader451 chapter 2 . 6/8
holy fuck the run-on sentences...pls find a beta. good ideas but your sentence construction is terrible
Blitzstrahl chapter 45 . 4/20
I'm going to call bullshit. Sasuke shouldn't know the Chidori.
Blitzstrahl chapter 39 . 4/20
Anko you bitch.
Blitzstrahl chapter 34 . 4/20
Chunin he'll that's a Jonin worthy performance lol.
1,222 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »