Reviews for Project Thoughts
Zephyrus Genesis chapter 1 . 2/4
'Nellie Shank' wouldn't, perchance, be the person who later becomes 'Nel Tu', would she? You put a tad to much emphasis on her (and the hint that her family was also turned) for me to think it anything except a 'canon-shout-out'/'hint-at-what's-to-come'.

((Random Comment: I'm REAL curious to see how you include Aizen in this particular Bleach-variation))
Kisuminight chapter 1 . 1/2
"Ninja Pounce!" Sorry, I can't stop snickering about that.
It's nice to see Yamamoto classified as just a little blind. When I've seen him written, he usually is either extreme good or extreme bad, with no grey range in between.
You haven't discussed the possibilities of lifespan yet. I mean, the Hollows are a virus that takes over a body, and it would be illogical for a virus that is working right to just shut down...so does that mean the shinigami are all technically immortal/incapable of aging?
Is Yoruichi's plan to turn people who were Hollows (and hadn't eaten anybody yet) an excuse to introduce the Vizards? And how will the whole mass transport shunpo mean for Yoruichi's created technique, shunko?
Nukenin chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
I recently addicted my sister to Bleach, so of course I had to direct her to this series, and after talking it over, we thought a good way to get Aizen involved was through corrupt politicians - specifically one who wanted Aizen to recreate the shinigami only without the fur (for his own private team of assassins). We thought this could be a good way to get some of the other characters involved - have Matsumoto be a 1st gen of this experiment that didn't go quite right and have Rukia and Renji be a later generation (possibly Rukia was kidnapped as a way to pull in Hisana and Byakuya).
Cloudysky chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
I love this series. It's a bit hard to follow sometimes - the names still get me confused at times. Maybe that's because I know absolutely nothing of Bleach? It's still very entertaining.

At the moment, I'm most interested to know how the 'normal' survivors will evolve. Though for the shinigami: am I right in guessing they'll find some way to figure out some kind of invisibility next?
Kitsune chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
First off I have to say that I really enjoyed this. Really wished you would have wrote more though if only so we could see how the whole Espada arc worked out. And Aizen's powers. Sorry but I've been in a whole Aizen craze lately and would have loved to see his whole viewpoint and manipulations. It's so hard to find really good Aizen fics where he either wins or his plans work regardless. But I'm getting past the point. Love your writing and hope to see more!
Echo chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Damn, now I really want to read more in this universe, especially 'Things Not to do with Grim Squeakers' that would be hilarious!
Alowl chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
You know, I keep wondering about how the Arrancar would fit into this 'verse. You've mentioned Nel, specifically, but thoughts of Grimmjow and Stark, among others, keep grabbing my attention; I wonder what they'd be like? I mean, if someone comes up with a way to de-monsterize them, at least in part. And what their past lives as members of the Project would be...

...nothing like the people the shinigami knew, that's for certain. Something that looks human but is just as inhuman as they themselves are; they might have near-total amnesia about their past lives, with just a few scattered memories here and there, technical skills... I know you're probably never going to address this, but it's an interesting image. Trying out a 'cure' on a shrieking hollow, them huddled around the bed, waiting to see what might emerge... And then dealing with what *does*. You bring up several very good points about the downsides of 'curing' a full-fledged hollow.

...yes, I'm aware that hollows are soul-eating monstrosities out of a person's deepest nightmares, even in canon. Still, it's the fan in me speaking - we haven't seen anything of the hollow's life cycles yet, it's entirely possible that they have a life-cycle mirroring that in canon, meaning that they start to 'evolve' towards a more human-compatible sentience... Well. I just wonder what they'd be like, what their role would be, if they'd be grateful for the 'cure' or damn the shinigami for forcing a change on them, if they would be anything resembling human or just blank slates - albeit ones with even more inhuman characteristics then the shinigami.
aeva elementia chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Getting ther names, flash-stepping... And Yamamoto relaxes a bit.
Love this universe. Really wish you'd make a few more fics for it.
Corisanna chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
I just came back to re-read the entire series again. It's just so creative and clever and I love it. I notice little things every time I read them, which is every few months. I hope there's more coming from this universe. I like how you're developing the psychological differences and interpersonal conflicts and bonding. I also like the way you write the thought-communication. The somewhat stilted construction makes it seem more... instinctive/primal compared to really thought-out spoken language. Like distilling the concepts into only the necessary. It especially makes sense for everyone's others, since it's implied the secondary neural cluster is more instinct and not as developed as the actual brain. I also love the little details like the fondness for cherries, the genre savviness of much of the main cast, and the way you've reinterpreted canon about Hollows and shinigami. It looks like the mention of a possible cure for the Hollows and fear it won't completely work is a setup for making Arrancar. Nice.

I'm curious where you'll take Toushirou's character, since as another reviewer noted, he seems to be slipping into being shinigami most quickly and smoothly due to his youth. The others don't seem to consciously notice it- or if they do notice the signs (Retsu noting his eagerness for a blade, Nanao his reaction to the guards in camp, Yoruichi his mastery of dodging and running to the extent she has to practice sneaking, everyone should see how easily he communicates with Hyourinmaru and he was first to ask to play-hunt) they aren't taking the evidence to its conclusion. With the mention of them actively watching him for side-effects, I'd think they'd notice how he's accepted the change more comfortably- at least, not resisting most of it like the adults. So I'm curious what's going to happen with him.

Question: If the lab flash-freezing tissue didn't work, how does Toushirou and Isane's cryokinesis manage to kill them? Is it some added psychokinesis aspect?

Another question: Will we see more OCs or crossover characters with non-Japanese names? It seems odd that so many people in a group in which not everyone speaks Japanese (Juushirou said Sogyo no Kotowari was *teaching* the others) and derives from some kind of interplanetary diaspora would have Japanese names. Unless you have an explanation for that, like those with Japanese ancestry having higher MHC than other groups for some reason in the way sickle cell anemia arose in peoples in areas where malaria is/was common. That would explain why people with Japanese names went shinigami, but you only have a few secondary characters with non-Japanese names. Unless they are there and they just haven't been important to the story. /probably over-thinking this

Anyway, hope you continue this universe. It's fascinating. And inspires babbling, LOL.
Tirielle chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Monster-slaying ninjas are AWESOME
Love Psycho chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
That's it. This is one of the awesomest fics out there.

I kinda am hoping that Ichigo will be BORN a Shinigami in this AU. If only because the idea of them having to raise one of them from birth would be interesting...plus, it would be CUTE!

The coffee stuff is funny too. This is definitely the lighter of the series, though it dips into darkness as well. And...they discovered how to get drunk. -giggles- Priceless!

-hands over platter- Magic cake for you!
TheMysticalFett chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
This is THE most off the wall and innovative take on Bleach that I have ever seen and I love it. The whole Tattermadalion AU is fun and brings new ideas and thoughts about what could be. This is truly awesome writing.

Cannot wait to see where the story will continue, so till next story, rock on author!
DGtnsl chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Coffee. To think the suppliers were giving them de-caf when they had to stay on watch and guard the areas, not to mention the vaccinated really really want it. Well, I guess that's one think Yamamoto's good for in this story; he got real coffee to be delivered. And at least everyone can relate to coffee; especially about the whole slowing heartrate thing.
And so the plot thickens. I enjoyed reading the Shinigami cross out every explanation to their condition except for the Aliens theory. this was well thought out. Also when you thought about the legalities; "unlincensed genetic alterations." I applauld you on your thoroughness.
Toshiro was scrutenizing (can't spell) the adults lack of understanding. It does seem that children are better able to adapt; and Toshiro and his other seem to be getting along swimmingly. That is, unlike the others. It was nice that you provided a sort of "status" on how well everyone was working with their others. Shunsui does need to work to get his other in sync. Wasn't that because he alreay had training? That was mentioned in Project Asclepius, I think. That means the strikers have as hard a time working with their others too, right? It kind of makes sense that Jushiro is able to slip into working with Sogyo no Kotowari so easily. I remember he was so scared of that, but he fills the role well.
I think that my favorite part of this story was when Yoruichi's other told her that she wouldn't eat Yamamoto because they don't know where he's been. It was sooo funny! I laughed out loud! Another great part was when Unohana marched into the tent "like a Mother Wolf, Isane and Hanatarou trailing like mismatched littermates in her wake". That really does describe Squad 4 of the anime/manga.
tammin chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
A great addition to this series. Thank you for this chapter and the character development that helps explain the motivations behind why the general and the Shinigami are acting the way they are.
Nuclear Sheep chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Regarding Black Death: By now it's been proven via DNA analysis of victims that the cause was Yersinia pestis.

Science is cool.