Reviews for The Lion King IV: The Rogue Pride
Haradion chapter 15 . 2/4
Well, you did a good job here, I enjoyed the story, especially Asante - who was too cute to fathom at times.
Adui was an interesting character - though in a few ways, he reminded me of a male version of Zira - obsessing over a dead lover who never really loved them, finding ways to blame other, decent people for their deaths, and being willing to kill for it.

Kopa and Kovu ruling jointly was a satisfactory ending - though a little overdone in my opinion, though seeing as this was published 3 years ago - this was one of the first to do so - so I guess its only in hindsight.
Asante wanting Zazu's job was hilarious!

I liked Kopa and Kovu's interactions again, and I liked discovering more about Vitani and Kovu's past with Kopa - although I was a little disappointed to see Nuka just "went along with it" and helped try and murder an innocent cub, when his siblings objected, which is odd considering how Vitani comments that he was a decent lion really, and missed his father terribly. It does however, fit with his image in the movie.

Overall though, I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it immensely, and I look forward to the next story. Keep at it. :D
Light-Eco-Sage chapter 6 . 2/2
Why are the malcontents so malcontent? Do they not know that Simba did away with Kopa's law? Or do they really wish that Simba would drive them away like other male lions would?
Sorry. I just don't understand.
22teamplayer chapter 15 . 8/29/2013
That was awesome. Just like the first book. You're style of writing is unique. The humor and the conflict.
That really is the question, isn't it? When does it become okay to kill your enemy? They say don't kill out of hate, but if someone was trying to kill your family you're gonna hate them regardless. That doesn't mean you're evil. However, if you do kill you're enemy, where do you draw the line between you and them?
I can't wait to start the next book.
22teamplayer chapter 6 . 8/21/2013
And thus history begins its dreadful repetition. First Scar, then Zira, and now this dumb#ss. No matter how many evil beings are removed there always seems to be one to replace them. And it usually starts with just a misunderstanding.
Scar thought his father didn't love him and look where it got him. Something tells me this idiot "has his lions crossed".
I can't wait to find out.
SuomiTytt chapter 15 . 7/18/2013
Loved the ending of Lion King IV! May I ask, do you still take suggestions for one-shots and stuff? If you do, would you please write about Kiara and Kovu? A romantic stuff about them, I mean. Like, what happened to those two, if Kovu's life was suddenly threatened, or something?
Abbl2 chapter 15 . 7/17/2013
I've read all three of your series book (I regret to say I haven't read your oneshots) and I really enjoyed it. I stayed up until 3 am to finish your 3rd book, which was incidentally the first one I read. You are a very talented writer. When I was little, the lion king and Peter pan were my favorite stories after I saw the Lion King musical and the 2003 live action of Peter pan, and my sister and I would play games centered around these stories, but I never knew how complicated it is. You gave it a whole new depth to the timeless story, and however epic the cartoon and the musical are, you bring it to a new level. I liked when you wrote parts from the actual events in the movies and added them as flashbacks. Your original charecters are fantastic, and I never say that! The charecters that were originally minor (and I suppose they still are) are deeply personified and explored which makes this story very interesting. Which brings me to my only criticism. Don't get me wrong, these stories are great, but a lot of times you humanize the lions a bit too much. Although emotions are ok, and I know lions don't really talk, so that's alright too, lions don't have hands or arms, and they don't use their limbs and paws to show affection (ie, hugging, "paw shaking," patting on the back, etc.). It's really distracting when you say "he pulled her in for a hug" or "she patted him comfortingly on the back." They nuzzle. And lick. They also don't kiss. Licking is kissing. And also, when they use modern termenolgy, like slang or swear words, or refer to things like shopping malls (they don't even know what that is!) or even when Timon and Pumbaa are cracking jokes and breaking the 4th wall, yeah it's funny to think of a lion/warthog/meerkat doing that, but it is really distracting to your readers. We'd rather laugh at some dramatic irony or something clever like that, and you are a talented enough writer to do something like that. You are really good and these are really great stories, but if you leave out the modern stuff and realize that they are LIONS! (talking lions, I'll give you that) and not people, then this story would be flawless. I noticed no grammar errors and I was hooked throughout the entire series. I like how you've done your research, and you've done it well, you know a lot about these stories, which makes it all the more fun to read, knowing that your not just feeding us a bunch of bullshit (which would still be fine btw). Fantastic work and I look forward to reading more in the future. I'm glad the 3rd book is going to be much longer than the others, it gives me something to look forward to for longer. Please update soon :) (not this book, this one is clearly done. I mean the 3rd/5th one)
SuomiTytt chapter 10 . 7/17/2013
:'( Poor Sarabi... Why..? WHY? Ohh.. Now you made me cry.. Sniff...
SuomiTytt chapter 8 . 7/17/2013
Kopa's an adult, right? Don't you think there are a bit too much Simba and Kopa hugging and nuzzling each other? Just thought...
Anyway, chapter was good one(do I say that too often?). :)
SuomiTytt chapter 7 . 7/17/2013
*with dramatic voice* Leo's past shall be revealed!
You know what Beba means in one slang in my country? Butt! It was so funny reading this, when Beba showed up, and I was like "butt-head!" :D
SuomiTytt chapter 5 . 7/16/2013
O.o Vitani... scary... help... please...
SuomiTytt chapter 4 . 7/16/2013
Nice chapter. But one thing keeps bothering me: The other lion in the cover is Kopa, I know, but who's the other one?
JNSx7 chapter 2 . 7/12/2013
Oh my... Kopa and Vitani used to be together, weren't they?!
Guest chapter 7 . 7/8/2013
Well most of what I've been noticing is that you've got too many characters. It's hard to keep track of, plus it's painfully obvious who will end up with whom. Other than that though, it's not too bad, not many annoying errors, it has some plot and you mostly keep your language down.

Thunder
Kovu and Kiara's FANGIRL chapter 2 . 6/28/2013
Asante how was Kovu 9 months and Kiara 2 months?
Emberscar chapter 15 . 5/11/2013
Awesome story once again, loved reading it.