Reviews for Jury of His Own Peer
sierra.steinbrecher chapter 1 . 1/8
Hughes has every right to be angry, especially since he's one of the best father figures in the series.
Sentio Infermum chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
This is a great oneshot, absolutely in-character. I like to imagine that this conversation happened at some point; I always sort of have. Hughes was a wonderful father figure to the Elrics for the short time that he was around, but I always thought it was more interesting to think of their relationship with Mustang, who continued to be around while the two of them grew up, in his care. I feel like Mustang felt the weight of that responsibility to some degree, and I think you captured that very accurately here, in addition to Hughes' inability to understand how somebody could possible not want to be with his family.
lotrprincess chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Forget Mustang, in my opinion, HUGHES is a great father figure to the Elrics. I still don't like Hohenheim much, even after finishing both animes. Ed's opinion of him affected me a lot more than it probably should have.

Very nice fic, Hughes' reaction seems very in-character for someone who is more passionate about fatherhood than anything else.
S4A4M chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Hohenheim gets better how? I mean, sure saving the country from an evil homonculus is all well and good and hero-like, but why?
If he fells so responsible about the 'Dawrf-in-the-flask-turned-his-clone' he should have dealt with him a long time ago. 450 is a very loooong time, if he really wanted to do something about that he should have acted a long time before it became what it became. Before the Amestrian military became involved, before he had two sons to take care off.
Anyway I love your fic, but unlike you I don't see anyredeeming qualieties about Hohenheim, execpt for maybe one: he left for good (or at least untill he dealt with the threat from his past) and didn't make a target of, or take on the run with him, his wife and kids.

C ya next time
Dandelion-san chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
I favorited this awhile ago but never got around to reviewing. I was checking out my favorites when I saw this fic again. It affects me now as it did the last time I read it.

Hughes' characterization is done really well, especially as he is a father...
kalirush chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Awww. Yeah, that sounds about how Hughes would take that news. Bless Hohenheim, he was an okay guy, but a total failure as a parent.