Reviews for Jury of His Own Peer
I agree with you; Hughes would be so pissed off at Hohenheim. Great fic, I'd love to see more of this sort!
NorthernMage chapter 1 . 12/8/2014
Honestly, I don't think Hohenheim's reason for leaving them would satisfy Hughes. He'd be probably even angrier than this if he heard. Good thing Ed and Al have other father figures to look to.
Katherine Sanderson chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
I could totally see this happening :)
sierra.steinbrecher chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
Hughes has every right to be angry, especially since he's one of the best father figures in the series.
Sentio Infermum chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
This is a great oneshot, absolutely in-character. I like to imagine that this conversation happened at some point; I always sort of have. Hughes was a wonderful father figure to the Elrics for the short time that he was around, but I always thought it was more interesting to think of their relationship with Mustang, who continued to be around while the two of them grew up, in his care. I feel like Mustang felt the weight of that responsibility to some degree, and I think you captured that very accurately here, in addition to Hughes' inability to understand how somebody could possible not want to be with his family.
lotrprincess chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Forget Mustang, in my opinion, HUGHES is a great father figure to the Elrics. I still don't like Hohenheim much, even after finishing both animes. Ed's opinion of him affected me a lot more than it probably should have.

Very nice fic, Hughes' reaction seems very in-character for someone who is more passionate about fatherhood than anything else.
S4A4M chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Hohenheim gets better how? I mean, sure saving the country from an evil homonculus is all well and good and hero-like, but why?
If he fells so responsible about the 'Dawrf-in-the-flask-turned-his-clone' he should have dealt with him a long time ago. 450 is a very loooong time, if he really wanted to do something about that he should have acted a long time before it became what it became. Before the Amestrian military became involved, before he had two sons to take care off.
Anyway I love your fic, but unlike you I don't see anyredeeming qualieties about Hohenheim, execpt for maybe one: he left for good (or at least untill he dealt with the threat from his past) and didn't make a target of, or take on the run with him, his wife and kids.

C ya next time
Dandelion-san chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
I favorited this awhile ago but never got around to reviewing. I was checking out my favorites when I saw this fic again. It affects me now as it did the last time I read it.

Hughes' characterization is done really well, especially as he is a father...
kalirush chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Awww. Yeah, that sounds about how Hughes would take that news. Bless Hohenheim, he was an okay guy, but a total failure as a parent.